No announcement yet.

~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great quote [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION]! It reminded me to always look on the “bright” side of things!
    Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
    Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
    Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Good morning Cafe! Happy 1 year Slo! I remember quitting with you this time last year but I fell off the wagon! You are now all ready for the wedding just the way you wanted Sober! So happy for you! Yesterday at the water park it was so hot that I basically sat in the kiddie pool all day with the grands. Fun day, great weekend full of grands. In my drinking days, I would have wanted them to leave so I could start drinking. So glad I don’t have to do that anymore. Being able to enjoy life without that compulsion is so freeing! Hope everyone has a great Tuesday. Another 24 for me please!

Comment

“The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.” ~ William Arthur Ward

Congrats on one year Slo! :sendflowers: The cake was delicious cowboy.....did you make it yourself?

Stetson is doing great [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION]! I took him out on a long trail ride the other day and he was awesome!

Another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

63F and sunny. several beautiful days coming up!
          No work either! Time for bike riding, yea. Trying to hit 500 miles this month, only 140 to go.
          adjusting the sails for another 24!

Comment

5:55am in Alberta, 24 more for me please, and thanks...

Sun is shining, haying is underway, going to be a scorcher today!

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
            [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=19596]Slo[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] abcowboy

Nice to see you [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION]! You should be joining us everyday, you chair looks empty without you here.

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
            Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
            Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
            Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Nope [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION], I'm not much of a baker. I let the Internet Bakery look after the cake baking and decorating lol.

I did manage to get in nine holes yesterday [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION], although I hit the ball enough times for an 18 hole score!

You're well on your way to one year as well [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION], nothings going to stop you now right!
              Last edited by abcowboy; July 23, 2019, 07:07 AM.

Comment

I'm liking the idea of putting a sail on my bike, Mr. V . Thanks for the good quote, Jude!

Big congrats, [MENTION=19596]Slo[/MENTION]!!! Awesome!

24 more, please and thank you.
                Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

I broke a tooth yesterday and the wonderful staff at our dentists office got me an appointment for this morning. I am so glad to be dealing with this alcohol free! And it’ll be nice to have this fixed before my trip to Australia.

It’s going to be a scorcher here today as well Cowboy. People said we were crazy to waste money having central air installed when we moved here since we’d only use it 2 weeks a year. Wrong. We run it from early May to late September most years. Today is supposed to be 32C, almost 90F, and it’s humid. I’m happy we’ll be cool.

Have a great af Tuesday everyone!

QW
                  AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                  F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Thanks for stopping by with your well-wishes, [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION]! I’m glad you’re still here.

Mr. V, that is one long stint of hot weather you had! I am so relieved that the extreme heat has broken in time for my daughter’s outdoor wedding. I went to an outdoor wedding this week three years ago near the same area where daughter’s will be, and it was a hot, drippy affair with 93 F heat and high humidity!

You sure have seen your share of weddings as a wedding photographer, QW! I have adjusted to my short hair now. Thanks to all of you who helped me put it in perspective.

I love taking kids to water parks, Rava! Perfect for a hot day too.

Great quote, Jude, on how to flow through life, instead of fighting against it.

Asking for another 24 hours AF to start out year 2!
                    Last edited by Slo; July 23, 2019, 09:09 AM.
                    Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.

Comment

[MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION], I'm so glad Stetson has turned out to be a great ride. Good boy!

[MENTION=19596]Slo[/MENTION], is the wedding this weekend? [MENTION=21602]abcowboy[/MENTION], haying is in full swing here too. Weather warning for thunder storms and high winds. That's nothing but a recipe for fires. Keeping my fingers crossed that doesn't happen this year.

[MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION], enjoy your time off and get that 140 done! I have no doubt you will.

Hi to everyone else! House has slowed some as we juggle subcontractors. I expected this but still a little disappointed. Hubs and I are so ready to get out of this 5th wheel. Adjusting my sail!

I'll take another 24, please and thank you!

Comment

“Change is painful, but nothing is as painful as staying stuck somewhere you don’t belong.” ~ Mandy Hale

Another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

Good morning and excellent quote Jude!! Being stuck where you don’t belong is exhausting!!! Another 24 for me please and thanks!!!

Comment

5:55am in Alberta, I'll have another 24 please, and thanks...

Hot and humid this morning, under a severe thunderstorm warning...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                            [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=19596]Slo[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

Comment

Excellent quote, Jude! Nobody belongs stuck in the hell of addiction to alcohol or any other substance!

I'm glad you and Stetson are getting along so well together, Jude! I was wondering if you just keep him at a walk or if you sometimes cantor or run? I don't think I'd be brave enough to go at any speed but walking or maybe a trot.

It must be so hard to be patient, Ginger! Just go ODAAT, .

Glad you could get in to the dentist so fast, QW. A broken tooth is really irritating!

24 more please and thank you.
                              Last edited by dill; July 24, 2019, 07:26 AM.
                              Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

ADAAT! Thanks for the reminder, Dill. That's always been hard for me. Great quote, Jude!

Meetings at the jobsite this morning. Got to get going. I'll take another 24, please and thank you!

Comment

Working...
                                X