X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Saturday quote...

Comment

5:45am in Alberta, I'll have 24 more please, and thanks...

It's 8C (46F), the streets are wet from the overnight rain but the harvest moon and stars are shining brightly in the clear sky!

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
      [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=19596]Slo[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=9757]NoraC[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
      Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
      Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
      Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

What?? Did the east coast slide into the ocean last night? I'm the first one in this morning! I'd better get the coffee on...

Thanks for the week of great quotes [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION]! We've got a new contributor starting tomorrow!

Looks to me like you and hubs are enjoying you mini-vacation [MENTION=9757]NoraC[/MENTION]! We all need a break every once in a while, so enjoy yours!

Not much happening on my front, no resuming harvest in the near future, but Bubba should be home today. She's been in Vegreville most of the week "supervising" the contractor that she hired to tear off the old deck and rebuilt a new one. Hank and I both will be glad to have her back home!
        Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
        Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
        Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

How is old Hank doing these days Cowboy? His soul sister Tessa, is doing pretty well but is definitely showing more and more gray lately.

Great quote for today Ginger! We live and learn and must keep moving forward. You've done a great job this week!

I'm glad you mentioned the full moon Rava. I made a special effort to go look at it in the wee hours of this morning. Gorgeous!

24 more please and thank you.
          Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Lots of wind out there this morning and no power when we woke up this morning. Thankful that we have a generator and I'm able to have my coffee this morning!

Great job on 200 days QW! Saving lots of money and your loved as well!

Happy Saturday all!

Asking for another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

6:10 am in Vegas another 24
              I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
              Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Happy weekend everyone! Sprinkling rain and thankful for it. Have the two grandsons today. It's going to be busy!

I'll take another 24, please and thank you!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Sadly we couldn’t see the harvest moon last night because of a thunderstorm that seemed to take forever to pass through.

My sister, her husband & Mrs QW don’t drink al so it’s been relatively easy this week to stay af. Off to cottage country shortly for the next few days. Parts of Ontario are beautiful but we haven’t seen anything that would make us want to move back. Besides, the grandkids would be too far away!

Have a great af Saturday everyone. Not sure what wifi will be like at the cottage so I may not be able to check in until Tuesday morning.

QW
                  AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                  F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

I think the quote was about giving ourselves and others a break, as this is how we learn.
                    Yup, I start quotes tomorrow.

Congratulations on going over 200 days, QW! Glad you’re having a relatively easy time of it, traveling with non-drinkers!
                    I do wonder if heavy drinking influenced the development of your BIL’s Lewy Body dementia; however, the handful of people I know of /knew of with dementia in this young-old age group are/were quite light drinkers.

Had a gorgeous bike ride on this beautiful day! There’s nothing quite like it for burning off stress and increasing endorphins. I will miss it when the cold weather comes, the way Jude will miss her porch. A stationary bike in the basement just isn’t the same thing.

I understand your nervousness about your upcoming travel abroad, Dill. Traveling isn’t totally my thing either, as I too like my home comforts.
                    My favorite part of Ireland was climbing Croagh Patrick! (Even though I could hardly do it with my deteriorating knee; but got pretty far up with shots beforehand and pain pills.) I recommend that on a nice day -and the entire west side of Ireland!
                    D3 & her husband just left yesterday for their honeymoon in Spain & Morocco.

Nora, glad you’re getting time away and some respite from caregiving! Good point that we can travel more “lightly” now.

I’m going to go out to watch a 13 y/o nephew play football tonight. That should be an easy one for another
                    24 more hours AF please!
                    Last edited by Slo; September 14, 2019, 04:08 PM.
                    Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.

Comment

Somehow I missed signing in yesterday? Time got away from me. Congrats on over 200 days QW! Hope everyone has a great Sunday. No drinking for me today. Another 24 please and thank you.

Comment

Sadly this trip will not include Ireland, [MENTION=19596]Slo[/MENTION]. We have signed up with a tour and will be seeing a smattering of England, Wales and Scotland. I have always wanted to visit Stonehenge and that is on the tour along with the Roman baths, Stratford on Avon (Shakespeare's home), a ride on the Eye in London, a day of sight-seeing in Edinburgh and many many other sights. We have never signed up for a "tour" before but we felt in this case it would be our best bet. I do wish we could take in Ireland as well, but perhaps another time.

Cowboy, I actually do have a MWO friend in Wales and we talked about meeting up but we couldn't make it happen due to various reasons. I met Sooty here early on and somewhere along the way she quit posting but she and I continued to stay in daily contact. I'm happy to say that she is 100% af and living a very happy and full life.

QW, be it ever so humble there's no place like home! I'm glad you and Mrs. Q are having a good visit. Did she get to see the friends she hoped to see? I know you were apprehensive before you left but your posts sound very positive so I take that as a good sign. Congrats on 200+ days!

24 more for me please and thank you.
                        Last edited by dill; September 15, 2019, 06:07 AM.
                        Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

5:45am in Alberta, 24 for me and everyone else who needs them please, and thanks...

6C (42F) with sunshine on the way!

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                          [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=19596]Slo[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Good Sunday morning from cottage country in Ontario. Ever nice to be here. Looking forward to spending a couple of days with my sister and brother in law before heading home.

The hot tub is calling me!!! Have a great af Sunday everyone!

QW
                            AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                            F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

I'll get the breakfast out then be back...

Comment

Thanks for the yummy breakfast Cowboy!

Happy sober Sunday all!

Another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

Working...
                                X