~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Another wonderful quote, Ginger! Courage does indeed have many faces. I like the thought of 'quiet courage'.

Slo, thank you for the recipe link. I may give it a try here soon. One way I have kept myself occupied during these time of social distancing is by cooking. Something different would be fun. As for my DIL, I think you have the wrong impression. I would feel really good about the situation if indeed we were giving her time and space for healing. But that's not what's happening. She is being diminished daily physically and spiritually by her addiction and mental health issues. Just as you and Pauly deal with your questions about your brothers, I am doing the same over her because where she is headed is likely death. They say "Where there is life, there is hope." But I don't see it in this situation. I don't know how to help her and I suspect that I cannot. Other than to offer her encouragement. But I am cut off from her now. She doesn't answer the phone if I call. She is a lost soul.

QW I am glad your neck is improving. Will there be any physical therapy needed? How long is the anticipated recovery time? Have you noticed less pain or is it too soon to know?

[MENTION=21602]abcowboy[/MENTION], how are you doing? You have been so quiet lately. How is Hank? Our Tessa is slowing down but still enjoying life. Kinda' like me!

24 more please and thank you.
    Last edited by dill; March 25, 2020, 06:28 AM.
    Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Good morning and great quote Ginger. I guess you slept in your own bed last night? Another day staying away from people. Looking forward to getting back to a normal routine. Hope everyone has a great day. Another 24 for me please and thank you.

Comment

You’re right [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION], I have been a bit quiet, not much happening to write about and I guess I should be grateful for that! Hank is doing okay, Bubba says he mopes around with a sad face when I’m not there but I give him lots of attention when I’m over there! I meant to ask how the shock chlorinating went and if the count went down now?

Death in the immediate family is tough for anyone [MENTION=19596]Slo[/MENTION], but all the circumstances surrounding your brother’s death make it even tougher to deal with. Hang in there and rely on the good memories you have of him!

Hopefully you made it home safe and sound [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION]! Your quotes have been fantastic this week, especially in the difficult conditions we all are now going through!

If I were you [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION], I’d stay put in the sun until this whole thing starts to diminish! No sense taking any chances!

My workload has decreased significantly for sure! We’re not to bad off financially, but if things stay the same long-term, it will definitely impact all of us. I’m staying positive through all this, or as positive as I can be. I think most of us who live in the lower populated areas feel a bit of a (false?) sense of security, but if lock-downs do happen up here, and I think they are coming, I’ll still be able to get over to Vegreville because of my profession, drain surgeon lol.

I went and got groceries Monday when I got home, the only shelves that were bare were the sanitizing products and bread! There was lots of the whole wheat and brown bread to choose from, but not a package of any kind of white to pick from. I picked up a couple of loaves of whole wheat as I like it better anyway!

Stay safe my friends, this will eventually end and vaccines will become available, we just need to stay as positive as we can…
        Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
        Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
        Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Another 24 please in these uncertain times....

Comment

I know what you mean about the bread, Cowboy. I eat Ezekiel brand bread (frozen, brown) and a dark German rye bread, and I noticed that my breads were perfectly in stock while all the white bread was gone! But by now even mine are probably depleted.

I’m sorry that my awkward attempt to comfort missed the mark, Dill. Actually I do understand that you’re losing your DIL to addiction, that I’m guessing is opioids or heroin, and that she is getting almost to the point of being beyond hope or help (but never say never), and that this can easily end in death. I am so very sorry. I understand the feeling of helplessness. I was feeling for close to a year now that my brother was sinking. I didn’t know he was suicidal, but could feel him sinking into depression and pulling away. It is such an awful feeling to watch and to not be able to reach.

Like Ginger’s quote today, I think he was bravely putting one foot in front of the other and trying to go on each day, until he ran out of steam and it was too much to go on. I am proud of him for trying and keeping on going for as long as he could, to 52 years old.

Thank you, Cowboy. To think my brother was alive all day today a week ago! Ugh.

Home sweet home, Ginger.
            Best to stay away from New York/New Jersey is my thoughts too, Rava.

I need another day of hunkering down sober.
            Last edited by Slo; March 25, 2020, 08:09 AM.
            Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.

Comment

It's good to be home! Sitting here having my morning coffee and thinking of all my blessings. You guys are counted in those! Happy to be asking for another 24...

Comment

Another 24 hours please a& thank you.

Thanks for asking how my neck is doing. I made the decision to put physio on hold for a while. The clinic is open but I’m concerned about catching and bringing this virus home. Mrs QW’s immune system is compromised because of her PD so we’ll continue hunkering down.

Slo, thanks for the corned beef recipe, looking forward to trying it.

Jessie and I enjoyed a walk yesterday, hope to get out this afternoon.

Have a great af Wednesday everyone.

QW
                AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

They can all have the white bread Slo and Cowboy! I'm a brown bread girl anyways I get worried about how many people are going to get a bad depression through all of this, I feel very depressed not having my routine and I can imagine others are feeling the same I can imagine if this goes on how many suicides there will be, ugh sorry to be a downer, I've been down that's why I haven't felt like posting much or talking with my Steppers group, I don't wanna rain on anyone's parade and kill their positivity, 6:47 am in Vegas another 24
                  I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                  Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Thursday's guote...

I'll take another 24, please and thank you!

Comment

Leaving this right here..

Comment

Thanks for the positive quotes Ginger, and glad that you made it home safe and sound!

Another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

5:40am in Alberta, 24 more please, and thanks...

Another morning like yesterday, except no snow to shovel!

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                          [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=19596]Slo[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
                          Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                          Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                          Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

I agree with [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION], great positive quotes [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION], we all have to be positive and look forward to a better future! You have a beautiful house and what a view!!

Comment

Good morning Cafe. Ginger, your view is beautiful. I love your picture!!! Glad you are home safely. Pauly, I get it about being depressed. We all need a routine. I’m trying to ride my bike and walk the dog but it really doesn't compare to working out at the gym. It will have to do for now. Limiting my time watching the news is also helping. I’m hooked on Tiger King on Netflix. What a show! Hope everyone has a good day without drinking. We got this!

Comment

I loved today's quote and beautiful image, Ginger. You are doing a fantastic job, especially considering you have been transitioning back home this week. Thank you.:love:

Cowboy, we have not yet done the shock treatment. We called the driller and talked it over with him. He said he will come do it but wanted us to wait 3 weeks. He said sometimes these things clear up with a little time and that we should flush the well each night by running water full bore overnight for the next 3 weeks. After that they will return and do the shock treatment and we will have the health department come back and run another analysis. I reported my last results incorrectly so let me restate them. We had 101.3 CFUs (coliform bacteria colony forming units per 100 ml water). The number should be 4 or less, so that's a significant difference. Fortunately the E. coli CFU is 0.0. Our 3 weeks of running water overnight ends on April 7. We have been able to run the water from a hydrant out in our barn and run the water by hose down to our pond, so it hasn't been too bad as far as that goes.

Slo, sometimes it is hard to express our thoughts clearly on a forum like this. I appreciated your supportive comments. I feel my response to your recent loss has been inadequate but I have really been at a loss for words. I do apologize for that.

Pauly, I'm afraid depression is going to be a fact of life here for the duration. I hope we can all find ways to cope. I have a favor tho. If you still talk to the Steppers and you have a way to get a message to Rusty, please tell her I think of her often. I too miss the steppers thread as I used to check in to read there sometimes.

24 more please and thank you.
                                Last edited by dill; March 26, 2020, 07:35 AM.
                                Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Working...
                                X