~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Embrace and love all of yourself - past, present, and future.
    Forgive yourself quickly and as often as necessary. Encourage yourself. Tell yourself good things about yourself.
    ~Melody Beattie~

24 more please
    Last edited by dill; February 24, 2020, 06:44 AM.
    Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Good morning and thanks for yesterdays breakfast Cowboy. Huge pan for sure! Was sleeping so well last night until a crazy skype call came in at 3 am. I didn’t answer as it was from a unknown weird number. Scared the crap outta me. Normally I know I should turn my phone off but prefer to leave it on in case of an emergency with one of the kids. Getting a visit today from a neighbor who is thinking of getting a winter place here. I would LOVE to have them here. You just never know how it will turn out! Hope everyone has a great day. Another 24 for me please and thank you.

Comment

Slo, thanks for answering my question about the supplements. I have a friend that freelances on her use of supplements and I worry about that for her sometimes. In fact at one of her doctor visits the doc told her she was going overboard on there use and to dial back. She brushed that advice aside. She says doctors don't anything about supplements. I think perhaps they know more than she thinks. I always seek my doctors advice on supplementation. And long may your well last! I'm sure you will not have the troubles like we have. Our original well was put in sometime in the 1930's.

Cowboy, what a great breakfast yesterday! Thanks so much for taking such good care of us!

QW, I was watching an old, old Clint Eastwood film the other day and it was filmed in Mexico. It was really something to see those landscapes and old monasteries! The movie was called Two Mules for Sister Sarah and it was pure Eastwood. Shirley McClain played Sister Sarah. It was funny how much mascara she was able to find while crossing the dessert riding a burrow and being chased by French soldiers.

Have a good sober Monday, one and all!
        Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

5:40am in Alberta, another 24 please, and thanks...

-14C (7F) this morning, but going to be a decent daytime high...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
          [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=1354]narilly[/MENTION] [MENTION=19596]Slo[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
          Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
          Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
          Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

I love watching the old Clint Eastwood spaghetti westerns [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION]! And the John Wayne movies as well!
            Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
            Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
            Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

5:59 am in Vegas another 24 Slo and Dill I think some docs know alot about supplements, I was surprised when one I seen was taking a few of the same ones I take, other docs tho just wanna push prescription meds waves to the gang and wishes for a wonderful AF day!
              I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
              Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Thanks for the Melody quote, Dill. Her books helped me out of a very bad relationship many, many years ago.

Last few days with my sisters. I'll be sad when they leave. Wish I could talk them into wintering down here but one can't yet and the other never will. Guess I better just be happy with the 2 weeks I get!

I'll take another 24, please and thank you!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Great quote Dill! I hadn’t heard of the author before but I’ll be looking up info online.

I have faith in my doc for prescribing meds but I also consult with my pharmacist to ensure there are no possible negative drug interactions.

Winter returned last night, there’s a few inches of snow to deal with this morning. I’m wishing we were back in Mexico but something I’ve done for years is to start planning the next trip and today seems like a good day to begin. Has anyone been to Curaçao?

Have a great af Monday everyone!

QW
                  AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                  F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Another 24 please & thank you.

That sounds so fun for you to have two solid weeks with your sisters, Ginger!

My HB loves John Wayne and spaghetti westerns too. I look at it more like Dill does (All that mascara in the desert? Really? And how will she get it all off at bedtime?) Haha

I made meatloaf for my daughter (with the baby) last week! Except mine isn’t world-famous like QW’s, but good enough.
                    It turns out that that sonny-in-law doesn’t like my cooking!...but I don’t care, since he’s not the one I’m trying to feed. I want to help my daughter continue to heal from her rough pregnancy, and fortify her body to be able to do all that nursing & pumping. He can eat whatever he wants.

My real doctor wouldn’t understand my supplements very well; it’s my “quack doctor” (as Pauly calls hers) who is prescribing for me. But his recommendations are based on “test don’t guess”, so we’re not shooting blindly.

I have never been to Curaçao, QW.

Sweet dreams to all~
                    Last edited by Slo; February 24, 2020, 10:15 PM.
                    Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.

Comment

I'm looking forward to the future, and feeling grateful for the past.
                      ~Mike Rowe~

24 for all!
                      Dill

Comment

Great quote this morning [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION]! Love John Wayne movies, even if they do Gallup past the same rock over and over!

Another 24 and thank you!

Comment

Thanks for the quote Dill. Hope everyone has a great and AF day! Another 24 for me please and thanks!

Comment

5:45am in Alberta, 24 more for me please, and thanks...

Brrrrr, -18C (0F) this morning, off to check out a heating problem in a calving barn...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                            [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=19596]Slo[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

Comment

Great quote [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION]! You know, sometimes I'm grateful for my past, not so much for the experience, but for what it taught me...

Comment

I've never been to Mexico, QW. Hubby doesn't want to go. I'd love to go though. May have to plan a sister trip there!☺

Headed toward the 80s this weekend. Pool time!

I'll take another 24, please and thank you!

Comment

Working...
                                X