Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Dill, I’m sure the message will be effectively delivered to my BIL’s (not technically a BIL but a BIL in every other way) son at the appropriate time. He and my sister are a wonderful couple and didn’t deserve the behaviour exhibited by this ingrate.

Sorry you had a slip last night Rava but I’m glad you’re back in the Cafe with your friends. I hope your husband is supportive of your wanting to kick the beast to the curb.

Happy New Year’s Eve wishes to everyone here. Won’t it be nice not to awaken tomorrow with a hang over? Stay safe on the roads tonight if you’re out! Cowboy, sounds like a perfect way to enjoy the day!

Have a great af NYE everyone!!

QW
    Last edited by Quit wining; December 31, 2019, 11:05 AM.
    AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
    F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Originally posted by Jude58 View Post
      Great quote yesterday [MENTION=21602]abcowboy[/MENTION]! None of us are perfect, and there is a little of the good, the bad, and the ugly within all of us. Alcohol can definitely being out the bad, but at least in my case, ditching the booze had made me a better person.
      Very well said!

We finally have snow again!

Honestly I was a little worried about you, Rava, when you said company was coming to see your new vacation home for the first time. It sounded like a set-up for “we need to celebrate this!” and “we need to toast!” -too tempting. But, your husband is on board now to work with you in you being AF, so that will be a real plus.

Like [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION], I never much liked going out for New Year’s Eve even when I drank. It’s too hyped. I used to solve that by working on New Year’s Eve night! My favorite couple of NY Eves was having another family over, with the kids playing together and making confetti, while the adults visited with the TV on watching until the ball dropped. Tonight we’re going out to early dinner with two of HB’s family, then coming home in order to provide some parental presence because teenage daughter is having a party & sleepover here with friends. Plus I still have this knee as an excuse for not staying out late & long, so, two excuses!

Can’t believe it’s a new decade...I was slow on the uptake to realize that we were changing not only years but decades this time! Hard to believe it’s been 20 years since that Y2K nonsense. Needing another 24 hours today to finish out a full AF calendar year! That should motivate me.
      Last edited by Slo; December 31, 2019, 06:00 PM.
      Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.

Comment

[MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION]....sorry that you slipped last night. Keep your chin up and don't look back. :hug:

Happy New Year cafe...enjoy your day!

Comment

Good morning . Woke up at midnight to fireworks and people screaming Happy New Year! I bet they were all drunk. I am back on the saddle again. Had a good day yesterday and today we are going to the gym. I really need structure in my life and I’m starting to get it back. I’m not blaming my slip completely on lack of structure but it may have contributed. I’m in a new chapter of my life and need to find a groove that works for me without alcohol. Thanks for listening. Another 24 for me please and thanks. Happy New Year everyone!!

Comment

Well Slo, I guess you aren't the only one that didn't realize it was a new decade. That escaped me too!

Rava, stay close. You've got this. It's great that hb will be a support now.

Happy New Year everyone, and Happy New Decade too!

24 please for all of us and everyone who wants it.
            Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

"A New Year, A New Decade, A New Day to be the best you can be! Wishing you health, happiness, and hope!" - Catherine Pulsifer and abcowboy (Bruce)

6:10am in Vegreville, Alberta, I'll have another 24 please, and thanks...

-6C (22F) here this morning with lots of snow in the forecast for the next couple of days...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
              [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=19596]Slo[/MENTION] abcowboy

This New Year is going to be a darn good year period!
              Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
              Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
              Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

What's done is done [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION], learn from it and move forward. It's going to help that your hubby is getting an understanding of what you are, and always will be. But no one can truly understand what an addict goes through except another addict. But he'll maybe start to realize that you can't or never will be able to drink like a normal person, and that extra understanding can make all the difference in the world, to both of you...

Bubba and I enjoyed a great meal at BP's last night! We decided that instead of just ordering a meal for each, we'd just order a whole bunch of starter plates along with ice tea of course. Our waitress was young, bubbly, and took the order of 6 starter plates without writing anything down! When she finished bringing it all out she asked to make sure she got it right. She had ice tea refills at our table before the first ones weren't even finished! The bill came to $69 plus change and as she was ringing it up, I told her to add $20 for a tip. She kept saying it was too much, and I told her that her service and personality were worth a lot more than that! I think I made some young woman's night!

All around us people were having drinks with their meals, wine, beer, highballs, etc. I didn't feel sorry or bad about who or what I am, I'm a recovering alcoholic and always will be, nothing will change that...

Comment

Happy New Year! Cowboy that sounds like a nice dinner and I like that price! Very nice of you to give the waitress a nice tip, we always tip extra for great service and a great attitude too, puts us in a great mood to be around a happy person! Rava, you sound like you're in a great state of mind now, good job no use dwelling on it, QW, glad your visit with your son was great, always sad to see them go tho but at least memories were made, sounds like everyone had a nice NYE, I watched Sex and the city marathon and turned it in time to see the New York ball drop them lights out, 6:26 am in Vegas another 24
                    I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                    Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Good morning 2020! Got home about 730p, unloaded the pickup and hit the wall. This bug has got me good! Or should I say bad?

Glad we all made it through the celebrations unscathed. I'll take another 24, please and thank you!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Sounds like a perfect evening Cowboy, great company, a fine meal and great service. I tip according to service, sometimes it’s excessive according to the standard 10-20%. In fact some years ago I left a $5 tip on a bill of $3.50 for a breakfast special because the server at 6:30AM was cheerful, single handedly looked after 15+ guests and never let my coffee cup get empty. She told me it was too much so I gave her another $5. She gave me a hug and thanked me. She had a tear in her eyes. I don’t know what her life was like but hopefully I brightened her day. Several others in the restaurant overheard our conversation so hopefully the tips they left reflected their appreciation.

Cowboy, I read your comment about being a recovering alcoholic and that’s who you’ll always be. I think we should be proud of what we’ve accomplished and are accomplishing, one day at a time. Beating an addiction like al is tough, as we know, but so worthwhile. We should be proud that we’re retaking control of our lives. And we should be proud that we belong to MWO and unconditionally support each other!

Best wishes to my Cafe friends for a happy, healthy 2020!!

QW
                        AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                        F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Happy 2020! It has a nice ring to it.

Getting out of holiday mode and back to routine might help you too, Rava. Well, at least help you to develop a new routine!

Jude is back to having structure today! It will probably be as hard as getting back on the horse was (literally, not figuratively!) initially.
                          I too am looking forward to getting back to normalcy and normal activity level someday post- surgery.

Dill, are you off on your travels now? Say, you could introduce UNO to this other 8y/o grandchild whom you are visiting! It does span the ages well.

I love the thought that we can choose to be proud of ourselves as we look around at the rest of them drinking on New Year’s Eve. That is a great response.

I too have been thinking of @Mr. Vervill, and hope skiing has been like cycling for him.

Asking for another sober day please, to start out this new year & new decade!
                          Last edited by Slo; January 1, 2020, 09:02 PM.
                          Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.

Comment

Another 24 for me please, 2:09pm in Calgary.
                            Happy to start the New Year sober.

Happy New Year everyone!
                            Narilly

"Nothing in this World Can take the place of Persistence"
                            "You can have the life you want OR you can Drink"

AF April 12, 2014

Comment

[MENTION=19596]Slo[/MENTION]....after work yesterday, I came home and slept for 2 hours! Getting back into a routine is going to be harder than I thought!

Another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

Good morning. Up early and feeling so much better mentally. My husband gave me a gym membership for Christmas. We went yesterday together and today signed up for a spinning class. We will probably be horrible as we are not in the best of shape but we will go slow and hang in there. I started taking a B complex vitamin which was recommended by Dr. Weil online. I figure it can’t hurt. Ginger, I hope you feel better soon. Nothing worse than a bug. Cowboy, nice tip, I’m sure the waitress loved it and you did make her day! Another 24 for me please and thank you.

Comment

Working...
                                X