~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Yep Cowboy it's sneaks up on us that's for sure,I'll never be able to comprehend how 2 beers to help me sleep here and there turned into a daily NEED of at least a 12 pack,it's disgusting and just crazy! 5:47 am in Vegas another 24,hope everyone has a wonderful AF Saturday
    I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
    Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

That quote is so true. What if at the end of every AL commercial, they did a quick bleep of the morning after. Wonder if that would affect sales? LOL

I'll take another 24, please and thank you!

Comment

25F and clear skies here in CO.
        Beautiful sunrise this morning, would not have seen that if I was hungover!
        Smoked a lot of weed back in the day, any time I've tried it recently, just made me paranoid. Don't need it either.
        24 more here please

Comment

Same for me, Cowboy: by 9 years ago I was having an inkling that my need for alcohol was escalating, by 7 years ago I decided to quit; then I spent years stopping & starting, saying goodbye, and figuring out the costs & impacts of not drinking vs. drinking. I think that’s common though. And no, we don’t want a stoner Cowboy!

You must be in Colorado now, Mr. V. That makes my knee feel nervous whenever I hear the word “skiing”, since that’s how my knee initially got damaged back when I was 19.
          The surgery for revision of my knee replacement is on December 19, so it’s coming up fast. Dang. I wish this cup could pass, yet know I need to be grateful that there’s a potential fix.

I like how the weighted blanket was a sleep solution for your little granddaughter, QW! And your wife. Have been loving the quotes. So true that our quits have to come first -and that’s not selfish!

Asking for another 24 hours.
          Last edited by Slo; December 7, 2019, 11:53 AM.
          Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

I grew up on the west coast in the late 60’s. Marijuana was readily available yet for some reason I never tried it because I was afraid I’d like it. Funny how at 18 I had more sense than I did when I started abusing alcohol. And now that marijuana is legal in Canada, I have no interest in trying it. I’m afraid if I did, I’d start smoking cigarettes again. Been there, done that, got the T-shirt.

I think showing the aftermath of a night of drinking would be a real eye opener for many and a major embarrassment for the partiers! Maybe the brewers and distillers should be made to show people hung over, falling down drunk. Or maybe they should be forced to admit their product is poisonous and addictive. Ending a commercial showing people having fun drinking shouldn’t end with “Please drink responsibly”

Have a great af Saturday everyone!

QW
            AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
            F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

I have no interest in picking up another bad habit. I remember in my college days going to "parties" where people were sitting around passing a joint. The room grew quieter with each toke as people essentially zoned out. I had tried marijuana of course, but had decided I didn't like how unpredictable the effects could be and it could easily turn into a paranoia induced nightmare. Plus the effects lingered for a couple of days beyond the use causing my brain to be fuzzy. Not worth it!

My granddaughter is here this weekend and has helped decorate the tree. Today we will put out the Nativity set together. Also, we found a Christmas gift she was given two years ago that she was too young for: spirograph. We are going to explore that treasure today! Her fine motor skills are up to it now I believe.

So that's one little Ohio story for today. 24 more would be a great ending!
              Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Good morning. Christmas cookie baking day. I’m already seeing a fun but exhausting day in my future! Hope everyone has a great day! Another 24 for me please and thank you!

Comment

5:55am in Alberta, 24 for me and everyone else who needs them please, and thanks...

Yowsers, -23C (-10F) this morning!!

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                  [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=19596]Slo[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
                  Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                  Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                  Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

A nice hot breakfast on a cold day up here!

Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                    Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                    Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

“Some of us think holding on makes us strong, but sometimes it is letting go.”
                      Hermann Hesse

Cold and windy, but at least the sun is shining!

Another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

Good quote, Jude. Thanks for brekkie, ABC.

Finally cool enough for the rattlers to be less likely on the trails so got out for a hike. Sure felt good to get out and away from people. Solitude on a trail with just the dog and hubs is my happy place!

I'll take another 24, please and thank you!

Comment

6:23 am in Vegas another 24 Slo,will you be up and mobile for Christmas? Just wondering if you're allowed to move around much after the surgery,I think alcohol ads should be banned from tv tbh, people know where to buy booze so why bother with an ad? I'm not just saying that cuz I have an Al problem just in general I think it's kinda silly to advertise something that people are going to buy if they want it anyways
                          I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                          Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Rava, your house will smell wonderful today! Nothing like fresh baking!! You’ve inspired me to do some baking today. I was hoping the grandkids would come for a visit so we could bake gingerbread men (or is it gingerbread people now?). Last year my granddaughter figured out she could bypass putting the icing on the cookies when she could just squeeze the tube into her mouth.

Cold and snowy here today. Thanks Cowboy for another great looking brekkie!

Have a great af Sunday everyone.

QW
                            AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                            F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

We’re being stronger by letting go of ETOH instead of trying to hang on to it!

I’m in a very low mood. Memories triggered of being filled with anxiety, depression, & overwhelm: of not being able to overcome my painful, disconnected childhood; memories of not being able to be a very good parent in that kind of state, and the darkness of the episodes postpartum depression. And of seemingly never feeling normal, whole, at ease, & connected. Ah well, what can one do but move forward and do the best we can? I always seem to go dark like this before the full moon. Soon it will be over.

I don’t know how mobile I will be for Christmas, at only 5-6 days post-op. I don’t even know if I’ll be able to participate or if I will need to just stay home. Well, look at the bright side; I can take a backseat this year, and don’t have to run the Christmas machine!

I enjoyed the Ohio story, Dill!
                              That’s super cold, Cowboy!
                              Going to take young daughter and my mother to see young niece perform a bit part in ‘The Nutcracker’ today.
                              24 more please.
                              Last edited by Slo; December 8, 2019, 09:53 AM.
                              Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.

Comment

Good morning Cafe. Slo, it sounds like you are in a bit of a funk. I wonder if its the holidays, full moon and your impending surgery all working together to make to feel like crap. I hope the Nutcracker play cheered you up. Yesterday’s cookie baking made about 20 dozen. I was totally exhausted. Its fun but hard work. Only one casualty when my toddler grandson fell into the chair and cut his eye. No stitches needed tho. Still trying to stay busy and find my way into this new retirement lifestyle. Going to watch another grandson wrestle tonight. Working on filling my days with happy things. Hope everyone has a great a sober day. Another 24 for me please and thanks.

Comment

Working...
                                X