No announcement yet.

~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good to hear that you've got positive news from your Doc [MENTION=19596]Slo[/MENTION], I think we all want our bodies to heal faster than they can, especially as we get older!

Great quote this morning [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION]! I'm sure most of us remember things we did when we were drinking and still get reminded of them from time to time. But we do have to let them go. If we continue to live in the past, we put up roadblocks to a much better future!

I think temperatures are relative to where we live [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION]. To me a -20C (-4F) is a normal winter day and others wonder how we can survive in that! But then lots of people experience temps in the 90'sF (30'sC) and I would die in that heat! You can layer up for the cold, but you can only take so many clothes off lol.
    Last edited by abcowboy; January 22, 2020, 08:09 AM.
    Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
    Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
    Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

5:59 am in Vegas another 24
      I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
      Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Good reminder, QW.

Off to Tucson for a few days. I'll take another 24, please and thank you!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

We warmed up to above freezing yesterday, a nice change from the deep freeze. I’m with you Cowboy, I tolerate cold much better than heat, I guess because of what we’re used to.

I came across this while looking for quotes and I thought that while not quote-worthy, it was worth sharing. Deja Poo - when you’ve seen the same crap before! I think most of have experienced this!!

Have a great af Wednesday everyone.

QW
          Last edited by Quit wining; January 22, 2020, 01:13 PM.
          AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
          F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

A quick check in from cloudy southwestern Ohio. 24 more please and thank you.
            Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Stay alive for your other selves. The people you’ll become.
              You’re more than a bad week, or month or Christmas. You are a future of multifarious possibility. You are another self at a point in future time, looking back in gratitude that this lost and former you held on.
              Stay.
              Matt Haig

I read this several times today and although the author had at one time considered ending his life, the message applies to many of us here, especially those starting out. Or those who have relapsed or those who are having the feckits.

QW

24/7/365

Comment

Loved that quote QW! Sobriety can certainly bring out the best in ourselves! Definitely worth hanging on during the rough parts of our journey, and never losing sight of the person that we are striving to be.

Another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

Powerful quote today QW. Thanks for finding it. Another 24 for me please and thank you.

Comment

5:50am in Alberta, 24 more for me please, and thanks...

-7C (20F) this morning with light fog, but no snow to shovel!

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                    [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
                    Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                    Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                    Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

6:06 am in Vegas I'm not drinking today.
                      I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                      Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

I'll take another 24, please and thank you!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Pauly, your signature saying “I’m taking care of the tomorrow me” ties in perfectly with today’s quote.

Just in between doctors appointments, catch up later.

QW

24/7/365

Comment

Another good quote today, QW. It took a couple of readings of it before it sunk in, but it was worth it.

24 more please and thank you.
                            Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Every saint has a past, and every sinner has a future Oscar Wilde

I like this quote. Over the years I’ve met many people who put on a front but in reality are nowhere near as nice as they would have us believe. And I’ve seen people overcome adversities to achieve great things. Like getting and staying sober!

QW
                              Last edited by Quit wining; January 23, 2020, 11:21 PM.

24/7/365

Comment

Good morning and another good quote QW. Hope everyone has a great Friday. Another 24 for me please and thanks!

Comment

Working...
                                X