~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Happy Un Hung Monday everyone. Another 24 please at 9:43am in Calgary, it is going to +10C today, yippee!!!

My quote of the day:

"To the person who stole my anti depressants. I hope you are happy."

I put this on my Facebook page, it just cracked me up.

Have a good one xo
    Narilly

"Nothing in this World Can take the place of Persistence"
    "You can have the life you want OR you can Drink"

AF April 12, 2014

Comment

Sorry for the weird array of quotes but I'm in and out of service and taking advantage of wifi....
      "No one saves us but ourselves. No one can and no one may. We ourselves must walk the path.” —Buddha
      I'll take another 24, please and thank you!

Comment

Another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

5:45am in Alberta, 24 more for me please, and thanks...

-5C (22F) this morning with a bit of snow to shovel...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
          [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=19596]Slo[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=1354]narilly[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
          Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
          Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
          Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Originally posted by narilly View Post
            Happy Un Hung Monday everyone. Another 24 please at 9:43am in Calgary, it is going to +10C today, yippee!!!

My quote of the day:

"To the person who stole my anti depressants. I hope you are happy."

I put this on my Facebook page, it just cracked me up.

Have a good one xo
            Very funny, Narilly! Thanks for the laugh.

Ginger, I don't think you quotes have been weird at all! I have really liked them all, especially today's. Thinking about my ex DIL a lot lately because the last time I saw her she looked so very awful. I keep beating myself up over not being able to help her. The quote helped me remember that it isn't really up to me.

How are you doing Slo? Has the funeral happened yet?

QW, how is you recovery coming along?

24 more, please and thank you.
            Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Good morning. Still thinking about you Slo. I understand crappy family dynamics, I am also a product of it. I can’t blame my addiction issues totally on that but it certainly contributed to my insecurities and reactions to unpleasant situations. Our brothers did not escape from those dynamics but we did. We should be proud of what we have overcome. Dill, I did get the Neil Diamond Twitter thank you. Ginger, I hope you continue to travel safely. I am thinking we will be leaving in May but who knows how things will play out. Right now we are at least in the warm and sunny weather. Everything is shut down. I’m trying the limit the news because it makes me start to panic. Hope everyone has a good and AF day. Another 24 for me please and thank you.

Comment

Hitting the road. Should be home by 5p. I'll take another 24.....

Comment

You are helping your DIL massively by supporting her children, Dill; by loving them and helping to raise them when she can’t. It gives her the space to heal.

Tomorrow Golden Child bro & his wife will enter my brother’s apartment to assess what we have to move, and try to find legal documents. I have never been in my brother’s house, townhouse, condo, nor this apartment that he has lived in for a long time. I thought HB was lucky to be able to enter his place when he lived nearer to us once, to help him move a TV. Once long ago we stopped by this one when detours took us right by his road, so I wanted to stop...but he was angry. He kept perfectly appointed places and abhors a mess, but his home was like a safety fortress that no one was allowed to visit.
                  I just really want to go too, to feel near him and feel him in his abode; but it’s a good distance, and it just doesn’t make sense in light of this pandemic.

Yes, Rava. Not all of us are going to be lucky enough and skilled enough, and supported enough, to be able to escape the deep harm caused by the abuse, rejection, belittling, bullying, favoritism...all that sort of thing, done to us in our growing years by our families. Especially if it is trauma that we had to bury, and so isn’t quite conscious anymore. It’s just a big, festering, unconscious hurt that we can’t quite face nor quite put our finger on. I think that’s how it was for my bro.
                  I suppose his cremation probably is today.

[MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] and [MENTION=21602]abcowboy[/MENTION], I’m so sorry that your income is being severely affected by all this. It is so unfair to people who provide service. I can only hope that it will be short-lived.

Another day of staying away from booze, please.
                  Last edited by Slo; March 24, 2020, 08:31 AM.
                  Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Another day of hunkering down and avoiding people who ignore common sense and direction from authorities to stay home.

Thanks for asking about my neck Dill, it’s much better than before.

QW
                    AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                    F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Thinking of you [MENTION=19596]Slo[/MENTION],it's really hard! And like you I kept backtracking and wishing I spent more time also trying to put the puzzle together about the how's, what's, why's could I have helped?Etc 6:41 am in Vegas another 24
                      I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                      Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Here is the corned beef recipe that I use, QW:

Slow Cooker Corned Beef Supper Recipe | Taste of Home

It’s very good! I personally don’t put the onion in, because HB doesn’t like them, and I have taken to using some parsnips & turnips too. I also tend to cook on high for the first 2-3 hours, then finish on low. Maybe not necessary though. And actually the cabbage needs longer to cook if on low.
                        Last edited by Slo; March 25, 2020, 03:06 AM.

Comment

I know you did, Pauly. How can we not, in these early days?? It’s just eating me up too.

Good news, QW, that now that you’re pretty healed from your neck surgeries, that it was a success. Wish it could’ve made your neck perfect though! But at least it did help a lot.
                          Last edited by Slo; March 24, 2020, 09:08 AM.

Comment

Happy Un Hung Tuesday everyone. Another 24 please at 11:14. -6 or so outside.
                            Narilly

"Nothing in this World Can take the place of Persistence"
                            "You can have the life you want OR you can Drink"

AF April 12, 2014

Comment

Wednesday's quote:
                              Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying 'I will try again tomorrow.'
                              --Mary Anne Radmacher

I'll take another 24, please and thank you!

Comment

5:25am in Alberta, I'll have another 24 please, and thanks...

-8C (18F) this morning with a wee bit of snow to shovel, and it's still snowing...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                                [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=19596]Slo[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=1354]narilly[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
                                Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                                Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                                Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Working...
                                X