~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

72F and overcast, cold front moving through, rain on the way.
    Lots of work to be done around the house.
    got my miles in, 536 so far.
    24 more please

Comment

5:55am in Alberta, 24 more for me please, and thanks...

Sunny this morning, but rain on the way for this afternoon...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
      [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=19596]Slo[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
      Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
      Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
      Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Well done, Mr. V! Now, get to work!

What a great quote, Ginger! I'm beginning to wonder if you work at a recovery clinic. You come up with some really good ones!

24 more please and thank you.
        Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Today's quote reminded me of my AA days and even into my early online forum days [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION]. I looked around and saw people adding month after month of AF days and there I was slipping time after time and wondering what I was doing wrong, why couldn't I stay away from the booze like they could. And a fellow in AA and I had a quit date only a week apart, but he carried on and reached a year sober after I slipped at 7 months. I was so mad at myself and disgusted that booze still had control over me.

Seeing others reach milestones and birthdays can be a double-edged sword. On one hand it shows us that lasting sobriety can be had, on the other hand it puts pressure on us to be just like them. But the only pressure is the pressure we put on ourselves! I compare sobriety to a game of golf, you're not trying to beat anyone, you're just trying to do better than you did on your last round. Sobriety is definitely not a race, you're not trying to beat anyone to the finish line, you only set your sights on the finish line and keep moving towards it...

Your comment about Jesse heading to the scale when she went to the vet had me chuckling [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] lol. Hank does the exact same thing, as soon as he gets through the door he runs and puts his front feet up on the counter to say hello to the girls, then he heads straight to the scale to get weighed and get his treat for sitting still.
          Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
          Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
          Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

5:30 am in Vegas another 24 please
            I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
            Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

I love dogs! They are such awesome creatures. I'm thankful long ago they decided to trust us!

No racing here! Just plodding along ODAAT and enjoying the freedom!

Made it through the electrical inspection yesterday. Plumbing and HVAC inspections are today. If everything passes, insulation is scheduled to start tomorrow! Roofing metal starts today. It's hopping around the jobsite. I'm so proud of my son and grandson and thankful they made the time to build a house for their mom/gmom. <3

I'll take another 24, please and thank you!

Comment

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ &amp; another 24...

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

This time next week I should be in Melbourne. Looking forward to being there. It’s been 18 months since I’ve seen our son.

Sad day yesterday. Mrs QW’s brother in law passed away at age 66 from Lewy Body Dementia, a nasty disease that robbed him of his retirement. The last 4 years of his life were spent in a long term care facility.
                John was a heavy drinker especially in his 20’s when he would consume a case of 24 beer at a party. Even 10 years ago, his daily beer consumption varied from 3-12 bottles. I wonder how that impacted his health.

Today will include more organizing for my trip to Australia. I can’t decide if my big camera is coming or not. I hope to see Great Ocean Road (Google it, it’s amazing) and would love to have my Nikon to record the scenery.

Have a great af Tuesday everyone!

QW
                Last edited by Quit wining; July 30, 2019, 09:14 AM.
                AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Recovery is not a race. Statistics bear out that it takes most of us 7 years from the time we recognize that we have a problem until we finally get sober, and that’s how long it took me.

Thanks [MENTION=18725]NoSugar[/MENTION]! Weddings have been my big bug-a-boo AF challenge. Having a successfully sober one under my belt makes me feel much more confident about living AF, and to more confidently attend future weddings without dreading them.

My friend’s husband also died (last year, at age 76) of Lewy Body dementia, QW. He suffered with it for about 4 years also. I’m pretty sure that he was not a big drinker though. I am sorry for you & your family.

Your very big vacation abroad for your son’s wedding is almost here, [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION]. Lots to plan for sure. Tough call on your big camera: you will regret not having it along when you see a good shot, yet it is cumbersome to bring.

Your house seems to be going up quickly now, Ginger!

Asking for another 24 hours AF.
                  Last edited by Slo; August 1, 2019, 08:06 AM.
                  Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.

Comment

Wednesday Quote.....

I'll take another 24, please and thank you!

Comment

Loved the quote Ginger!

24 more please!

Comment

Good morning Cafe and Happy Wednesday. Another 24 for me please and thank you!

Comment

So sorry for your family's loss, QW. I had never heard of that disease before. I sounds awful.

Thanks for another good quote Ginger. You hit the nail on the head with that one. And thank you too Cowboy, for your thoughtful post. I always enjoy reading your perspective and thoughts.

24 more please and thank youl
                          Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

6:00am in Alberta, I'll have another 24 please, and thanks...

Cool, cloudy, and a bit foggy this morning. Was hoping to get 9 holes in this morning, we shall see...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                            [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=19596]Slo[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

Comment

67F partly sunny, cool. Should be nice the rest of the week.
                              Sorry about the loss, QW. Always hard to decide on carrying all that gear. Most times I just opt for a small camera I can carry in my pocket.
                              Gotta help young Mr V move today, ugh.
                              24 more please

Comment

I don't remember how long you're going to be down under [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION]? I'd have no idea how to pack for an extended trip let alone add a wedding to the mix!

You know, sometimes I get fed up with hearing how bad alcohol and cigarettes are for us. Don't drink or smoke because they cause this or that or the other thing. Or they contribute to this, that, or the other thing. If it's that bad, why aren't they illegal like many of the recreational drugs out there?? Surely the money saved in health care costs would offset the income governments receive through the taxes. Or if you have a disease or medical condition that was directly linked to drugs, booze, or smokes then you weren't eligible for health insurance benefits. I don't know what the answer is, but I know as a recovering alcoholic and a smoker that both are bad for me. If they were illegal, would I break the law to feed my addictions...I don't know...

Yep, we all make mistakes, and we all make bad choices, for many different reasons. Sometimes it isn't till after-the-fact that we realize that a choice turns out to be a mistake. Wouldn't life be great if every choice we made was the right one! Of course that's not realistic, so we have to hope that we're smart enough to learn from out bad choices....

Comment

Working...
                                X