~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

My recovery must come first so that everything I love in life doesn’t have to come last. Unknown author

We talk about how important it is to protect our quit, this quote is spot on - our quit and recovery has to come first in order for us to succeed.
    24/7/365

Have a great af POETS Day everyone!

QW
    AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
    F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Yesterday's quote was spot on [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION]! I should stick that one on the fridg!

Congrats [MENTION=19596]Slo[/MENTION].....such a huge accomplishment!

Enjoy your ski vacation Mr. V!

Another 24 and thank you!

Comment

Good morning. Great quote QW. Recovery comes first!!! I love my weighted blanket too! Hope you have a good trip Mr. V. Slo, yes we’re are still quit buddies! Dill the workers probably stayed so they could get paid. Glad no one blew off the roof! Ginger, we will be official snowbirds in 3 weeks exactly. I hear the traffic to the snowbird destination is terrible. Not looking forward to that part. I’m still trying to find my way around this non existent retirement schedule. Yesterday I cleaned and organized cabinets. Will do more of the same today. Another 24 for me please and thanks .

Comment

I've been reading about the weighted blankets so I appreciated hearing your comments on that, QW and Rava.

Day 4 for the roof. Yesterday was a really great day to work outside, sunny, cool and just a slight breeze now and then.

24 more please and thank you.
          Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

6:00am in Alberta, another 24 please, and thanks...

-14C (7F) this morning, a nice day ahead for a trip to the bright lights to pick up parts for grain dryers and a Costco run...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
            [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=19596]Slo[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
            Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
            Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
            Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

No, I haven't been lazy (well, maybe just a little bit lol), I've started watching a bit of tv in the evenings so that the house doesn't seem so quiet. I forgot how interesting some of the shows on the Discovery Channel really are!

Have a safe trip to Colorado [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] and enjoy the time on the mountain!

I remember back some years ago when a bad hailstorm came through and we had to replace the shingles on our house [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION]. It was about this time of year when they wanted to do the work and I wouldn't let them. It was too cold out and the asphalt shingles won't "tab" to each other properly and the winter winds could then lift and tear them off. Funny how your contractor thinks differently...

I forget when your surgery is scheduled for [MENTION=19596]Slo[/MENTION]? Was it in December or January?

Speaking of surgery, how's the shoulder coming along [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION]? Bet you're anxious to get back on top of Homer!

I imagine it's hard at first to figure out what to do all day [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION], but it won't take long to settle into a new routine!

I love reading your stories and helpful suggestions and tips [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION]. I must congratulate you on being so positive with everything you have to deal with! And the quotes this week have been fantastic!

Not much new up here, plodding along in my routine lol. I have to admit that I was worried about all the alone time I'm getting, that the AV would once again start whispering. But that hasn't been the case. In fact it's been totally opposite! I hardly think about drinking, but have had a few thoughts about maybe trying a joint. Stopped those thoughts dead in their tracks, no way I'm going to replace one addiction with another! I'm protecting my quit, not just of alcohol, but of anything remotely addicting, no matter who, no matter what!
              Last edited by abcowboy; December 6, 2019, 08:30 AM.
              Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
              Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
              Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

We don't want a stoner Cowboy haha! The few times I tried weed I didn't like the feeling and wanted it to wear off fast! It just felt creepy to me,sure I was more relaxed but it wasn't a nice relaxation experience for me,QW thanks for your experience with weighed blankets,I had already asked for one for Christmas 5:50 am in Vegas another 24
                I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Great quote! Weighted blankets seem like they'd be really hot. You guys need to keep me posted on that. I'd try one if it would improve my sleep and I didn't roast. LOL
                  I'll take another 24, please and thank you!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Mrs QW doesn’t find the weighted blanket too warm although her feet can be freezing cold in July!

I was able to do most of the Xmas shopping yesterday and to my surprise, the stores weren’t that busy. No doubt that’ll change the closer we get to the big day. I wonder if more people are shopping online this year.

Have a great af Friday everyone!

QW

24/7/365

Comment

The chains of alcohol are too light to be felt until they are too strong to be broken

Yup. The advertisements for alcohol show people having fun, enjoying life. What they don’t show is what can happen to an alcoholic. It’s not unlike tobacco advertising in that regard.

We know how easy it was for us to get addicted to alcohol and we know how hard it is to get sober and stay sober. The chains can be broken though - we’re proving it every day!

Have a great af Saturday!

QW
                      Last edited by Quit wining; December 6, 2019, 11:08 PM.

24/7/365

Comment

Good morning and great quote QW. Yes those chains are so lightweight until you try to break loose. Its all fun and games until you realize that you are sinking deeper and deeper into a pit. Pauly, I too am not crazy about the effects of weed. My damn drug of choice will always be alcohol. Part of my retirement worry was too much idle time to start drinking again. All that wouldn’t it be nice bullshit. Well luckily I am on to that and do NOT want to restart that path. That slip up I had a few weeks ago was a clear indication that I am not a normal drinker and crossed that line a long time ago. Another 24 for me please and thank you.

Comment

That quote is so well stated, QW. I often think about my early days of drinking and how clueless I was as to the hold it had on me, even then. But the weight and strength were felt the moment I decided to throw them off.

I can see what you are saying about the shingles not adhering in the cold weather and I hope it doesn't pose a problem. We are exposed to a lot of wind having a pasture and a field right next to us. We get some wicked winds out of the north/west. I will let you know if we have any issues.

I read some DIY's on making your own weighted blanket and saving money. I doubt it would really save all that much money as fabric is pretty expensive these days. But it looks like a simple and fun project.

24 more please and thank you.
                          Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

5:50am in Alberta, I'll have 24 more please, and thanks...

-7C (20F), a bit foggy, with snow on the way...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                            [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

Comment

You're right [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION], I'd probably turn into a stoner! Even though they say marijuana isn't addicting, it would be to me! I smoked a bit of it way back when, don't even remember what it felt like, just remember I couldn't get enough french fries!

Alcohol addiction snuck up on me for sure, and thinking back it was probably around 34 years ago that my drinking started getting heavier and heavier, just like the chains of addiction. Probably 10 years ago that I knew I had a problem, 7 years ago that I admitted I was a drunk, and 5 years ago that I broke those chains. Talk about being a slow learner eh!

Comment

There was a time when I smoked a lot of weed. Most of the time it really relaxed me, but at other times it made me very paranoid. One thing that it always did was give me the munchies, so I know what you mean about the French fries [MENTION=21602]abcowboy[/MENTION]!

Thanks for the week of great quotes [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION]!

Another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

Working...
                                X