No announcement yet.

~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think my days of staying out at the farm are over, time to winterize my home away from home. I don’t mind thawing the line in the morning, but having to thaw it at night when I get in from the field is a real pain! Because of the frost in the mornings we’re not getting an early start most days, so it’ll just be the drive home at night that I’ll have to make in the dark. On good note, we’re done all the cereal crops and only 2700 acres of canola to go!

Great job beating back the beast [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION]! I know what you’re talking about when you have the alone time and know you can drink without anyone knowing. But we would know, and that’s what matters most.

Hope your appointment goes good [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION]! Getting rid of the sling will make you feel like you’re 90% recovered!

And I hope you just need corrective, not replacement surgery [MENTION=19596]Slo[/MENTION], don’t think you want to go through the whole process again!

Enjoy your trip to Radium [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION]! The Rockies are indeed a sight to behold!

Arizona already [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION]?? Isn’t it a rule that you have to spend the first winter in a new house!!

You still have the cattle [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] or have they been picked up yet?

Great quotes so far [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION]! It’s easy to stay away from the booze when things are sailing along nicely, but things take a turn and we really have to flex our sober muscles! Not only am I not the fella I used to be, I never want to be him again and I look forward to improving on that guy as each day goes by!
    Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
    Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
    Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Congrats on staying strong Mr. V! I'm sure that you were so glad to wake up unhung and with a clear conscience the next day!
      I slept in this morning until 8:00! Unusual for me, but it felt really good!

Thanks for breakfast cowboy...delicious!
      [MENTION=19596]Slo[/MENTION]...I hope that your upcoming surgery will be successful, and allow you a shorter recovery time.
      [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION]...Thanks for this morning's quote, and very true!

Another 24 please and thank you!
      Thanks for the great quote yesterday [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION]! I still feel regret and shame for many of the things that I said or did during my drinking days. It's something that I still struggle with, but I'm working on it.

That's a lot of acreage to harvest cowboy! Keeps you busy for sure!

Another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

Good morning Cafe. Mr. V great job on staying the course. Damn beast popping up when you least expect it. Hope everyone has a great day! Lots of rain and drizzle here. Another 24 for me please and thank you.

Comment

57f with very light rain, clearing.
          Readying for my trip, out of here in a few hours.
          24 more please

Comment

Cowboy, the last of the cattle were picked up a week ago now. Our friend is leaving soon for AZ, just like Ginger! 2700 acres of canola seems like a steep climb, but just llike getting and staying sober, taking it a day at a time is amazing in terms of what can be done!

24 more please and thank you.
            Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

6:00am in Alberta, 24 more please, and thanks...

-6C (21F) this morning, I imagine there's no water in the camper, but it doesn't matter, I'm at home with Bubba and Hank!

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
              [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=19596]Slo[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
              Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
              Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
              Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Home sweet home, Cowboy! Are you unable to harvest today?

Thanks for the quote. Good can come out of our mistakes. It’s how we learn!

I’m hosting this week’s high school swim team dinner tomorrow, so need to start cooking & baking today for 30-40 girls.

24 more hours please & thank you!
                Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.

Comment

I'll take any extra rain you guys don't want 5:44 am in Vegas another 24
                  I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                  Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

True quote, Rava. I should be pretty darn smart by now!

ABC, I feel uneasy leaving the house this first winter but hubby refuses too stay here in the cold and snow. Our son that built it will stop in once a week so that makes me feel a little better.

Slo, that's a big dinner!! I'm having our kids and their families tonight for dinner and I'm stressing over cooking for 10! You my dear, are a rockstar!

I'll take another 24, please and thank you!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

It was an uneventful drive yesterday. We arrived at Radium late afternoon after a stopover in Canmore where we scoped out some activities for our next visit.

We toured Invermere this morning and Radium this afternoon both by car and on foot. We have deer and big horn sheep right outside our door and were pleasantly surprised to see a resident peacock on a walk this afternoon.

After supper we might just walk up to the hot tub for a dip.

Hope everyone enjoyed their Tuesday, af of course.

QW
                      AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                      F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Good morning. Another 24 for me please and thank you!

Comment

Your quote this morning is a good one to start any day with [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION]!

Another 24please and thank you!I

Comment

5:50am in Alberta, I'll have another 24 please, and thanks...

A very wet morning, 1C (33F) so the snow that fell yesterday is gone...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                            [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=19596]Slo[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

Comment

I'd love to be able to send you this rain [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION], as long as you send up your sunshine and hot temperatures!

Nope [MENTION=19596]Slo[/MENTION], no combining for a while I'm afraid. I was out and about fixing grain dryers yesterday and the talk now is if the 2019 harvest will have to get finished in the spring of 2020! The next 10 days are forecast to be very cold, most of the days hardly getting above freezing. Add in a few days with rain or snow, and it's a depressing forecast for the farmers.

I've got a couple of unit heaters to install in garages, so I'll get started on them today after I get the camper winterized. I don't want to chance broken waterlines in the camper, so it's time to get it ready for winter.

Comment

ABC, you sure would be a handy guy to have around. I bet I could keep you knee deep in jobs if you were down here. People are always looking for someone to do jobs like you do. We don't have many options!

Rava, good quote! I'm a terrible worrier. Anyone have any suggestions on how to deal with that?

Our departure day got moved to tomorrow due to high mountain weather. I'M NOT READY! Hope I get in the right frame of mind and pronto!

QW, glad your drive was good. Enjoy!!

I'll take another 24, please and thank you!
                                Last edited by Ginger999; October 23, 2019, 07:43 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X