~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Good morning Cafe! Good luck on Friday Jude. Luckily it’s almost over! I’m sure thinking about it has caused some anxiety! Another 24 for me please !

Comment

6:00am in Alberta, I'll have another 24 please, and thanks...

A chilly 4C (38F) this morning, stars and moon are out in all their splendour!

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
      [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=19596]Slo[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
      Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
      Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
      Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Hope you got home safely [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION], at least I think you were headed home yesterday lol.

Well [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION], maybe it's time for a new or another recliner! Get one that's electric instead of the lever type...

When do you fly out [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION]?

Once again, not much news on my part. We finally finished up the 960 acres of peas yesterday! Got all the equipment moved back to the yard, took off the straight cut headers and put on the pick up headers, fueled the combines, and ready to start on barley today if it's ready. I talk a lot of "farmer talk" spring and fall, so if you don't understand any of it, just ask or Google lol.

I did see a bear yesterday while combining, but he got back into the bush before I could get a picture of him. No wonder my coyote friend was no where to be seen lol.
        Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
        Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
        Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

“I had taken things as far as I could take it, so I removed my drinking privilege.” -Brad Pitt

Another way of saying it and another way of looking at it -from Brad Pitt no less. This happens to even the most rich & famous among us who seem to have it all!

A little too much socializing for me yesterday, and couldn’t get any of my self-care practices in (like biking), and my dinner didn’t turn out great, like the vegetables burnt, timing was off so dinner served late etc. Ugh. Embarrassing. I wanted a way to numb.

Still going for another 24 hours today.
          Last edited by Slo; September 18, 2019, 08:01 AM.
          Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.

Comment

5:50 am in Vegas another 24 Jude I think Cowboy's idea is a good one and what I was thinking but might be kinda pricey,not much new here with me either but I always tell people "no news is good news" Slo,olive garden is awesome! I'm lucky that I only ever drink water with food so there's no struggles there,have a great day all!
            I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
            Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

66F and sunny, staying warm/hot all week.
              Got next week off, so booked a ticket to visit my mom on her birthday. 91 years, still going strong, both physically and mentally. She's in a vacation destination, St. Pete Beach, I'll suffer through, lol!
              Best of luck on the surgery, Jude.
              Lots of coyotes here, too!
              24 more please

Comment

Jude, I remember the handle thing now. I had to help hubby in and out of that recliner! Forgot about that but sure would be impossible to deal with without help! Ugh Hope you can find a workable solution.

Mr. V, have a great time visiting your mama. Coyotes here too. I cringe whenever I see one because of the cats. They don't last long around here unless they are indoor cats.

I love harvest time, ABC and hearing about your work. I especially enjoy the fruits of your labor!!

Still waiting for the ecology test so we can get the final inspection. Just a few finish items and we'll be done and ready to move in.

I'll take another 24, please and thank you!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

We did get home yesterday Cowboy but not as originally planned. What should have been a 90 minute drive to the airport took almost 2 1/2 hours and we missed the 45 minute cut off for the flight. WestJet was able to get us on a flight departing an hour later though. They were awesome!
                  For over 45 years Mrs QW has been the navigator (or as I say She’s been telling me where to go!) and I think she was the inspiration for GPS but her Parkinson’s has taken that away. The Result? We missed a critical turn in rush hour traffic for the airport which probably added 30 frustrating minutes to the drive. Oh well, we picked up Jessie and are now in our comfy home.

Today will be spent catching up on some chores.have a great af Wednesday everyone!

QW
                  AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                  F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Cowboy, we fly out on Sept. 26. I hope I'll be able to check in while we are away but I don't really know what to expect along those lines.

Hope everyone enjoys an af Wednesday.

24 more please and thank you.
                    Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

24 please - thank you

Dill - How exciting for you - you are going to the UK aren't you? Have a fabulous time.

QW - sorry about your drive. It is so frustrating being in rush hour traffic anyway and then to have missed a turn just makes it worse.

Ginger - how exciting about being so close to moving in! What's an ecology test?

Mr V - how sweet of you to 'suffer' with that vacation destination.

Pauly - I agree with you - no news is good news. LOL

Slo - sorry that your dinner didn't turn out as planned. Thanks for the quote - yes, I had to remove my drinking privileges too.

Cowboy - It's interesting hearing the 'farmer talk'. I have missed a lot so I'm trying to get caught up with everyone. Are you & Bubba going to be living half in one place and half in the other?
                      Are your bears getting ready to hibernate?

Rava - hope you had a happy day

Jude - sending you positive thoughts for this surgery.

Nothing new here. No news is good news. I am taking the week off and that has been nice. Just relaxing around the house. I did get my flu shot today. For some reason hubby & I both got big bumps at the injection site. Weird.
                      I guess that is all the excitement I have for now. :yay:
                      "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
                      AF - 7-27-15

Comment

5:50am in Alberta, 24 more for me please, and thanks...

5C (42F) with thick fog this morning...no combining for a few days as the barley is still too tough...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                        [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=19596]Slo[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=3268]Me[/MENTION] Vervill [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=9757]NoraC[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

Comment

Happy Thursday all! Sounds like everyone is doing OK at the cafe!

That's neat about seeing the bear cowboy! We don't see many around here, they are mostly just north of us in the Adirondack mountains, or south of us in the Catskills. Would love to see one nearby someday!

Another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

It's interesting to think of drinking as a privilege [MENTION=19596]Slo[/MENTION], one of the guys I met in AA referred to it as such and at one meeting we had a discussion about it. We all had different thoughts on the subject, but ended up agreeing that it was all in what you consider a privilege to be. Privilege or not, we know drinking isn't for us!

Hope the vacation is a good one [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION], tough place to be lol.

I probably don't remember you saying [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION], but is your surgery a day thing or a few nights hospital stay? At one time to see a bear around these parts was rare, but it's pretty common nowadays. We've now started seeing cougars in the area! Some say the forest fires pushed them down from up north, others say the DNR have relocated some to here to help with the deer overpopulation. Farmers are keeping a watchful eye for them though as about a month ago a farm wife watched a cougar take down a buffalo calf not very far from their barnyard!

The bears should be close to retiring for the winter [MENTION=9757]NoraC[/MENTION], they become ghosts by mid October. I don't know what we're going to do about the house in Vegreville, or our living arrangements. Right now neither house is up for sale and I'm not sure if and when that will change. At least the money we got from selling the in-law's car will help pay the expenses on their house and car insurance is one less payment to make. How is your mom and Savannah doing anyway?
                            Last edited by abcowboy; September 19, 2019, 07:14 AM.

Comment

65F and sunny, beautiful
                              Not much going on here, thankfully.
                              Gittin' my head right!
                              24 more please

Comment

5:52 am in Vegas another 24
                                I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                                Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Working...
                                X