~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Another 24 please, 10am in Calgary going to 0C today!
    Narilly

"Nothing in this World Can take the place of Persistence"
    "You can have the life you want OR you can Drink"

AF April 12, 2014

Comment

That’s a very beautiful quote from Maya Angelou, and one I had never heard before. Bad memories keep rushing at me, and I need to learn to look at them forgivingly; with a wiser, more understanding eye.

No, no; not aimed at you, Dill. It’s too painful for me to talk about my people who came out of surgery with damaged brains, and now caregiving for them for contiguous decades. I should just keep it light. Good for you for even trying to make fudge, as candy is hard to make! It’s hard to get the temperature just right. I think a lot of people like fudge without nuts. (although I like it with nuts!)
      Well, Mother couldn’t waste the sugar and milk, QW, so it had to be turned into fudge! Clever boy.
      Baking is quite a chemical science, so the type of milk must matter for your cinnamon rolls due to altering the fat content of the recipe, Cowboy. I ruined recipes back in the low-fat era due to substituting with low-fat dairy.
      I prefer cooking to baking too, Jude, as it’s more flexible. I have just never enjoyed baking cookies, if I’m honest, so I’m going to use my knee as an excuse to skip it this year; this year when the kids are nearly all grown, and the grandchild hasn’t arrived yet.

Requesting 24 more hours today!
      Last edited by Slo; December 16, 2019, 10:22 PM.
      Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.

Comment

Tuesday quote... Well not really a quote but a powerful visual.

I'll take another 24, please and thank you!

Comment

Good Morning Cafe. Welcome BelleGirl. This is a great group to be a part of. Stay close and post each day to help stay accountable. We are all here for the same purpose. Slo, thinking of you as you prepare for your surgery. Cowboy, I tried making bread and it was a huge failure. I ended up throwing out the bread machine. No wonder there were so many available at my local thrift store. Good visual Ginger. Hope everyone has a great Tuesday. Another 24 for me please and thank you.

Comment

6:10am in Alberta, 24 more for me please, and thanks...

-10C (14F) and time again to

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
            [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=16180]BelleGirl[/MENTION] [MENTION=1354]narilly[/MENTION] [MENTION=19596]Slo[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
            Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
            Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
            Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Pull up a chair and stay awhile [MENTION=16180]BelleGirl[/MENTION]! The cafe is always open and offers lot's of support and encouragement.

Cold and snowy here in N.Y.......good day to stay inside and knit I guess!
              [MENTION=19596]Slo[/MENTION]...please don't feel as though you have to "keep things light" around here! You are obviously struggling with the thought of general anesthesia. At least PM me if you'd rather discuss it privately.

Hope that everyone has a great day!

Another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

Great image Ginger! No need for words sometimes.

Rava, I used to make my own bread dough by hand before I bought the bread machine. I like the convenience of the bread machine, and the results are good, but I still think the hand made is the best. I am just too lazy to do it anymore!

That's funny Cowboy that we both had similar experiences! I chuckled when I read yours too. My second batch of fudge turned out just fine but not text book. I have a way to go before I can be considered a "master"!

Slo, I worked with many brain damaged people as a speech therapist and I can totally relate to what you are saying. It's a funny thing but in my retirement I often think about them still, and the families that loved and cared for them. I didn't expect that somehow.

Belle and Narilly, I hope you both become regulars in the Café. Make sure you are here on Sunday's for Cowboy's special breakfasts!

Jude, molasses and raisin cookies sound delicious!

QW, "a bad case of the sooners" is a new one on me! You sure have a library of interesting sayings!
                Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Yes, welcome to the gang here at the Café [MENTION=16180]BelleGirl[/MENTION]! I've been following your posts in the Nest and can sympathize about trying to quit while living in a "wet" house. You got lots of good advice in the Nest, so no need for me to repeat it.

Great pic [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION]! We do stand out, but we're never alone. And we just have to keep moving to the right!

You're right [MENTION=19596]Slo[/MENTION], baking is more of a science than it is a craft! lol
                  Last edited by abcowboy; December 17, 2019, 08:19 AM.
                  Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                  Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                  Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

5:44 am in Vegas another 24
                    I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                    Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Welcome to the cafe, Belle. Pull up a chair and stay awhile.

I like that visual of the matches. To me it said, take a step back and stop the madness. Don't be the match that keeps things burning!

I'll take another 24, please and thank you!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

My son arrived in Canada from Australia yesterday. He’s in Vancouver for a couple of days before flying to Calgary on Thursday. Even though we visit by Skype every week, nothing’s better than a hug!

The baking is finally done. I used the old family recipe for chocolate chip cookies and Mrs QW said they are the best ever! I’m sure the kids and grandkids will enjoy them over the holidays.

I’m loving our bread maker. We found a flour mix of 2/3 white, 1/3 whole wheat makes the best bread. I’ve also baked bread in the Dutch oven and will be making sourdough thanks to a gift of starter from a friend.

Belle, welcome to the Cafe, great to see you here.

Have a great af Tuesday everyone!

QW
                        AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                        F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Wednesday Quote...

Comment

Good morning. Love that quote Ginger. So true. Finally a day of sun although cold and windy. Florida can’t get here soon enough!! Hope today is a sober day for everyone. Another 24 for me please and thank you.

Comment

Great quote [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION]! Sometimes we just don't realize how much power we have within us!

Enjoy spending time with your son QW!

Another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

Maybe I should taste test one of those chocolate chip cookies QW!
                                24 more please and thank you.
                                Last edited by dill; December 18, 2019, 07:39 AM.
                                Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Working...
                                X