~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

So relieved to be on the other side of the full moon now, and my physical discomforts & emotional turbulence should settle down now.

I doubt that the young parents even know that there’s an author named John Beckett! They’re just following the trend of using surnames as first names now, probably.

I have been thinking of your arm injury lately, Cowboy, as son-in-law #2 put an awl or some such thing through his wrist recently, and needed stitches. D2, as a new OT who trained with a couple of “hand” OTs, is only too aware of how close he came to severing major tendons and arteries!

I’m not up by the baby; he’s almost two hours away. Her in-laws are there. Actually I didn’t feel all that welcome when I went up there before he was born, so maybe shouldn’t have gone. Oh well. I’m trying to do the right things as a grandma! Letting people know about the birth is awkward too. People want to know, but she wants to tell them herself, but can’t in her depleted state, then days go by and people don’t get notified and feel badly...I’m trying not to overstep, but this is all awkward. I’m going up there tomorrow. Feeling a bit deflated about the whole thing, but I will try to do the right things...

My PT holds out hope that when we can do more knee strengthening exercises then maybe it will hold together better. I sure hope so.

I’m so sorry you’re in pain, QW. It is such a hard place to be.

Good point Cowboy made to you, Jude, that the difficulty of getting back into work after the long leave of absence may make it easier to transition into retirement.

Our dog is pondering why he has a cone on his head and incisions all over his body! Lots of growths were removed. The pain meds seem to be keeping him comfortable.

24 more hours, please & thank you!
    Last edited by Slo; January 11, 2020, 10:38 AM.
    Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.

Comment

[MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] thanks for the week of great quotes. You came up with some good ones!

Slo...sorry that you are feeling "deflated" after the birth of your grandson. You have every right to celebrate with joy, and I say to hell with the in law's!

Sounds like you might have to bite the bullet about having surgery [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION]. Even with the long and painful recovery that I had after my shoulder surgery, I'm still glad that I did it. Do you have someone who could help you care for Mrs. QW while you recover?

Happy Sunday all!

Another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

5:30am in Alberta, 24 more for me and everyone else who needs them please, and thanks...

Looks like I have another date with this morning! And I'll be dressing warm as it's -23C (-10F) with a howling wind! Almost blizzard-like conditions out there...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
        [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=19596]Slo[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
        Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
        Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
        Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Good morning Cafe. I liked this quote because we are all courageous in our fight to stay AF. We have gone against the grain of society and forming our own paths. At one point in my life I was completely scared to even imagine my life without alcohol. Once you quit and step away from the prison you are in, you begin to see how free you have become. This all takes courage and strength. Another 24 for me please and thank you.

Comment

Figured I'd get breakfast out before finishing up my posts then get on the end of the shovel...

Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
            Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
            Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

This is a special day here at the Cafe, because our cowboy is celebrating 5 years sober today! And yet here he is still serving us breakfast! Thank you for always looking out for the rest of us and helping to keep us on the path too, Cowboy! This is special because you know what they say about the 5-year mark; that it portends for lifelong sobriety. Now you are firmly there! Congratulations!!!

Thanks for all the reinforcing quotes, Dill.
              I like today’s quote because it speaks to the quiet, courageous day-at-a-time nature of this.
              One of the hardest parts of this for me too is going against the cultural grain, Rava. But knowing that you all are doing it too makes it easier for me!

Requesting yet another courageous day of staying AF...and if I keep stringing them together then someday hopefully I can achieve 5 years too!
              Last edited by Slo; January 12, 2020, 09:05 AM.
              Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.

Comment

Congrats on 5 years Cowboy! 6:12 qm in Vegas another 24
                I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Five years! Great job, ABC.

Rava, great quote. It does take courage and you all help sustain that courage for me.

QW, thinking of you and your health challenge. Sorry to hear it.

Slo, I hope your visit goes well and you can enjoy that new baby unencumbered!

Another gorgeous winter AZ day today. We have a hike planned tomorrow to a prehistoric ruin that's not much more than a mound now but there's 1,000s of pieces of pottery shards. Should be interesting!

Thanks for brekkie, ABC! Waves to all! I'll take another 24, please and thank you!

Comment

Happy 5 year Celebration, AB! Congratulations! I appreciate your dependability and support very much, as do so many people here on the threads.. Wishing you a lovely day!
                    Big Waves and Hugs to the whole Café Team!!!xx

Comment

Just popping in for a cuppa and to say:
                      Happy 5 years Cowboy!!
                      Thank you for all your love and service here. I’ve learned more from you than I could ever thank you for. But thank you my friend.
                      Mary Lou

A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty. Winston Churchill

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Huge congrats Cowboy on your 5th anniversary af! Thanks for inspiring so many of us here at MWO. The Sunday brekkies are pretty good too!!!

Another day in the deep freeze here this morning, apparently it feels like -36C. Think I’ll take their word for it. Jessie and I did manage a walk yesterday afternoon but it’s too dangerous to be out today.

Have a great af Sunday everyone.

QW
                        Last edited by Quit wining; January 12, 2020, 10:30 AM.
                        AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                        F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Another 24 please at 9:19 am, it is freaking cold outside! -23C, yeah QW it does feel like -36.

5 years Cowboy!!!! Way to GO, Yippee, Yahooo!!! Congratulations! You are an inspiration, thank you for breakfast this morning.
                          Narilly

"Nothing in this World Can take the place of Persistence"
                          "You can have the life you want OR you can Drink"

AF April 12, 2014

Comment

Congrats, Cowboy!! That's Awesome!

Thanks for the great quote Rava! It's perfect for us here.

Hi Marylou and lifechange! Good to see you both!

24 more please and thank you.
                            Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

CONGRATULATIONS!!! Very happy for you.
                              "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
                              AF - 7-27-15

Comment

. Speaking of this, CONGRATS COWBOY for 5 years!!! Thats amazing and you have come a long way, as we all have. Hope you find a way of celebrating this awesome milestone AF of course. Thanks for all you do for all of us. You are like our Fearless Leader! Hope everyone has a great day today. Another 24 for me please and thank you.

Comment

Working...
                                X