~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Good morning Cafe. Another rainy and gloomy day here on the East Coast. YUCK. Florida can’t come soon enough! Slo I’m sure you will be happy once the surgery is over. It’s all the hype leading up to it that makes it scary! Ginger, if you sell your RV and get a park model does that mean you own it and can use it anytime but it stays in the park? Pardon my ignorance. I don’t know anything about RVs. Cowboy, glad your doing better with your new situation. Keep on that music and keep singing along. I was told once, Fake it until you Make it. Sounds like good advice to me. Hope everyone has a great and sober Saturday! Another 24 for me please and thanks.

Comment

5:25am in Alberta, I'll have another 24 please, and thanks...

Bout the same temp as yesterday with snow to shovel this morning.

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
      [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=19596]Slo[/MENTION] [MENTION=1354]narilly[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
      Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
      Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
      Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

“The best way to predict your future is to create it.” ~Abraham Lincoln

It's great to have support and encouragement while attaining sobriety, but in the end, it's up to us to maintain it.
        [MENTION=19596]Slo[/MENTION]...I was worried about having general anesthesia as well. When I expressed my concerns to the anesthesiologist he replied "Its really in our best interest to keep you alive." Good point ! My Dad put off having knee surgery until it was too late, and boy did he regret it! The pain that he endured during his last years was awful and difficult to watch. A little discomfort now is worth it if it can keep you pain free and mobile in the future!
        [MENTION=21602]abcowboy[/MENTION]....why don't you adopt another dog. Then you and Bubba can each have a dog in the house. I'm sure that Hank would love a buddy! :harhar:

Another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

Hank is over with Bubba [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION]. I’m not home during the day to let him out and he’s so used to getting outside at lunchtime that we didn’t want to change that.

I’m making this tougher on myself than it really needs to be. We spend more time apart during seeding and harvest than we do now. Bubba and Hank come over at least once a week, if not more some weeks, and I’ve spent a night over there as well. This situation will be resolved one way or another come springtime when firm decisions will have to be made.

I started thinking of this situation as not being able to drink. I can’t ever drink for the rest of my life, so living apart for a few months should be a piece of cake!

We talked about getting another dog [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION], but I'd hate to leave a new dog all alone during the day as well.

I didn't want to go under for my tendon surgery [MENTION=19596]Slo[/MENTION], and as it turned out I didn't have to! Guess your surgery is more technical or they'd have suggested nerve blocking to you.

Snow to shovel, then I get to make the house smell like fresh cinnamon buns!
          Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
          Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
          Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Another good quote, Jude!

Rava, a park model is really just a small modular home. They are usually under 800sf. Its a much smaller investment and you rent the spot. The unit can be removed if needed but usually people just sell them in place. They go like hot cakes around here. There's all sorts of ways to be a snowbird! :•)

I'll take another 24, please and thank you!
            Last edited by Ginger999; December 14, 2019, 08:05 AM.

Comment

6:01 am in Vegas another 24
              I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
              Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

More baking is planned for today to share with the family over the holidays. I well remember when our 3 boys were teenagers and how fast food disappeared. And the grandkids love to eat too!
                Many years ago when our son the chef was in culinary school, he asked how big a turkey I had bought for Xmas. 25 pounds I told him. He said with the three boys home for 3 days that I wasn’t counting on leftovers. I told him there was a 15 pound turkey in the freezer, he suggested I thaw it as well so he could de-bone it and stuff it inside the bigger bird. With one slice you can get white and dark meat, he said.
                My response was that while I was born at night, it wasn’t last night and that he was just trying to get more food.
                As the boys were preparing to drive home, the chef opened the fridge, saw how empty it was and said his work here was done!

Have a great af Saturday everyone!

QW
                AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

I was also very fearful about living AF. It was quite a hurdle to get over! Turns out it’s not that bad, and has many benefits too.

I’ll need a shingles vaccine too since, like everyone in our generation, I had chicken pox too. And I sure don’t want shingles!! Didn’t realize it was a two-part vaccine.

Are you able to freeze cinnamon buns then, Cowboy? Your place will smell divine!

I had no idea you could stuff a turkey in a turkey?! It takes a chef to know those things!

My MIL had surgery when she was 71, and when she woke up from it her short term memory was completely gone, never to return.
                  I was reminded when going through her daughter’s/my SIL’s paperwork this year while packing her up to move her back here, that SIL had had surgery with general anesthesia in 2009, then started struggling with memory loss right after that. Now we’re taking care of a 63 y/o once-bright woman who is now like Dory the Fish! (“Finding Nemo” reference).
                  So yeah, I’m afraid of general anesthesia! But I guess I had it in 2015 for rotator cuff repair surgery without problems. My initial knee replacement in Dec. 2017 was done with just a block, so I had expected this revision of it to be the same. I’ll talk to the doctor this week when he’s back from vacation, and ask to talk to the anesthesiologist as well.

I’m thinking of just skipping making Christmas cookies this year. But good for all you prolific bakers!!

I need 24 hours AF today, as I go out to dinner with 3 drinkers, and then on to a beer-y basketball game tonight.
                  Last edited by Slo; December 15, 2019, 09:47 AM.
                  Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.

Comment

Another 24 please, all this talk about turkey is making me hungry.

Its 10:15 am in Calgary and I am frozen -9C.

Off to the farmers market to buy some food!
                    Narilly

"Nothing in this World Can take the place of Persistence"
                    "You can have the life you want OR you can Drink"

AF April 12, 2014

Comment

Sunday quote.... well sort of. Just getting in the holiday spirit.

Comment

Love the quote and pic, Ginger! Very true and in keeping with the season!

Jude, thank you for a week of really good thoughts to start our days. You posted some really good ones!

I'm done baking cookies but now I am thinking of trying my hand at fudge. I've never made it before and I think I'd like to give it a try. The question is whther to add nuts or not. I prefer it without, but most people like them. I'll likely be giving most of it away, so.....ok, I'll add the nuts! Starting my day off with the big decisions.

Rava, I was glad you asked Ginger the question about the park models. I wanted to know also!

24 more please and thank you.
                        Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

5:50am in Alberta, 24 for me and everyone else who needs them please, and thanks...

-13C (9F), cloudy and snow on the way...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                          [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=19596]Slo[/MENTION] [MENTION=1354]narilly[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

Comment

Breakfast is ready! It's kind of like AA, eat what you want and leave the rest haha!

Comment

Thanks for breakfast cowboy! I think that I'll just take the bacon and eggs this time around! :thanks:

I rode Homer for the first time in 3 months yesterday, and man am I out of shape! Guess that I have to work on getting all of my muscles back in working order!

Another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

Fudge!! Peanut butter fudge is my absolute favorite. Dill, how do you keep from eating all that yummy stuff? I could really use some help this time of year!

Thanks for breakfast, ABC. Looks yummy as always.

Comment

Working...
                                X