No announcement yet.

~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

5:25am in Alberta, I'll have another 24 please, and thanks...

-4C (25F) this morning, going to be another spring-like day!

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
    [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
    Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
    Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
    Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Great to see you back again [MENTION=9396]DriftyAlison0[/MENTION]! The quote from [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] about our AV is spot on, and once we realize that our AV is actually nothing more than a thought as [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] said, it makes it easier to just dismiss the thought. And everything we loved doing while drinking, can be enjoyed just as much without drinking, but you might have to stay away from those activities until you know you can do them sober...

This mega clean you're talking about [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] is shock chlorinating I presume? I'm not a water or well expert, but I can't see why a simple chlorine injection system wouldn't do the job and make the water safe.
      Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
      Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
      Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

5:58 am in Vegas another 24
        I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
        Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

I wasn’t able to take Jessie for a walk yesterday but hope to make up for it today. We have more winter coming in the next few days so I’ll take advantage of better conditions today. My fear is falling on ice or Jessie chasing something while I’m holding on to her leash.

Have a great af Wednesday everyone!

QW
          AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
          F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

My website is having issues so have to get to work. I'll check back later. I'll take another 24, please and thank you!

Comment

24 more, please and thank you.

Really good quote, QW. I like Eckhart Tolle's books

Yes, Cowboy, I believe it is called shock chlorination.

Ginger, I do like the gabapentin. One thing about it is it helps me sleep. It doesn't make me feel sleepy or help me fall asleep, but it does help me sleep better somehow. I also take naproxen sodium (Aleve) sometimes.

Welcome to the café, Drifty!
              Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Hi Drifty! Pull up a chair and stay awhile. Glad you are here.

QW, hope you are able to get out today but do be careful! Don't need a fall. Thanks for the quote! My AV has been niggling in my ear. Not sure why at this time. Who knows but I'm ignoring it! I love waking up unhung!

Resolved the web issue. I built and manage yvpr.org for a nonprofit pet rescue organization. It's a great group of people and I love doing my part but I must admit I'm growing weary of technology. Just not sure how to walk away and leave them high and dry. It would cost them a small fortune to pay for web support. Ugh.....volunteering is good for us. Right? 😍

Comment

Originally posted by dill View Post
                  24 more, please and thank you.

Really good quote, QW. I like Eckhart Tolle's books

Yes, Cowboy, I believe it is called shock chlorination.

Ginger, I do like the gabapentin. One thing about it is it helps me sleep. It doesn't make me feel sleepy or help me fall asleep, but it does help me sleep better somehow. I also take naproxen sodium (Aleve) sometimes.

Welcome to the café, Drifty!
                  Dill, you take it at night then?

Comment

It gets easier. Every day it gets a little easier. But you gotta do it every day. That’s the hard part.

I think we’ve all found this to be true whether we’re early in our quits or long time abstainers. The alcoholic voice in our heads can show up at any time, even long time abstainers experience it.

And that’s one of the main reasons I check in to the Cafe regularly, sometimes multiple times a day. I want to be one of the long time abstainers, so I hold myself accountable to my Cafe friends, take nothing for granted and take it one day at a time.

Have a great af Thursday everyone!

QW
                    AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                    F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Thanks for the great quote yesterday [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION]! I was driving by the liquor store last night, and the thought crossed my mind about stopping in to buy a bottle of wine. Thankfully, it was a mild urge, and I easily ignored it. If it had happened several months ago, the craving would have been hard to resist. Things do get a bit easier the farther you are from your last drink.

Another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

Good quote QW. Doing it everyday is definitely the hard part. And when we screw up we get right back up and start all over. Once we cross the line with our drinking there is never going back to a normal drinking life. Ginger, your volunteer job sounds good and the fact that you can do it from home is even better. Hope everyone has a great day. Another 24 for me please and thank you.

Comment

5:25am in Alberta, 24 more please, and thanks...

-6C (22F) this morning with colder weather and more snow on the way...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                          [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

Comment

6:01 am in Vegas another 24 Ginger, I had an urge on Monday, that voice! It was a day that everything just kept being annoying so of course that db voice decides to speak up, also thing the warmer weather brings it out, no too gross to go back to
                            I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                            Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

I can’t believe you’re getting more snow, Cowboy! Well, I guess it it Canada. We woke up to a lovely blanket of snow here yesterday, but then it fogged up and rained and it all melted throughout the day.

Love the quote today, QW! That is the reality of it. I do make it easier on myself by skipping some things; like I am not in Las Vegas now at the convention, even though HB, BIL & SIL, and D2 & her HB are all there; and D3 & her HB might join them too. I am happily at home, staying away from large crowds and airplanes that might give me the corona virus, and nursing this aching knee that I overused and strained at the water park.

It definitely does get easier to ignore the AV voice with more distance. I do wish that an AF wine could be constructed that retains some of the complex flavors of real wine. They have succeeded with AF beer, but AF wine is pretty foul.

Correction: there are not two full moons this month; that is in June. But this one was a super moon, which pulls on me a bit more. But that made it big & beautiful! The next two are super moons as well.

I like hearing the details about your well, Dill, and learning from all of you.

I’m in similar shape as most of you too, with neck issues, back issues in my sacral spine, this damn knee, one repaired shoulder, and another one that has a problem. It’s fun to watch little kids run around, with their young bodies that work perfectly.
                              I have high hopes that your two-part neck surgery will give you a pain-free and better-functioning neck, QW!

Got my baby fix yesterday, as I drove SIL w/ dementia up to meet Beckett! We brought in lunch and visited with D1, and took a dog walk/stroller ride together. Gosh is he cute!!

Wishing an easy AF day for us!
                              Last edited by Slo; March 12, 2020, 11:40 AM.
                              Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.

Comment

Our neighbor next door is stockpiling food, etc. Even bought another freezer and two respirators in preparation for Corona virus. People around us are starting to panic. We aren't too worried yet but staying away from crowds and washing our hands a lot! Hope this thing gets better soon.

I'll take another 24, please and thank you!

Comment

Working...
                                X