• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

5:46 am in Vegas another 24
    I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
    Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

This was posted on Facebook by Scottish lass. She used to post here a few years back. It's long but worth reading. True friends... they are priceless.

OCTOBER 10TH 2019 - WORLD MENTAL HEALTH DAY.

I’m always astounded by how much A A Milne (born in 1882 remember), totally had his finger on the pulse...

It occurred to Pooh and Piglet that they hadn't heard from Eeyore for several days, so they put on their hats and coats and trotted across the Hundred Acre Wood to Eeyore's stick house. Inside the house was Eeyore.

"Hello Eeyore," said Pooh.

"Hello Pooh. Hello Piglet," said Eeyore, in a Glum Sounding Voice.

"We just thought we'd check in on you," said Piglet, "because we hadn't heard from you, and so we wanted to know if you were okay."

Eeyore was silent for a moment. "Am I okay?" he asked, eventually. "Well, I don't know, to be honest. Are any of us really okay? That's what I ask myself. All I can tell you, Pooh and Piglet, is that right now I feel really rather Sad, and Alone, and Not Much Fun To Be Around At All. Which is why I haven't bothered you. Because you wouldn't want to waste your time hanging out with someone who is Sad, and Alone, and Not Much Fun To Be Around At All, would you now?”

Pooh looked at Piglet, and Piglet looked at Pooh, and they both sat down, one on either side of Eeyore in his stick house.

Eeyore looked at them in surprise. "What are you doing?"

"We're sitting here with you," said Pooh, "because we are your friends. And true friends don't care if someone is feeling Sad, or Alone, or Not Much Fun To Be Around At All. True friends are there for you anyway. And so here we are."

"Oh," said Eeyore. "Oh." And the three of them sat there in silence, and while Pooh and Piglet said nothing at all; somehow, almost imperceptibly, Eeyore started to feel a very tiny little bit better.

Because Pooh and Piglet were There.

No more; no less.

(A.A. Milne, E.H. Shepard)

I'll take another 24, please and thank you!

Comment

Good morning. Another 24 for me please and thanks!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Thanks for the Eeyore story Ginger. Mrs QW’s siblings rarely initiate contact with her, even if just to ask how she’s doing. She’s great to keep in touch with them but still they seldom ask about how she’s feeling. I’ve offered to have a discussion with them, frank & blunt if necessary, but haven’t yet as Mrs QW says it doesn’t really matter to her. I know it does matter to her. Parkinson’s patients have lots of ups and downs and sometimes a phone call to say hi would be appreciated.
          My siblings regularly keep in touch with both of us for which I am grateful.

Seniors discounts! I love them!! Our drug store has Senior’s Day every Thursday with 20% discounts on regularly priced goods. I refer to it as Old Farts Day.

Speaking of Old Farts Day, it’s Thursday, best be starting a list!

Have a great af Thursday everyone!

QW
          AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
          F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

“It's hard to walk a straight line when you have nothing to hold onto”
            ― Blake Mays

Another sober day please and thank you very much!

Comment

5:55am in Alberta, 24 more please, and thanks...

-8C (18F) this morning, warming up in the next couple of days...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
              [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=19596]Slo[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
              Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
              Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
              Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Quite the quote this morning [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION], it actually made me chuckle as the first thing I thought of was being drunk! But the opposite is true as well, getting and staying sober isn't easy either without any support. So thank y'all for being here for me, and for each other!
                Last edited by abcowboy; October 11, 2019, 06:57 AM.
                Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

5:56 am in Vegas another 24
                  I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                  Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Yes, thanks for all the support! Heading out on a sister trip for 5 days. One last one before we head out. Lots of good food and shopping this trip. Love my sister time.

I'll take another 24, please and thank you!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Ginger, have fun with your sisters! Hope you have a great time.

I’m voting at the one of the advance polls in our federal election today and hope one of the candidates on the ballot is “none of the above”.

Mrs QW had a tough day yesterday and today is looking like it will be the same. Hopefully we hear from her neurologist soon.

QW
                      AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                      F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Good morning Cafe. QW I’m wondering if your wife’s family, doesn't call because they don’t know what to see or it makes them feel uncomfortable. I say this because my late husbands family stayed away when they heard he had cancer. I did actually send a group e mail to inform them that he would love to hear from them and don’t be strangers. It worked because they started making contact. I’m sure your wife would love to hear from her family but she is being stoic by saying it doesn't bother her. Sometime taking matters into your own hands can be helpful. Just a thought. Hope everyone has a great day. Another 24 for me please.

Comment

The grandkids are off school today so they are coming for a 2 night stay. I'm looking forward to it because it's been 3 weeks!

I loved today's quote Jude. We all need something to hold on to, that's for sure!

24 more please and thank you.
                          Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

“In any given moment we have two options: to step forward into growth or step back into safety.”

Abraham Maslow

Change can be terrifying, but it sure is worth it!

Happy Saturday all!

Another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

Up early this morning and making muffins. I don't usually make such a treat but I have the grandkids as an excuse! lol I made double chocolate for the kids and lemon poppy for the grownups. Good old Martha White muffin mixs!

We had a heavy frost last night. Mr. D is panicked about our cucumber plant and our cabbages. He rushed out to spray them down with water hoping that it will save them. I thought cabbages were frost hardy but I don't know because this is the first time we have grown them in the fall. Cucumbers are not tho!

[MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] that was another really good quote. You've done a really good job this week! Thank you. I wonder if these quotes sometimes apply to your physical recovery from the surgery. I can imagine it is not easy. And like recovering from al, you have to keep moving forward, even though it is painful. I know you can do it tho! You're a trooper!

Hey [MENTION=19596]Slo[/MENTION], thanks for the reminder about $5.00 Tuesdays. Our theatre used to do that too and I wonder if they may still. I'm going to call and find out! They also used to have $5 morning matinees. We went to the matinee on Thursday just because that was the only day we could all get together.

24 more please and thank you.
                              Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

6:05am in Alberta, I'll have 24 more please, and thanks...

-6C (22F) this morning, another day that we won't get to start combining till mid-morning because of the frost...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                                [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

Comment

Working...
                                X