No announcement yet.

~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

5:40am in Alberta, 24 more please, and thanks...

3C (38F) this morning. Clear skies and we're headed back into the field today!

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
    [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
    Last edited by abcowboy; October 17, 2019, 06:42 AM.
    Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
    Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
    Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Boy, I need an attitude adjustment, and soon! Went over to Vegreville yesterday to check on the contractors, they were finishing up the fence, the last thing on their list; new deck, level and sod the garden area, and new fence. While I was there, I moved furniture from the spare bedroom into the master bedroom to make things easier for Bubba when she stays there. Hank doesn't like sleeping in the spare bedroom because it's too small, and he always sleeps at the foot of the bed. Bubba didn't seem to appreciative of my efforts when she got there yesterday (I was already back home in Vermilion by then), and I think because moving that furniture in there told her that I wasn't interested in moving our furniture in there.

Today we have to take the FIL in for his dementia check up. Tonight in Morinville at the AA meeting they are having a birthday cake and open meeting for my Uncle's 55th sober birthday and we were invited. There won't be time to be able to do both things, so I talked with my Uncle and told him why we couldn't make it and congratulated him on his 55 years!
      Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
      Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
      Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

That is one long bike ride, Mr. V! I couldn’t do it, but do know of men who routinely do those 60-mile rides. That was a good ride for you to end the season with!

Son-the-chef gets his food talents from Dad it seems, QW! That was wise of your friend to factor in the elevation, so you can have success with all those new bread recipes.

Practice does make perfect, Dill. Your quote for today made me remember that it often takes 7 years from the time one realizes that they are having problems with alcohol until the final quit.

At least you have insight into why Bubba doesn’t appreciate your efforts, Cowboy. That must feel bad after you exerted yourself on their behalf. I guess just reassure her it’s for her & Hank’s immediate comfort.

55 years sober?! That’s my whole life, as I’m 55 years old! What an amazing achievement for your uncle. Caregiving surely does take our time though, and there’s no way to be two places at once.

I have my knee appointment today, yay! Requesting another 24 hours AF.
        Last edited by Slo; October 17, 2019, 07:43 AM.
        Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.

Comment

That quote gave me a chuckle, Dill. Sad but true but funny none the less.

ABC, thinking of you and the family. Hope you're feeling better today.

Hope everyone has an easy day. I'll take another 24, please and thank you!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Thanks for all the comments about QWBakery and bread baking! I’d love to share, photos maybe.

My son in Melbourne sent some photos from the Great Coast Road. Now I know I’m definitely going back to Australia. What amazing scenery.

I’m looking forward to seeing my chiropractor for a much needed adjustment this morning.

Slo, hope your appointment goes well.

Cowboy, huge congrats to your uncle on 55 years of sobriety!
            Sorry you’re furniture moving efforts weren’t appreciated. I think it speaks volumes about the person you are when you miss your uncle’s milestone celebration to support Bubba and your fil.
            I seem not to be able to do anything right these days whether it’s grocery shopping, cooking, loading the dishwasher, laundry, vacuuming, doesn’t seem to matter but I know it’s either the Parkinson’s or side effects of the meds that’s the cause. Still it’s frustrating.

Anyway, I hope everyone has a great Thursday, af of course.

QW
            AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
            F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

I can certainly relate to yesterday's quote [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION]! I can't tell you how many times I've quit both the booze and the smokes. I'm happy to report report that today is 8 weeks as a non smoker, and I feel pretty good about that! I think that this quit is really going to stick. It's very much like quitting drinking, one cigarette will lead me down that same rabbit hole.

Your a good man [MENTION=21602]abcowboy[/MENTION] for making sacrifices for Bubba and her parents. Same goes to you [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION]. I guess that's why the saying "for better or worse" is included in the wedding vows.

Rava and Ginger......wish I could be a snowbird like you two. Maybe someday! :radiate:

Another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

I got sober. I stopped killing myself with alcohol. I began to think: 'Wait a minute - if I can stop doing this, what are the possibilities?' And slowly it dawned on me that it was maybe worth the risk.
                ~Craig Ferguson

Congrats on 8 weeks, [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION]! Well done!

24 more please and thank you.
                Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

6:00am in Alberta, another 24 please, and thanks...

-2C (29F) with the stars shining brightly, maybe today it's back to the fields...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                  [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=19596]Slo[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

Comment

Way to go [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] on 8 weeks without the smokes!

I may encounter a few bad days [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION], but it sounds like you're going through tougher times than me. It really is for better or worse isn't it!

Loved your quote this morning [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION], conquering anything that gives us problems should show us that if we can do it, the sky is the only limit!

Hope your appointment went well [MENTION=19596]Slo[/MENTION]!

Comment

5:57 am in Vegas another 24
                      I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                      Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

It's a gkid morning! Got to get going. I'll take another 24, please and thank you!

Comment

Big congratulations from me too, Jude, on your eight weeks of dumping the cigarettes. You have a fantastic start there for finally living smoke-free and nicotine-free!

I have to have knee replacement revision surgery. Damn...but at least there’s a solution. I’ll schedule it as soon as possible to get out of this pain.

[MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION], I’m walking on eggshells if I try to help SIL with dementia with managing her affairs or her house, so I have shrunk away from that and just provide the companion care. It’s not my sister, it’s HB’s.

My sister’s landlord called yesterday and has had enough of her driving drunk and ruining his property. He found her sleeping in her car outside the building the other morning with her car running and the lights on, with open intoxicants in the vehicle. I just don’t know what to do anymore.

The neighbors have invited us over for dinner tonight. so I’ll be at a drinking event today. HB wants to bring a bottle of wine; I said just don’t bring the one they gifted to me last month for watching their dog.

I need 24 hours AF today!
                          Last edited by Slo; October 18, 2019, 08:33 AM.
                          Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Jude, congrats on 8 weeks smoke free. That’s awesome.

One thing I’ve learned over the past few years of living with Parkinson’s is to really appreciate the good days.

Have a great af Friday everyone!

QW

24/7/365

Comment

Slo, just read your post.

I’ve heard nothing but positive things from people who have had knee replacements done. Most have said they wish they’d had it done sooner.

Walking on eggshells sucks doesn’t it. There’s only so much you can do and if your help isn’t wanted, then providing companion care is still a huge support. Hopefully others will step up to assist with managing her affairs.

Too bad your sister is causing lots of stress too. That’s scary. Are there support agencies in your state that can intervene? It sounds like needs help before she hurts herself or others.
                              I was the bad guy who stopped Mrs QW from driving for 5 months when she was first diagnosed with Parkinson’s. And I heard about it even though I or her friends drove her everywhere she wanted to go. Recently I was reminded of this, over 3 years later. I simply asked her how she’d feel if her Parkinson’s was responsible for an accident that resulted in innocent people being killed.

Hope dinner at the neighbours goes well!

QW

24/7/365

Comment

[MENTION=19596]Slo[/MENTION], this cracked me up!:
                                I said just don’t bring the one they gifted to me last month for watching their dog.
                                I shove wine gifts onto the top shelf of my pantry for serving others and I know I would lose track of what came from who!! I never give wine as a gift now (obviously) but instead get the high-end olive oils and balsamic vinegars that are in those cool shops. People seem to like those as much or more than a bottle of wine. I'm glad you have a solution to the knee pain you've been in. I hope the operation goes smoothly and you recover quickly. And I'm sorry to hear your sister isn't doing well anymore. It must be tough to watch.

Are you back to knitting [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION]? I'm thoroughly addicted to it. It is so nice to have an addiction that doesn't flood me with guilt and embarrassment. And when I buy expensive yarn, I always think, at least it isn't wine!!

Great job and quitting smoking, [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION]. A guy I follow on Twitter (producer of the ELLEN show) has given up all sorts of drugs, including alcohol, and is really struggling to quit vaping which he started in an effort to quit smoking. He says it is harder than all of the other drugs for him. Nicotine must be really powerful. So, anyway, congratulations!

Comment

Working...
                                X