~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Another 24 please and thank you! Short posts for awhile I guess!

Comment

Love Melody Beattie. I read her book, "Language of Letting Go" many years ago and it gave me so much hope and ultimately strength to leave a toxic relationship. Havent thought of that in years!

Getting three gkids shortly for late start day. Better get some coffee in me! I'll take another 24, please and thank you!

Comment

[MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION]!...um, yeah -I hung a teabag string out of my mug of beer a couple of times too!

[MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION]: yes, I did try to fill empty regular cans of soda with beer or wine. But it was a messy affair to try to pour it through the little hole, so not very effective!

Requesting another 24 AF hours.
        Last edited by Slo; September 23, 2019, 07:33 AM.
        Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.

Comment

5:41am in Vegas another 24
          I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
          Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Fall has arrived. It was chilly when we walked this morning but the sun is shining.

Off to photograph fall colours and geese this morning.

Have a great af Monday everyone.

QW
            AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
            F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Fall has started but it is still feeling like summer!

We started packing today. It's not something I'm particularly good at I am finding! LOL But we'll get it done. I'm starting to get excited!

24 more please and thank you.
              Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Good morning Cafe. Hope everyone has a great day. Another 24 for me please and thanks.

Comment

“You cannot grow unless you are willing to change.” - Leon Brown

6:00am in Alberta, 24 more for me please, and thanks...

7C (46F) this morning, clear skies but wet out...going to be another late start on harvesting today...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                  [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=19596]Slo[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
                  Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                  Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                  Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

We have had rain here too all weekend; sat through that outdoor wedding by a pond in the rain. Thankfully I brought my umbrella and raincoat.
                      That family sure puts an emphasis on alcohol and the importance of inebriation. I kinda would’ve rather been at the other wedding we were invited to that day: an elegant, understated indoor affair, where alcohol was present, but not inflated in its importance.

A couple people asked me how I lost so much weight. They seemed genuinely interested, so I mentioned to both that I had stopped drinking, since it was a major reason for my weight loss. The one lady’s face fell, and she said, “Oh, so you have stopped living.” The guy was all ears until I mentioned that, then he visibly shuddered & shook. They both lost all interest at that point. Oh well -it’s my truth.

And I am going for another 24 booze-free hours!
                      Last edited by Slo; September 24, 2019, 07:41 AM.
                      Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.

Comment

5:51 am in Vegas another 24 Slo those people's reactions to your answers piss me off! One of the wedding invites my daughter had gotten included a few small gifts and one was a "hangover kit" I'm tired of the over promotion of booze! It's all really dumb to me Jude hope you're not having too much pain? Dill I had a hard enough time packing for a weekend trip to California which is only a few hours drive away,I can't imagine packing for England! Good luck haha
                        I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                        Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

74, warm and sunny here in Florida, as you might expect. Funny, it actually felt cooler here yesterday, compared to what I left.
                          Also funny is people's reaction when you tell them you don't drink. Yup, I got two heads.
                          24 more please

Comment

I'm happy to be a member of the "two head" club, Mr V.

I'll take another 24, please and thank you!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Slo, how sad those people thought you’d stopped living! Weight loss is only one of the many benefits of giving up al. Hopefully one day they’ll come to the realization that being al free is much better.

My sister gave up al years ago because it made her sick. Our older brother and many of his family are, as she describes them (she’s a dr and knows this) “functioning alcoholics”. She’s had a frank and blunt discussion with them and (big surprise) they don’t think they have a problem. I pointed out a few years ago when we visited my nephew, wife and baby that maybe having a pitcher of margaritas half gone by 11am wasn’t a good thing for a nursing mother, also a doctor. Alcoholism is a nasty disease as we know.
                              I’ve avoided visiting them mainly because I don’t want to be around booze. They haven’t visited us either, I suspect because they know we don’t have any booze in the house!

When I was doing wedding photography I saw people at their best and at their worst. Usually alcohol was involved in the worst behaviour.

Sunny but cool here today. At least it’s dry so farmers can continue with harvesting.

Have a great af Tuesday everyone.

QW
                              AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                              F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

It sounds like al had its hooks in deep with that couple you described, Ginger! And with your family QW. It's amazing how people lose the basic comprehension of their own relationship with al. I was like that once upon a time.....

Change and growth go hand in hand, that's for sure Cowboy. But once change has been made and a person is on the right path, I think growth simply continues. Thanks for the good quotes this week.

24 more please and thank you.
                                Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Working...
                                X