Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Great quote Dill. I look back at my 30 year career in banking and for most of that time I was unhappy but it gave me the tools I needed when I found my perfect job as a small business consultant and economic developer.

Ginger, where we go in Mexico is the Mayan Riviera, a little over an hour from Cancun, to a resort among many other resorts. We’ve never felt unsafe because we mostly stay at the resort but if we take a tour, we make sure it’s arranged by the resort. The people we’ve met are great - hard working & friendly. The weather has always been nicer than what we leave at home. The food is fabulous.
    We do our best to stay out of harms way, much the same as we do at home.
    If you can’t convince hubby to go, a sister trip sounds like a perfect solution.

Very cold here too Cowboy. Hope you’re not out too long at the calving barn.

Have a great af Tuesday everyone!

QW
    AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
    F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Happy Un Hung Tuesday everyone. Nothing like waking up early and feeling good, I am grateful for that everyday.

Mexico is awesome. I second what QW says above.

-5C at 10:23 in Calgary. Looks like it is warming up over the next few days, thank goodness for chinooks!
      Have a good one.
      Narilly

"Nothing in this World Can take the place of Persistence"
      "You can have the life you want OR you can Drink"

AF April 12, 2014

Comment

Back from a daylong bus trip to a couple “yesteryear” museums, and lunch out plus an ice cream stop, with sis-IL w/ dementia. It was a nice day!

That’s the same area where I would vacation in Mexico too. Since we now don’t have to worry about drinking the tainted alcohol that they serve there to tourists, we should be fine!

Hope you had a good visit with your friends from back home, Rava. That would be great if they decide to winter there in Florida too!

I’m eating too much lately, especially sugar. In other words, addiction-hopping!

Yay, my shows are on tonight! Time for popcorn &TV! Ending an AF day here.
        Last edited by Slo; February 25, 2020, 09:23 PM.
        Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.

Comment

While riding Homer last night, he decided to take a sharp turn to the right, and my body exited the saddle on the left. Let me tell you...dirt doesn't taste very good! Thankfully, no broken bones, but I am mighty sore today! In the past, I would have downed several glasses of wine to kill the pain; these days, my go to is a big bottle of Tylenol!

Hope that everyone has a great AF Wednesday! Another sober day please and thank you!

Comment

“You can't go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.”
            C.S. Lewis~
            Last edited by dill; February 26, 2020, 06:32 AM.
            Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

24 please and thank you.

Oh Jude! So glad you did not break anything!

Slo, I have been eating a lot lately too and it needs to stop!

Have a great, sober 24 everyone.
              Last edited by dill; February 26, 2020, 06:31 AM.
              Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Good morning . Jude, so glad you are ok.. Must have been scary! Rainy day in Florida, still better than a cold day back home. Hope everyone has a great and AF day! Another 24 for me please and thank you.

Comment

5:30am in Alberta, I'll have another 24 please, and thanks...

-8C (18F) in Alberta, working inside today of course lol

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                  [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=1354]narilly[/MENTION] [MENTION=19596]Slo[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
                  Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                  Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                  Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

It's cake day in the Café!

Huge congrats of your 1 year AF [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION]!
                    Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                    Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                    Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Congratulations QW! Jude I'm so glad you weren't hurt bad in that fall! Slo, the tainted alcohol I mostly seen in the news was in Costa Rica I think but I'm sure they cut corners everywhere, talk about scary being in some other country and getting sick yikes, 5:43 am in Vegas another 24
                      I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                      Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

That's one of my favorite quotes, Dill.

Jude! I'm so glad you are ok. Hope the soreness passes quickly.

Thanks for the Mexico tips, QW. Now I want to go more than ever! Congrats on one year too!

Happy humpday everyone! I'll take another 24, please and thank you!

Comment

Another 24 please, 9:15 in Calgary. Going up to 5C today, oh yeah!
                          Narilly

"Nothing in this World Can take the place of Persistence"
                          "You can have the life you want OR you can Drink"

AF April 12, 2014

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Thanks for the cake Cowboy! It’s hard to believe I’ve gone a year without alcohol, first time in almost 50 years. Somehow this quit just felt different. Whatever it is, I hope it continues!

It warmed up nicely this afternoon, enough to start snow melting. Nice to see.

Hope everyone is enjoying their Wednesday af.

QW
                            AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                            F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

“When one burns one's bridges, what a very nice fire it makes.”
                              ― Dylan Thomas

Congratulations to you, QW! What a wonderful feeling of accomplishment you must have. And thank you for sharing it with us, one day at a time! When you say it just felt different this time I pondered what the missing piece was that you finally found. I'm happy for you. This quote seems odd, I know, but it seems to me that burning bridges is not always a bad thing. If one burns a bridge to something that is harmful it is a wonderful thing to see and a celebration!

24 more for all of us here, please and thank you.
                              Dill

Comment

Congrats QW on 1 year! Great accomplishment! Hope everyone has a good day. Another 24 for me please and thank you.

Comment

Working...
                                X