Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Such a true quote, QW.

ABC, you sure are going through a lot of changes. Such a great thing to be doing it sober. I'm sure Baba is thankful she has your sober support.

All moved in, 5th wheel is here and hooked up. Garage still needs some sorting but we are mostly done. Now to enjoy a few weeks before we head south. I thought it would be hard to leave the new digs but this cold snap has reminded me that I don't like the cold so we'll be ready to migrate by Nov 1.

I'll take another 24, please and thank you!

Comment

6:11 am in Vegas another 24
      I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
      Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

You’d think that with all the moving we’ve done that we’d have little need to downsize Ginger but sadly we still have too much stuff. Before we moved here 6 1/2 years ago, I loaded up my truck 5 times with things that went to Value Village plus we had a bunch of stuff go to the dump. Yet here we are again, getting rid of stuff that we don’t use or need any longer.

Interesting comments on the quote about happiness. Happiness is different for everybody. These days, what makes me happy is when Mrs QW has a good day, when my granddaughter says “ I sure love you Granddad “, when my 4 legged buddy and I go on an adventure, when I drive by the liquor store and not think about stopping.

It’s supposed to warm up over the next few days meaning the snow will disappear. Yay! Guess that makes me happy too. It’s hard to imagine temps in the 90’s Mr V when we’re getting snow.

I hope everyone enjoys Tuesday af free!

QW
        AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
        F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Another 24 hours please and thank you.

QW - I loved that quote. On 300 days AF I got a tattoo Be Happy and that is what it means to me.........find the positive, look for the joy, love, let it go, be happy.

Sorry that I haven't been checking in regularly. I'll try to do better with that.
          "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
          AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Don't compare your life to others and don’t judge them. You have no idea what their journey is all about

I think it’s easy when we escape the fog caused by alcohol to look at others who are still under the influence to feel somewhat superior to them because we quit. And we shouldn’t because as we know, relapse can and does happen. I find that I need to concentrate on me, one day at a time. We all had our reasons for drinking and we all had our reasons for giving it up. In time maybe those who drink will choose to quit, for their reasons.

Have a great af Wednesday everyone.

QW
            Last edited by Quit wining; October 1, 2019, 10:36 PM.

24/7/365

Comment

Thanks for the quote QW. I never take this sobriety for granted. I am always one drink away from falling down the rabbit hole. Getting back out of it this last time was painful and horrible. Never want to fall down again. I keep my guard up! Hope everyone has a great day! ANother 24 for me please and thanks.

Comment

Thanks for the quote QW! We never really know what someone is going through until we walk in their shoes.

I went to the barn last night to visit Homer and catch up with friends. Very therapeutic, and way better than sitting at home sucking down wine!

Another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

5:55am in Alberta, I'll have another 24 please, and thanks...

-2C (29F) and cloudy, but no rain or snow in the forecast...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                  [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=19596]Slo[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=9757]NoraC[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
                  Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                  Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                  Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

5:41 am in Vegas another 24
                    I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                    Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

70F and sunny. Record high 95 yesterday. Records all week, and last week, too. More to come.
                      Just read that Metallica's front man James Hetfield returned to rehab, after 15 + years sober. Man, that always scares me, what makes someone return to the AL after all that time.
                      Daily self care as the G-man says.
                      Check in.
                      24 more please.

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Rava, how true that we’re only one drink away from falling down that rabbit hole again. And when you see long time abstainers relapse, that’s scary. I quit smoking 36 years ago but still consider myself a smoker because I feel that if I had a cigarette right now, I’d rush to the store and buy a carton. That fear is what keeps me from smoking.

There’s a federal election underway in Canada and I have some advocating to do with candidates in our riding on behalf of Parkinson Canada. Best be getting to it.

Have a great af Wednesday everyone!

QW

24/7/365

Comment

That is so very true about not knowing someone else's journey. A good reminder.

Counting my blessings and watching the sun come up. I'll take another 24, please and thank you!

Comment

Stop thinking too much. It’s alright not to know the answers. They will come to you when you least expect it.

Did we as alcoholics think too much? Or worry too much? I’m not sure, speaking for myself. What I do know is that I much prefer being sober!

Have a great af Thursday everyone.

QW

24/7/365

Comment

Good morning. QW I don’t think I ever thought too much. I just did it. Not much thinking involved. I’m like you with the cigarettes, knowing that smoking one would lead to a pack. I still love the smell of them and would probably go right back if I let myself. Starting to drink again would only be one simple decision for me before I would start all over again. I proved that on 2 previous quits. I have to learn from my mistakes and realize how quickly a bad decision can spiral out of control! Thankful for my sobriety at this point in my life. Another 24 for me please and thanks.

Comment

I drank so that I wouldn't have to think, and I was really good at it! I quit smoking about 6 weeks ago, and I know from past experience that if I even had one cigarette, I would be right back where I started.

Another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

Working...
                                X