No announcement yet.

~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

6:05am in Alberta, I'll have 24 more please, and thanks...

Sunny this morning but thunderstorms forecast for late afternoon. Going to try to get to the driving range before it rains!

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
    [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
    Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
    Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
    Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Hello all, another busy day ahead here. Family visiting is a blessing but it also means lots of disruption to routine and lots of extra efforts. All worth it! My daughter and grandson catch their flight back late tomorrow afternoon. The visit has been loads of good fun but for and old fogey like me, a bit exhausting. Nice to be enjoying it af!!

24 more please and thank you.
      Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

69f and overcast, iffy on the rain today 50/50 chance.
        A beautiful day yesterday, sunny, no rain, low humidity. Got a bike ride in after a little work.
        James Taylor tells me the secret of life is enjoying the passage of time. So true.
        so, get out there and enjoy, all!
        24 more for me please.

Comment

Geez, that's not just standing water [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION], that's a duck pond! Are there other crops they plant besides corn? I know up here if seeding season runs late they seed barley, a quick maturing crop...

Agree [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION], having family home is so enjoyable, but so is our normal daily routine lol.

I think I hurried through many of life's little treasures [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION], now it find it hard to get any hurry in me!

Thanks for the great quotes this week [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION], we maybe do get old too quick, but we're never too old to quit drinking! I wish I would have wised up 40 years ago...
          Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
          Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
          Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

5:40 am in Vegas another 24
            I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
            Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Hoping for a great AF weekend for everyone.

There's a huge wildfire near the place we stay when we are in AZ. It's over 60,000 acres. Prayers go out to all those fighting the blaze. Hoping monsoons come early this year.

I'll take another 24, please and thank you!

Comment

Another24 hours please & thank you.

Wildfires are scary Ginger. We’ve had several in our part of the world these past few summers and the environmental impact is huge. I remember going for a walk with Jessie one day last summer and the smoke was so thick we could almost chew the air.

Great quote today and very true.

Question - do we become our parents? My sister commented yesterday that I’ve become our Dad. Not quite sure how I feel about that. Anyone experienced/is experiencing the same thing?

Yesterday we booked a 10 day winter escape to our favourite resort in Mexico. Something to look forward to!

Have a great af Saturday everyone!

QW
                AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

QW, what a great idea to book a trip to look forward to! This summer is blowing by! As for becoming our parents, I sure hope I'm not turning into my mom. She was often a cantankerous woman. If I am, I hope my people call me on it. ;>)

Comment

Beautiful day here today! I'll take it as they are so rare lately in this neighborhood!
                    [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION]...in many ways, I think that we do become our parents, which is not always a bad thing!

Another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

Good morning Cafe. I did something yesterday to share and be accountable for. My husband, who hardly drinks, made himself a rum drink. I looked at it and simply took 3 large gulps from it. What the hell. It was that simple. I walked away feeling horrible for what I did and how easy it was. It was like there was no thought involved. I am learning from this experience and realizing that letting your guard down can be deadly. I am using this as a learning tool and not defeat. I have come way too far to blow it. Just pissed at myself. If i wanted to completely blow it I would have drank more. I knew enough to walk away from that potential nightmare. YIKES.

Comment

“Acceptance doesn't mean resignation; it means understanding that something is what it is and that there's got to be a way through it.” - Michael J. Fox

6:05am in Alberta, 24 for me and everyone else who needs them please, and thanks...

Cloudy and cool this morning, more rain on the way! At least I got to hit a bucket of balls on the driving range yesterday!

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                        [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

Comment

Nothing fancy this morning, just a good old farmer's breakfast...

Last edited by abcowboy; June 23, 2019, 07:28 AM.

Comment

5:51 am in Vegas another 24 Rava,((hugs)) good for you for stopping there! You know it's gross and didn't go any further and yes it is scary how quickly we can make the wrong choice in a flash blow it off,learn and proceed
                            I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                            Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

[MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION], good for you for seeing those gulps for what they are and coming right back here. We all make mistakes but it's what we do after we make them that counts. Move forward and move on.

Thanks for breakfast and the quote, [MENTION=21602]abcowboy[/MENTION].

I'll take another 24, please and thank you!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Great brekkie Cowboy! And a great quote. I wonder if Michael J Fox was referring to Parkinson’s when he said that.

Thanks Rava for sharing. It shows how our brains work and how the risk of a slip is always there. As Ginger said, it matters more what you do after. Your Cafe friends are here for you and anyone else tempted by the beast.

Jude, my folks were great but like all of us, not perfect. What I’ve tried to do in helping raise our kids and now being an influence on our grandkids, is to be a nicer, kinder, more understanding person. I like to think I’m doing OK!

I hope everyone enjoys their Sunday af!

QW
                                AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                                F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Working...
                                X