~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

I’m not sure what I think about considering drinking a privilege either, Cowboy. I had never heard that before, but Brad Pitt was involved in AA for the past 1 and 1/2 years, so maybe he picked it up there too. In any event, it is interesting how many movie stars get caught up in this addiction also.

“It always seems impossible until it’s done.” -Nelson Mandela

Giving up the sauce feels impossible at the time we realize (with horror) that that is exactly what we need to do; but take it one day at a time, and it ends up being doable -and looking back, one of the best decisions we ever made!

Actually, come to think of it, I had access to an electric lift chair for my rotator cuff repair surgery -one we got secondhand for my dad that I had saved for my MIL. But as I am left-handed / had left shoulder done, probably could have actually reached the handle on a regular chair!
    Was told at surgery time that I absolutely had to have a round-the-clock caregiver for the first couple of days. Thankfully my sister came to stay with me.
    And now my shoulder works great! Wishing the same for you, Jude.

I went to the stadium for the professional baseball game last night, and I can finally handle being there AF! That place was too much of a trigger for me in the early months, but with time & distance, it is finally fine for me to be there.

Asking for 24 more hours AF!
    Last edited by Slo; September 19, 2019, 08:35 AM.
    Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.

Comment

[MENTION=9757]NoraC[/MENTION], I was wondering about your mom too. I haven't seen a FB post for awhile. Sure glad you and hubs got a "get away". I'm sure that was much needed! You asked about the ecology test. It's actually a blower door test that checks for air leakage. They suck all the air out of the house with this machine, then charge you $500 and make you run an air exchange fan on a timer 3x a day. It's all about being energy efficient and getting more $$. Not sure what happens if you fail the test. I guess we'll find out soon because it's scheduled for today! Keeping my fingers crossed!

Good quote and so true! I'll take another 24, please and thank you!
      Last edited by Ginger999; September 19, 2019, 08:34 AM.

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Happy International Speak Like a Pirate Day everyone! Yarrrrrrgh. A few years ago on Sept. 18th we were on holiday in Lincoln City, Oregon. I was in the Pirate Coffee Company and asked if they were ready for the next day. The clerk had no clue what I was talking about so I explained it to her. The next day I went back and was greeted by the same young lady, dressed in pirate attire. Yarrrrrgh, look who’s back, she said in a very good pirate voice.

Slo, I’m left handed too. Science has proven that the right side of the brain controls the left side of the body, the left side of the brain controls the right side of the body which means that left handed people are the only ones in their right mind!! Can’t argue with science!!!

Have a great af Thursday everyone. Cool and wet here this morning so Jessie’s walk will be delayed.

QW
        Last edited by Quit wining; September 19, 2019, 08:50 AM.
        AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
        F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Well, shiver me timbers, mateys!
          It'll be 24 more for me and all the shipmates here!

We'll be thinking of you tomorrow, Jude.:hug:
          Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Another 24 - thank you. Seems that I always check in at night instead of in the morning.

Just wanted to tell Jude that I'll be thinking of you. Sending lots of good thoughts & positive energy.
            "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
            AF - 7-27-15

Comment

QW - this is my pirate name

Harpoon Heather The Horrible
              (formerly known as Nora)
              Because you're a pirate through and through, you wear 'Arrrrgyle' socks, your favorite food is 'Arrrrrtichokes', and your favorite actress is 'Arrrrrrty Shaw'. Your favorite subject in school was 'Arrrrrrrrt', and if you had to pick another job, it would be an 'Arrrrrrchitect'.
              AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Thanks for asking about Mom. Not much new on that front. Physically she is still relatively healthy considering she's almost 92. It's just so sad watching the mental decline.
                AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Hmmmm, seems to be a few threads I can't access this morning, including this one...going to try this approach....

5:50am in Alberta, another 24 please, and thanks...

7C (44F) this morning, cloudy with showers in the forecast for today...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                  [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=19596]Slo[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=9757]NoraC[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
                  Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                  Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                  Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Seems like I got my check-in post to work so I'll do this again...

Good luck today [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION], my thoughts and prayers will be with you all day. Check in when you are able and comfortable enough and let us know how things went.

Count me in on the left-handers list! They say that everyone is born right-handed but a small percentage of the people overcome that handicap lol. And we won't even start on the problems being left-handed caused me going to a Catholic elementary school with mostly Nuns as teachers!

Don't think it matters when you check-in [MENTION=9757]NoraC[/MENTION], 24 hours is still 24 hours lol.

I think that quote about sums it up for all alcoholics or addicts of any kind [MENTION=19596]Slo[/MENTION], especially in my case!
                    Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                    Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                    Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Thinking of you, Jude!

Nora, your mom is 92! Is she still living with you?

House passed the test with flying colors! Now to schedule final inspection and hopefully get the occupancy certificate by next Friday for a weekend move in!!! Not holding my breath because this stage can have snags but getting so close!

Glad to be AF and asking for another 24!

Comment

I don't see any new posts so I'm not sure what's going on! I'll just ask for another 24 and check back later. Happy AF weekend everyone!

Comment

Test

Comment

People are checking in on the Paulyville thread for those looking for the gang and can get in here!
                            Last edited by Ginger999; September 21, 2019, 09:45 AM.

Comment

Yay! We're back up and running!:applouse:
                              Last edited by dill; September 21, 2019, 05:48 PM.
                              Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Nice to see the cafe up and running again.

Nora C aka HHtH, a big yarrrrrgh to ya matey!

A busy day today and a first for me - I baked bread. It turned out well both in appearance and taste.

Hope everyone enjoys the remainder of their Saturday af.

QW
                                AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                                F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Working...
                                X