~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Yipee! We head to New Orleans today to see my daughter and grandson!

Slo, I wonder if my NO grandson has ever played UNO. I guess we'll find out! I'll pack the cards.

Jude, I hope you adjust quickly to your routine.

One thing about winter is the quiet. I miss the sounds of the birds! Haven't heard from the coyotes lately either. Just quiet. That has it's benefits I suppose, but I do miss the birds and insect sounds! I wonder if I'll hear them while in New Orleans.

24 more please.
    Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

"Comfort comes of knowing you've done the right thing, no matter what people think."
      - Richard Daly

5:55am in Vegreville Alberta, 24 more please, and thanks...

-1C (30F) with a slight breeze this morning and snow to shovel...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
      [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=19596]Slo[/MENTION] [MENTION=1354]narilly[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
      Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
      Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
      Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Got your pm and got you covered for Sunday [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION]! Safe travels today and I'll bet the g-kids are more excited about their first plane ride than they are about seeing their Aunty and cousin(s)! Good call on the Uno [MENTION=19596]Slo[/MENTION], something fun to fill some time for sure!

I bet getting back to work was actually enjoyable [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] even though it was tiring! It's hard to just sit around for so long when we're used to being active,

And good to see you getting active with something in your retirement [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION]! Staying busy and active is very important in helping us stay on the straight and narrow...

Great to see you made it back to the sunshine safely [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION]!

It is indeed nice to get back into a normal routine. I'll head back to Vermilion this morning to shovel snow there and make sure the house didn't disappear while I was in Veg lol. A couple of small jobs to do, then a mountain of paperwork to get caught up on for year end. We use Simply Accounting for our business and I'm always afraid to push the "enter" key when it's time to roll everything over into a new year even though I back up last years data! Then invoices and month end statements to get in the mail. It'll keep me busy for the next day or two anyway...
        Last edited by abcowboy; January 2, 2020, 08:19 AM.
        Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
        Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
        Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

5:44 am in Vegas another 24
          I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
          Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Loved that quote, ABC. It's 39°f here in AZ so not warm. Will only be in the mid 50s. It was like this last winter too. Lots of rain. Very strange!

I'll take another 24, please and thank you!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Very winter-like out there today with snow and wind.

Our Parkinson group meets today, hopefully some new members will attend. Mrs QW and I have approached some local experts - a pharmacist and a chiropractor -to do a short presentation to the group on their area of expertise. Hopefully we’ll hear from one of them today.

Have a great af Thursday everyone! Nice to be getting back into routine!

Hope the paperwork goes well Cowboy.

QW
              AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
              F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Good morning. Another 24 for me please and thank you!

Comment

“Always do your best. Your best is going to change from moment to moment. Under any circumstances, simply do your best and you will avoid self-judgement, self-abuse and regret.” - Miguel Angel Ruiz

5:35am in Alberta, another 24 please, and thanks...

-9C (15F) this morning with more snow to shovel

[MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] abcowboy

Comment

Thanks for today's quote [MENTION=21602]abcowboy[/MENTION]!

Another 24 please and thank you very much!

Comment

5:56 am in Vegas another 24
                      I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                      Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

This respiratory crud is kicking my butt. I'll take another 24, please and thank you.

Comment

I see the wisdom in your quotes, Cowboy; that we need to maintain our self-respect by acting with integrity. Or we’ll end up in pain, guilt, & regret. And then might want to drink to cover those over!

Hope you’re recovering from your travels and illness, Ginger.

Yesterday, Jan. 2, used to be my favorite day of the year, because I had survived another onslaught of the holidays and all the work they entailed! Christmas doesn’t require so much of me anymore, but I still rather enjoy getting back to normal.

I got my staples out and started driving yesterday!

Wanting another 24 hours AF today.
                          Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Today’s quote reminded me of the pressure that I always felt I was under during my 30 year career in banking. I maintained that I tried to do the best I could with what I had. For those who were in a position to judge me, it wasn’t enough at times. And I’m sure that constant pressure contributed to my drinking. The best thing that ever happened to me was getting out of an environment that demanded more every day, what you did yesterday didn’t count. There’s a reason Scott Adams writes Dilbert!

We had a very good Parkinson support group meeting yesterday. We had a new coordinator, a breath of fresh air compared to the previous one, and we had a very informative guest speaker.

I hope our Australian friends are safe from the wildfires! We’re thinking of you. 96 Canadian firefighters are there or on their way to help as best they can. Canadians remember the brave Australian firefighters who helped us with wildfires 2 years ago.

Have a great af Friday everyone!

QW
                            Last edited by Quit wining; January 3, 2020, 01:20 PM.
                            AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                            F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Good morning. Slo, so glad you are getting more freedom. Glad you are back to driving. Ginger, hope you get over this crap you have. Have you seen a doctor yet? Supposed to rain all day today. So glad its not snow. Thinking of Australia. It must be so scary to live there right now! Another 24 for me please and thank you.

Comment

“The day you take complete responsibility for yourself, the day you stop making any excuses, that's the day you start to the top.” - O. J. Simpson

5:40am in Alberta, I'll take 24 more please, and thanks...

-6C (22F) this morning, no snow to shovel, yet lol

[MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=19596]Slo[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] abcowboy

Comment

Working...
                                X