~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Rava, sounds like a solid plan. We all need one during this holiday season. Ours will be small with just one other couple but no AL so that's nice. As for ice cream.... salted caramel So Delicious coconut milk ice cream. Yummy and dairy free.

I'll gladly take another 24 hours!!

Comment

58F, rainy and windy. That will be today's high, temp dropping as the day goes on.
      Traveling for Thanksgiving here, so if you don't see me for a few days, that's what's up.
      For those that celebrate, hope you have a great day.
      A lot to be thankful for here. Attitude of gratitude day.
      24 more please.

Comment

I always found ice cream to be an amazing substitute for cravings as well.

Maybe baking Christmas gifts really would be a project that you could try now to fill your evenings with something more, Cowboy! Plus, it’s a form of prayer, per Mr. V, as you are baking for others.
        I like your take on the waves of change: ride them or drown in them!

I baked apple pies with my SILs on Monday. Yummy! I was having my SIL teach me how to make homemade pie crust, while at the same time coming up with an enrichment activity to do with our SIL with dementia.

I’m glad you have thought this through and have a plan, Rava, because Thanksgiving is a tough one. I’m so glad I’m not hosting this year! I just have to make a festive lettuce salad & salad dressing, and a relish tray -but enough for 25 people.
        I need to shore up my plan for my social anxiety. I’m thinking I’ll take GABA Calm supplements, and maybe bring a big thermos of, I think I’ll try mixing green tea & ginger tea. Plus I’ll bring my own AF beers, sparkle water, & sodas. And eat a balanced, protein-rich meal beforehand. No, I do not go into the Thanksgiving feast starving! That just sets me up for cravings and anxiety.

Requesting another 24 please!
        Last edited by Slo; November 27, 2019, 10:33 AM.
        Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Happy Thanksgiving tomorrow to our American Cafe friends. It looks like large parts of the continent are dealing with nasty winter weather so if you’re travelling, be safe! And if alcohol is present, be strong.

Winter hit here overnight with cold temperatures and some snow.

Have a great af Wednesday everyone!

QW
          AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
          F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

WIshing everyone a great day. Strong plan in place to stay sober. (Probably if I could just tape my mouth shut, I could avoid overeating and drinking too HAHA) Once the party is over I will be dumping all the alcohol out or giving it away. I may check back in tonight to be accountable. Another 24 for me please and thank you.

Comment

36F and cloudy.
              quick check-in before hitting the road.
              "Thank you for everything, I have no complaints whatsoever"
              24 more please

Comment

Safe travels, [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION]!

Good plan, [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION]. Checking in in the evening will be like the cherry on top! Stay strong.

Grateful for all the usual. The world needs more gratitude all the way around!

Happy Thanksgiving to all in the U.S., and a big helping gratitude all the way around for all of us, whether in US or Canada.

24 more please. And THANK YOU. :heartbeat:
                Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

6:05am in Vegreville, AB, 24 more for me please, and thanks...

Same cold temps as yesterday, but a warming trend coming next week...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                  [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=19596]Slo[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
                  Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                  Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                  Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Thanks for the quote, Rava. You got This!

I'll take another 24, please and thank you!

Comment

Happy Thanksgiving to my friends south of the 49th! And safe travels [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION], looks like the weather down there is playing havoc with those trying to travel for the weekend.

I came over to Vegreville yesterday to help Bubba move some furniture around and to bring Hank's toybox and toys over. Then we went to the perogy supper held by the Ukrainian Catholic Church, then over to the Manor to visit with the in-laws. It was a good day all around.
                      Last edited by abcowboy; November 28, 2019, 08:48 AM.
                      Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                      Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                      Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Happy Thanksgiving to all those who celebrate it! I'm thankful for all of you here at MWO!

Great quote [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION], and sending positive vibes to help you get through the day!

Another sober day please and thank you!

Comment

Happy Thanksgiving to those who are celebrating it today! I caught a horrible stomach thingie yesterday and even had to leave work early,today it feels better but I'm dragged out glad I'm not going anywhere, Cowboy that sounded cute that you took Hanks toys and toybox to him 6:38 am in Vegas another 24
                          I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                          Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

An early start to the day with Black Friday sales starting already - had to do some retail therapy, spent $123 and saved $140 - came home, shovelled the driveway, had a chiropractic adjustment, more shopping and home by 10AM. Think I might take the rest of the day off!

Hope everyone has a great af Thursday and to those celebrating Thanksgiving, enjoy the day!

QW

24/7/365

Comment

Quick check in post. No drinking for me. I sent my guests home with wine and food. I’m feeling pretty damned good tonight!

Comment

Well done Rava! Your Cafe friends knew you could do it!!

A friend of mine who knows of my new found bread making activity sent me a recipe for beer bread. I deleted it without reading because I knew it would mean going into a liquor store to buy beer. Not going to take the chance.

Hope everyone had a great Thursday!

QW

24/7/365

Comment

Working...
                                X