~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Merry Christmas Cafe! Well I caught a Christmas cold last night wasn't much fun cuz I just sat on the couch sneezing, dizzy and coughing so our usual traditional stuff I just couldn't do, did watch the boys open a couple of presents so that was fun at least, 6:02 am in Vegas another 24,I loved that article yesterday-he wrote it like a real person and didn't put on any airs, it was genuine and a good read thanks for sharing Dill
    I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
    Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Merry Christmas! We had my family gathering last night. There were 30+ family & friends and it was utter, joyous chaos! It was so wonderful to be together. Younger son way over drank and was loud and obnoxious. We drove him home. Breaks my heart. Thanks for the input everyone. I'll sit on the link for awhile.

Rava, safe travels. Please let us know what you think of Latimore's book. I read for reinforcement too. Sure can't hurt, right?

Off to brekkie with oldest son and family. I'll take another 24, please and thank you!

Comment

Merry Christmas everyone, another 24 please. 4:28 and -3C in Calgary, making a big Christmas dinner now. Have a good one everyone and don’t drink.
        Narilly

"Nothing in this World Can take the place of Persistence"
        "You can have the life you want OR you can Drink"

AF April 12, 2014

Comment

Thursday quote:

“Success is no accident. It is hard work, perseverance, learning, studying, sacrifice, and most of all, love of what you are doing.”

-Pele
          Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.

Comment

Thank you for this morning's quote [MENTION=19596]Slo[/MENTION]! Success is no accident, and there is a lot of work involved. yesterday the AV was very strong, but thankfully my sober muscles were stronger! I woke up today so grateful that I resisted those urges!

I'm in for another 24 and thank you!
            Last edited by Jude58; December 26, 2019, 07:24 AM.

Comment

Thanks for today's quote Slo. It is true and I think it is interesting that the quote included "love of what you are doing". I think that is a key to success in being af. The trick being focusing on the positives and things we love about a sober life style. We also have to focus on gratitude.

What a relief to have all the fuss of Christmas behind and to be able to return to a more normal routine. I'm grateful we had such a wonderful Christmas day with my son and grandkids and that we all celebrated together without alcohol in the picture. Also, the weather was superb! Sunny and 60 degrees F!. The kids and their Dad and Pop Pop were able to play outside with their aerobie flying disc and boomerang. Of course they spent a good deal of the time getting them down out of trees and off of the roof, but it was all good fun.

24 more please and thank you.
              Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

6:15am in Vegreville, Alberta, 24 more for me please, and thanks...

-14C (6F) this morning with a cloudless sky...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=1354]narilly[/MENTION] [MENTION=19596]Slo[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
                Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

5:33 am in Vegas another 24
                  I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                  Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Good morning. Hope everyone had a great holiday. We are 3 hours into an 18 hour drive. So far So good. Got up early and headed out. Thankful to be sober. Jude, Glad you fought those urges. Ginger, I downloaded the book and will read it soon. I liked what Dill recommended and figured it can’t hurt to read it. All the reinforcement is always welcome!! Hope everyone has a great day! Another 24 for me please and thank you.

Comment

Great quote!

Rava, have a wonderful winter in FL. We start our trek back Saturday. Taking a stop at some of hub's family then back to AZ before the 2nd.

Glad we all made it through Christmas. Now to get through New Year's Eve. We got this!

I'll take another 24, please and thank you!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Back home after enjoying the chaos with family in Calgary. Jessie won’t let me out of her sight!

Cold here today, -15C currently so will have to bundle up for our walks today. Got to get back to routine which also thankfully includes being alcohol free.

Safe travels to our Cafe friends who are heading to warmer climes. Pauly, hope your cold is short lived.

Have a great af Thursday everyone!

QW
                        Last edited by Quit wining; December 26, 2019, 10:40 AM.
                        AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                        F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Made it through another Christmas!
                          Another 24 please, 12:21 in Calgary.
                          Narilly

"Nothing in this World Can take the place of Persistence"
                          "You can have the life you want OR you can Drink"

AF April 12, 2014

Comment

We did it!!
                            I actually skipped out of church and Christmas Eve with my in-laws, and just stayed home by the fire watching ‘Elf’, then went to bed early. My knee just got into too much pain that day with trying to do the exercises to get it to bend. Then I was more rested for Christmas Day with my family.
                            I wasn’t craving the AL exactly, but casting about a bit, wishing I could drink it as a way to relax & feel more social. But I finally got into the groove well enough. Funnily enough, my AF wine looked just like the other wine bottles, and they all accidentally drank it down. We all laughed about it. It is well out in the open now that I don’t drink. Only my mom doesn’t know -she decided “my” wine must be sweet Lambrusco wine. (Actually the last kind of wine I would want to drink!) Well, I’m not hiding anything, and if she was able to take an interest in me or others, then she would know.
                            I did remember to enjoy my mother, and the delight that she takes in Christmas, and how she always has made Christmas so nice for us kids & grandkids. And how youthful & energetic she is. It is a treasure to still have one remaining parent out of our four.
                            Son-in-law #1 takes quite an interest in playing board games, so I finally have someone to play with! Spent a fun morning today playing Settlers of Catan with him & D1, then out for lunch. Now they’ve gone home, and Christmas is over.
                            This Springlike weather is pretty nice! I don’t have to worry about slipping on snow or ice post-surgery. And so fun for your grandkids, Dill, to get outdoors enjoying the fresh country air and being active.

24 more please!
                            Last edited by Slo; December 26, 2019, 07:30 PM.

Comment

Friday quote:

“Clutter is the physical manifestation of unmade decisions fueled by procrastination.”

-Christina Scalise

Comment

Very mild and breezy this morning....no sign of any snow in the forecast for several days!

Another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

Working...
                                X