~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

I'm still binge shopping Slo it's just online haha I had to buy a better phone cuz that's basically how I'm earning any money now and I bought the boys a swingset for Easter cuz all the playgrounds are closed here so hubs will set it up in their backyard when it comes, 6:02 am in Vegas another 24
    I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
    Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Dill, wildflowers are my favourite thing to photograph. I’ve never seen the flower you posted as it likely doesn’t grow here. The pic is a nice reminder that it is spring and life will carry on, thanks for posting it.

Slo, it seems on the toughest days the walks with Jessie get longer. It’s not just for my benefit but it gives Mrs QW time to herself too. I don’t know if it’s as beneficial to her as it is to me but it seems like a good way to not get into conflict. How you deal with these situations is key to the other persons well being.

I don’t understand the hoarding mentality. Yesterday, both stores I was in were again out of Lysol wipes and toilet paper. Both products are being produced and shipped so people hoarding is likely the cause. A couple in British Columbia were recently outed for buying Lysol and other products for re-sale on Amazon at outrageous prices. Amazon shut down their account and they were banned from several big box stores. And when interviewed on TV, the husband said he and his wife are hustlers and need to make money to keep their kids in private schools! The premier of Alberta said there’s a special place in hell for people who do this.

Friday and another day to hunker down. Stay safe and af everyone.

QW
      Last edited by Quit wining; April 3, 2020, 08:33 AM.
      AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
      F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Good quote from one of our own, [MENTION=19596]Slo[/MENTION]. How did you know it was my Mom's twin I called? Did I mention that?

Love the flower pic, [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION]. Are those related to bleeding hearts?

Our governor announced last night that he's extending the lockdown until May 4. I'm really starting to worry about some of my family and their ability to stay afloat during this time financially. ☹ So... instead of saying a silent prayer and letting it go, I had a drink. Just one but still. It did no good, just made me feel guilty. Humbly asking for 24.

Comment

Another 24 please, -11C in yyc.

Ginger, take it day by day and keep coming back!

Don't drink today.
          Narilly

"Nothing in this World Can take the place of Persistence"
          "You can have the life you want OR you can Drink"

AF April 12, 2014

Comment

Good morning. Ginger, you came right back. Good for you. This lockdown is creating havoc for everyone in so many different ways. Trying to keep busy and AF is my goal for today. I’m also posting a pic of my hibiscus that I planted when we first got here. Another 24 for me please and thank you.

Comment

Thanks for the flower pics Rava and dill! What a great reminder that life still goes on, despite the current circumstances!

I always hated shopping, (except for books and crafts) so I don't feel that I am missing anything. On the other hand, Mr. J loves to shop, so he is in charge of getting the necessary groceries, even if his excursions are limited to once every couple of weeks!

Glad that you only had one drink Ginger....I don't know that I could have stopped there.

Big hello's to everyone else here at the cafe!

Another sober day please and thank you!

Comment

6:10am in Vegreville, Alberta, I'll have 24 more please, and thanks...

-13C (9F) here with snow coming down. The forecast is for snow right through till Monday night...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=19596]Slo[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=1354]narilly[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
                Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Great quotes this week [MENTION=19596]Slo[/MENTION]! Anxiously awaiting today's!

I hear you on the one drink [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION], but be very careful, you know full well where one can lead....

Love the pics Flower Girls lol. Nature carries on no matter what...
                  Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                  Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                  Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Today’s quote:

“Not all storms come to disrupt your life. Some come to clear your path.”
                    Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.

Comment

6:06 am in Vegas another 24
                      I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                      Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

I never liked shopping much either, Jude. Except I’ve always been fine with grocery shopping, which I still do some.

That’s true, Pauly; we can still shop online!! You’re just making intelligent purchases, not using shopping in a “retail therapy” sort of way like we used alcohol -to make us feel better and to block out pain.

Hibiscus is such a gorgeous flower. But I don’t really like having a potted one on my deck in the Summer, because I don’t know what to do with it when Winter comes. Nice that yours can be planted!

Yes, Ginger, you had mentioned that the aunt that you helped move into an assisted living facility last year is your mom’s twin sister. I remembered because my daughters have always been so close to my twin sister.
                        My twin sister was so suicidal for years, and we had to intervene and worry about that; but then my brother slips in the back door and just goes and does it! AARGH!!!

My uncle lost his wife last year to dementia & Parkinson’s, shortly after her 68th birthday. In his five years of caregiving, he coped by taking his dog on a long walk every morning while she was still sleeping. It really helped him -gave him time to himself and a chance to get out, and relieve the stress.

I need another 24 hours. Remember that ETOH will end up back in control in no time, so stay away from it!
                        Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Great quote today Slo. Was it Lewy Body dementia your uncle’s wife had? It’s a nasty, hideous disease. I’ve found, as I’m sure your uncle did, the outside of a dog is good for the inside of man.

So nice to see another flower pic. I have 1,000’s of photos I’ve taken over the years but my favourite is a crocus I shot about 25 years ago. I had the camera set up hanging underneath the tripod, a white light disc behind the flower to provide a clean background and to highlight the finer details of the blossom. Oh yeah, I was lying in elk poop when I took the shot. Back in those days I did as little as possible to disturb the surrounding environment. I was on the grass landing strip of the small airport near Jasper.
                          Hope to see lots more flower pics!

Not sure what happened to spring as we seem to be stuck in colder than usual temps and we had a skiff of snow overnight. Enuf!

Stay safe and have a great af Saturday everyone.

QW
                          AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                          F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Wow, Slo! That's some memory you have there!

Thanks for the encouraging words. I need a hike in nature to clear my head of all this covid19 crud. Walks in neighborhoods don't do the job for me like nature does. Hubby has the news on ALL the time and everytime I turn it off, it's right back on. Ugh

Thanks for sharing the pics, ladies. Beautiful❤

I'll take another 24, please and thank you!

Comment

Good for you coming straight back to the café, Ginger! And I do not know if Dutchman's Breeches are related to Bleeding Hearts, sorry. They do resemble tho!

Slo, you did a great job on quotes this past week. Thank you so much!

24 more please and thank you.
                              Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Great quotes this past week [MENTION=19596]Slo[/MENTION]! Thanks so much!

Another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

Working...
                                X