No announcement yet.

~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good to hear from you Quit wining! I'm more than a bit envious as well, in more ways than one lol.

30gpm would be considered a very rare well up here dill. Most of the wells around these parts run in the 6-8gpm, some being as low as 1.5, others as high as 10-12. You definitely don't have to worry about running out of water!

I'm definitely liking your attitude about drinking paulywogg! Firm in your quit and positive attitude!

Everyone sees those black triangles Rava. You "click" on it to report a post that you find offensive or you think is breaking one of the Forum's rules. Not sure when or if we'll ever see the like, thank, or mention features return.

I find that I'm spending more time getting rest and being able to relax than when I was drinking! And my sleep is definitely a whole lot better now!
    Last edited by abcowboy; February 11, 2020, 07:57 AM.
    Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
    Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
    Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

“Alcohol use is a leading risk factor for global disease burden and causes substantial health loss. We found that the risk of all-cause mortality, and of cancers specifically, rises with increasing levels of consumption, and the level of consumption that minimizes health loss is zero.”

-from Alcohol Use and Burden for 195 Countries and Territories, 1990-2016: A Systematic Analysis for the Global Burden of Disease Study 2016
      Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.

Comment

Thanks, Slo. I like these factoids. I'm an information junky!

Thanks for the chuckle, QW. Have a great time!

Awww, wells. Good times. I think I shared with you guys that in our county in WA, we have to buy a meter and pay the county for what we use. If you use nothing you still pay $12.50 a month service charge. We have about 12gpm and all in we are at $15,000. Sure hope this one last a long time!!!

I'll take another 24, please and thank you!

Comment

The expense for the well was even more than you estimated, Dill. It’s always something! Sounds like you’re all set with a very good well now though. And what a bonus that the water tastes good too.

Your hike to that cave looked like it was worth it by the photos, Ginger; but what a challenging climb to get there at the end!

I can take the dog for a walk for 10 minutes now after knee surgery, but tried to do a more normal 20-25 minute one this weekend, and it was too much.

That’s interesting that your friends turned up to surprise you, QW! I hope they’re not big drinkers. It’s so great that you have a way to soak up some sun & warmth now, to break up the Canadian winter.

Our snow still looks so pretty outside!

Looking to add another day sober here, and grateful for a routine day.
          Last edited by Slo; February 11, 2020, 08:30 AM.

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

We’re off to the archery and shooting range this morning. Beach time this afternoon before tepenyaki at the Japanese restaurant this evening.

Last night at supper, there was a complimentary beverage at my place at the table, when I returned from the salad bar. I asked Mrs QW if she’d tried hers and was there alcohol. Yes to both. I gave my drink to my buddy when he finished his and I stuck with water. Hey Cowboy, I had a steak last night and it was darn near as good as Alberta AAA.

Have a great af Tuesday everyone!

QW
            AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
            F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

QW how awesome you met your friends down there, what a nice surprise Slo, how is your knee btw? Do you feel better after the iron drain or no difference? Off to see my quack doctor this afternoon and see where I'm at, 6:02 am in Vegas another 24
              I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
              Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Ginger, that makes no sense to me that you must pay the county for water used?! That is not the case here and I hope it stays that way! Our water never goes to a treatment plant because we have a septic tank and leach field. We pay to have the septic emptied, but that's all. Why on earth would you have to pay for water you pumped out of the aquifer? It eventually returns to the aquifer naturally over time it seems to me. Do you have to pay for a water treatment facility?

24 more please and thank you.
                Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Dill, nope. Water comes straight from the well to our home. We have our own septic too so nothing being processed at all. The county doesn't own the water so there is litigation going on now to try and stop this madness. We will see!

Comment

Ginger that's crazy that you have to pay someone for water that comes out of your own well! I'm grateful that it hasn't come down to that here in N.Y. but I wouldn't be surprised if it happens in the near future.

Good job passing on the booze QW! I know that your vacation will be much more enjoyable without it!

Can I borrow your shovel cowboy? Looks like we're in for another six inches of snow tonight. On a much more positive note, I was out yesterday at 5:30 and it was still light outside! Yay!

Another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

I hope the People prevail, Ginger! That situation is so wrong!

I have absolutely nothing planned for today and I am glad of it! The previous two days were pretty much booked from start to finish. It was too much for this retired gal! I am going to have a day of rest.

How is you vacation going QW? Wonderful, I'm sure! Well done passing on the drink. It wouldn't have added any value to your trip.

Sounds like you are in for a winter wonderland, Jude! I think it is just going to miss us this time, thank goodness.

24 please and thank you.
                      Last edited by dill; February 12, 2020, 06:34 AM.
                      Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Good morning Cafe. QW great job on sticking with water. Sounds like you are having a great time on vacation! Ginger, I had no idea anyone pays for their own damned water. WOW. That really takes the cake. Slo, hope your knee continues to heel so that you can get back to your normal routine. Hope everyone has a great day. Another 24 for me please and thank you.

Comment

5:50am in Alberta, I'll have another 24 please, and thanks...

Brrrrr, -24C (-11F) here, I should be with QW!

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:

Jude58, Rava, Slo, Ginger999, Quit wining, paulywogg, dill, abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
                          Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                          Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                          Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

“Rest should be a rhythm we create, not a rescue from our burnout.”

-kristinandelle.com
                            Last edited by Slo; February 12, 2020, 08:23 AM.

Comment

Busy couple of days helping my friend paint her bedroom and then my sisters are here! Can't wait. I'll take another 24, please and thank you!

Comment

The archery and shooting range sounds fun activity, QW. You can’t sit on the beach all the time!

That’s cold, Cowboy! Sounds like QW picked a good week to vacate Canada.

Paying for well water...wonder if this could be part of the future what with increasing water shortages? But the people are are saying No!

Pauly, I don’t notice a difference in how I feel from giving blood. It must be subtle. Is your iron level coming up?

My knee is coming along, slowly as they do. I am able to take stairs one at a time now! Not every time I go up & down doing laundry & such or it would be too much, but I am capable of it now anyways.
                                It sure makes me have to find a rhythm to activity and rest, because I can only be on it so much. I look forward to the day when it might be “normal”.

Glad you get a day of rest to balance out your back-to-back days, Dill! 24 more for hours for me, please.

Comment

Working...
                                X