~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Good morning and welcome Neo. Sorry about your slip Pauly. You came right back and that’s what matters. Slo, thinking of you and hope you managed to get thru the funeral. Thanks Ginger for the positive post. Congrats Drifty on 3 weeks. Hope everyone has a good day and finds something to do. Another 24 for me please and thanks.

Comment

6:05am in Alberta, 24 for me and everyone else who needs them please, and thanks...

-8C (18F) in Vegreville this morning, snow and freezing rain for later in the day...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
      [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=22857]Neo[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=9396]DriftyAlison0[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
      Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
      Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
      Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Got breakfast ready, eat in or take out, your choice!

Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
        Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
        Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Great to have you back [MENTION=22857]Neo[/MENTION]! You did it before, you can do it again!!

Hope everything went well at the funeral [MENTION=19596]Slo[/MENTION] :hug:

Way to go on 3 weeks [MENTION=9396]DriftyAlison0[/MENTION]!
          Last edited by abcowboy; March 29, 2020, 07:25 AM.

Comment

5:46 am in Vegas another 24
            I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
            Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

“People who need the most love and affection end up pushing people who love them away.”

-E.F. Jackson

Thanks for pancakes!
              Good job, @DrifyAlison0 on 3 weeks.
              Welcome back, Neo!
              I made it through my brother’s service. It poured rained starting at the time it began, and then stopped when it ended. I wish he would’ve done a “cry for help” suicide instead of the real thing.
              Another 24 hours AF please
              Last edited by Slo; March 29, 2020, 08:00 AM.
              Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.

Comment

Another 24 hours here waking up this morning and being able to be clear headed and not tired and hungover is the best feeling.
                I quit drinking on March 8, 2020. Taking it One Day At A Time and no more taking my quit for granted.

Also doing it for me. I got to stay sober for me.

Just consecrate on today and do what you can to remain sober for today and worry about staying sober tomorrow, tomorrow.

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Thanks for brekkie Cowboy. Pancakes are a favourite comfort food in our house.

Waking up unhung is a great feeling Drifty! Congrats on 3 weeks af!!

Neo, how’re ya goin mate? Great to see you in the Cafe.

We recently switched ISP providers and I opted for the no frills level of service. It only took 2 hours with the alarm company to reprogram the doorbell camera. And yesterday morning I decided to get my wireless printer working. I did, in spite of directions that were useless. That emboldened me to tackle the problem of our malfunctioning PVR/cable box. After spending a mere 2 hours with tech support, everything works! I would have rushed out to buy a lottery ticket except we’re supposed to be in self isolation!

Nice to see gas prices drop to levels we haven’t seen in years. Too bad we can’t go anywhere!

Have a great af Sunday everyone!

QW
                  AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                  F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Slo, thinking of you. I'm so sorry. It's so hard to go through loss without the support of your spouse. Hoping things are better soon.

I'll take another 24, please and thank you!

Comment

Back in .Day 5 complete AF & Cig free. hope i get focus back soon. eating well

Comment

Slo, :hug: :heartbeat:

Thank you for the breakfast, Cowboy. I'll take mine to go!

Thanks Slo for taking the time to post a quote. It is such a true statement too, sadly.

QW, I had to laugh too about the gas prices! Finally really cheap gas and no place to go! Congrats on getting so much accomplished. :welldone!:

Good job on 3 weeks, Drifty and on day 5, Neo.

24 more for me, please and thank you.
                        Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Thanks for breakfast cowboy!

Hugs to you [MENTION=19596]Slo[/MENTION] during this difficult time....

Another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

Good morning Cafe. Another 24 for me please and thank you.

Comment

5:55am in Alberta, another 24 please, and thanks...

-9C (15F) in Vermilion this morning. Snowing hard, windy, with a snowfall warning in effect...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                              [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=19596]Slo[/MENTION] [MENTION=9396]DriftyAlison0[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=22857]Neo[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
                              Last edited by abcowboy; March 30, 2020, 06:55 AM.

Comment

“Happiness is the byproduct of knowing and honoring our inner truth, and being courageous enough to authentically express how we feel and who we are in the world.”

-Shanna Lee

There are many definitions of what it means to be happy floating around out there, but any more THIS is the definition that resonates with me.

You have the patience of a saint to handle all that tech stuff all the way through, QW. You must feel a real sense of accomplishment, though!

How is it going for you at work, [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION]? Any changes due to the pandemic?

Sadly, Dill, yesterday’s quote is spot-on for my brother. The family felt that he was rejecting them/us by not coming to events, but really the opposite was going on: that’s how he was crying out for help. I just, didn’t have the EQ (emotional intelligence) myself to navigate the situation well and figure out how to reach out without setting him off, so would retreat myself...which leaves me with a lot of remorse & guilt to work through. And leaves him dead. I thought I had more time!

24 more hours AF anyways please
                                Last edited by Slo; March 31, 2020, 07:04 AM.
                                Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.

Comment

Working...
                                X