Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

A beautiful fall day here and to be even nicer tomorrow. I think Jessie will be happy to go for a long walk in the sunshine.

It’s awful early in the season to have a nasty cold Cowboy. Hope you get over it soon. Be careful operating machinery if you take any meds!

I’m looking forward to a 5 day trip to Radium Hot Springs next week for some R&R. The scenery is always beautiful no matter what time of year. Plus soaking in the hot springs is always so nice.

Have a great af Tuesday everyone!

QW
    AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
    F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

It's been a great trip. Heading home today. I'll take another 24, please and thank you!

Comment

I’m with you on that, Dill: two mornings in a row of getting up at 4:30a would be too much for me I’m afraid.

You’re keeping up with us just fine, Cowboy. What a terrible cold that you are suffering with.

Radium Hot Springs -now that sounds like my kind of vacation, QW! And Ginger’s vacay was good, and hopefully Rava’s was too in AZ.

Sliding into home base here for another 24 hours!
        Last edited by Slo; October 15, 2019, 05:19 PM.
        Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.

Comment

Everything can be taken from a man but one thing: the last of human freedoms - to choose one's attitude in any given set of circumstances, to choose one's own way.
          ~Viktor E. Frankl

I'm still working on attitude adjustment here! I wonder if Fall is playing into this mix? It's so easy to fall into melancholy during this season when Nature is closing up shop for the winter and the light is receding. I'll be actively looking for the bright side in things today. And wishing Cowboy and Slo feel better and Jude continues to heal. Say, [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION], have you been to visit your buddy Stetson? QW, I hope Mrs. Q is holding her own these days. I think of her frequently when I see commercials on tv for Parkinson's medications. Has she tried any bread recipes?

24 more please and thank you.
          Last edited by dill; October 16, 2019, 04:47 AM.
          Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Good morning Cafe. Hope you feel better Cowboy. Colds suck no matter what time of the year they sneak up on us. Ginger, welcome back home! Slo, my vacation in AZ was awesome. Thanks for remembering! QW, hot springs sound so nice and peaceful. Hope you are doing well Jude. Supposed to be windy and rainy today. Long day ahead at work. Hope everyone has a great one. Another 24 for me please and thank you.

Comment

45F and raining, needed the rain. Cold front moving through.
              It would be a good night for smoked mushroom soup!
              A good long bike ride Monday, 65 miles, 103K!
              Spent the day off fixing things around the house.
              Dill today's quote brought to mind the movie Papillon.
              24 more here please.

Comment

Thanks for today's quote [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION]! I too get down this time of year, mostly after the leaves have fallen off of the trees. Everything turns brown and the cold rainy days begin. I'm actually grateful when we get our first snowfall. It transforms the landscape into something totally new and refreshing! I do go and see Homer anytime that I can con Mr. J into driving me there.

Hope that you are feeling better cowboy! :sendflowers:

Another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

6:05am in Alberta, I'll have another 24 please, and thanks...

-1C (30F) with wet streets this morning... at least they aren't white!

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                  [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=19596]Slo[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
                  Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                  Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                  Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Thanks for the well-wishes everyone, I think this cold is finally starting to break..at least the coughing isn't as bad this morning. It's like your quote this morning [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION], I should be grateful that it's just a cold, [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] is having a much longer recovery time! I can't imagine being in a sling for that long, and that's just the beginning of her getting back to normal!
                    Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                    Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                    Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Great quote Dill. How true that our attitude impacts so much of what happens to us.

Glad you’re on the mend Cowboy. And Jude, I think you’re handling your recovery from surgery very well!

Mrs QW hasn’t tried the bread machine yet but she likes the bread it bakes. I recently mentioned to a friend of mine who bakes bread that I bought a bread maker. Last evening she emailed what has to be over 200 recipes for baking bread! And a reminder that I’ll have to adjust the recipes to our elevation of 3,200 feet above sea level since they’re written for baking at sea level. She’s going to give me some of her sourdough starter, can’t wait! I always dreamed of owning a bakery but think I’m too old to start now.

Have a great af Wednesday everyone!

QW
                      AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                      F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Great quote and one I needed this morning. The weather change affects me too. That's one of the reasons we head south. We are fortunate we can get away in the winter. After next week, we will begin looking for a clear weather opening to start making our way south. I thought leaving the new house would be harder but when this gray weather starts to settle in, my snowbirds wings start flapping!

I'll take another 24, please and thank you!

Comment

Your never too old to start a bakery [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION]! You could send me samples! :smile:

Glad that you're feeling a little better cowboy. I hate being sick!

Another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

Giving up smoking is the easiest thing in the world.
                            I know because I've done it thousands of times.

~Mark Twain

I loved this quote even though I've never been a smoker. I know some here have so would enjoy this one. Probably have heard it before though. Having been a drinker I'm quite sure we could substitute the word drinking for smoking and the quote would be equally true! Hey! Practice makes perfect!

Can I get on the shipping list for "QWB Goods"? That's QW Baked Goods :happy2:

[MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] I've been trying to get up before you this week but you beat me to it today!

Have a great af day everyone. 24 hours please and thank you.
                            Last edited by dill; October 17, 2019, 04:45 AM.
                            Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Good morning. QW baking as a new hobby is great! Its never too late to start something you love. Ginger, thanks for the snowbird flapping your wings statement. I am going to be doing that after Christmas. Looking forward to that. Cowboy, glad your cold is breaking. Hope everyone has an awesome day. ANother 24 for me please and thanks.

Comment

45F with sun supposedly coming.
                                Work the rest of the week.
                                24 more please

Comment

Working...
                                X