No announcement yet.

~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

5:50am in Alberta, 24 more for me please, and thanks...

Lots of frost on the pumpkins this morning at -4C (26F)!

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
    [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
    Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
    Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
    Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Nice to hear you're getting out a bit [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION], and huge congrats on giving up the cigs!

I'm also one whose thoughts were consumed with drinking, now I don't think of drinking near as much anymore. When I do think about it, this comes to mind; "if only one, why not none!" No rabbit hole for me!!
      Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
      Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
      Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

My thoughts weren’t about drinking, but just thinking-thinking-thinking, and drinking would blissfully slow that down and to some extent shut off all that mental noise.

Yup, even if we’re not active addicts, we’ll fall right back into it if, even after 15 years like Metallica’s front man, we decide that we must be cured and so pick it up again. A cautionary tale indeed.

Jude, you rather quietly quit smoking! Well done on six weeks!! Nice that you could tap into the healing power of animal friends, nature, and barn friends.

It’s interesting that records are being set for intense heat at the same time that extremely early snowfalls are occurring in our areas. We’re back to cool temps and rainy here in Wisconsin.

So what’s harder, Rava: your week at work, or your weekend with toddlers?!

Requesting another 24 hours of sobriety.
        Last edited by Slo; October 3, 2019, 04:40 PM.
        Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.

Comment

5:50 am in Vegas another 24
          I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
          Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

I'm with you, Slo. My mind never turns off. That's why I sleep poorly. I'd drink to stop that craziness. And for awhile it worked until it didn't! I noticed when I had my relapse that my brain didn't slow down like it use to and was hoping for. Just felt a boat load of guilt and disappointment in myself. Certainly not the way I want to live in my "golden years".

That's why I'll take another 24, please and thank you!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

It’s frosty here this morning too Cowboy. The sun is shining and hopefully more snow will melt through the day.

Our Parkinson support group meets this afternoon, looking forward to a good turnout and an informative session.

Have a great af Thursday everyone!

QW
              AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
              F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Smile! You don’t own all the problems in the world!

Attitude, outlook, how we show up, all play a role in how we act, feel, and treat situations. Given the choice of dealing with a smiling person or a person who isn’t smiling, who would you rather interact with? And being greeted by a smiling face makes you feel like smiling too, right?

Have a great af Friday everyone!

QW

24/7/365

Comment

Temps in the 40's and rainy....no porch this morning!

Going to a draft horse sale this morning. Not looking to buy, I just love the atmosphere and the unique mix of people from all walks of life. Love seeing the old farmers, Mennonites and the Amish. I almost feel as though I've taken a step back in time. Grateful to be in hung this morning!

Another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

5:40am in Alberta, another 24 for me please, and thanks...

1C (34F) this morning so I don't have to go out and thaw the waterline to the camper!!

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                    [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=19596]Slo[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

Comment

6:01 am in Vegas another 24
                      I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                      Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

You’re finally above freezing, Cowboy! I’m not ready for that kind of cold yet.

I know what you mean, Jude. It can be so relaxing to be in a “land that time forgot” rural area. I’m glad that you thought of a way to get out & about that feels healing to your soul.

Daughter is off of school today, so school conferences, a medical appointment for her, and Homecoming parade.

Requesting 24 more AF!
                        Last edited by Slo; October 4, 2019, 10:31 PM.
                        Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.

Comment

Another good one, QW. Getting the gkids on the bus this morning so better get going! So thankful to be doing this unhung too!

I'll take another 24, please and thank you!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Hope the quote brought a smile to everyone’s face this morning!

We had an informative Parkinson meeting yesterday. We have some local experts lined up to present on fall prevention and medications, both major topics of interest. Look forward to that. Also learned yesterday from another care partner that they too often feel like they’re walking on eggshells.

Have a great af Friday everyone.

QW

24/7/365

Comment

The butterfly does not look back at the caterpillar in shame, just as you should not look back at your past in shame. Your past was part of your own transformation. Anthony Gucciardi

Everything you want is on the other side of fear.

Two quotes to start Saturday. Hope everyone enjoys it af!

QW

24/7/365

Comment

35° with sun in the forecast today.

Thanks for the great quotes this week QW!

Another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

Working...
                                X