~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Good morning and thanks for the quote QW. I am starting to completely boycott the news. I’m starting to feel like we will never completely outrun an airborne virus. All this distancing seems like it just prolonging the inevitable. This might not be a popular opinion but covid is not going away any time soon. OK another 24 for me please and thank you.

Comment

5:25am in Alberta, 24 more for me please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
      [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
      Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
      Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
      Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Good job on giving up the smokes [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION]! And another :thumbsup: on the quotes so far this week!

I think a lot of people are finding the money a bit tight [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION], just got to hang in there...

I agree [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION], Covid isn't going to disappear any time soon. It's going to take a vaccine to get over this, and people can't stay in lockdown till that comes around!

I spent yesterday on my hands and knees laying the pipe for an in-floor heating system in a farm shop and my back and shoulders are reminding me that I'm not getting any younger lol. I'll tie all the lines in this morning and put an air test on the system, and that should be it for me until the floor is poured. I saw a couple of combines in the field yesterday so I don't imagine it'll be long before I'm back in a tractor or combine, best get out and get the camper opened up and re-stocked!
        Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
        Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
        Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

I'm with you Rava. I think we need to get on with life. The vulnerable should take extreme precautions but there's mounting evidence that the virus is more widespread that we knew and the mortality rate is much lower than we originally anticipated. That video I embedded yesterday was really good and informative. It was a presentation of the evolving covid data iover time. We've learned a lot more in these last 6 weeks than we knew at the beginning. The doctors giving the briefing were legitimate, respected practioners in their field. Unfortunately it apparently ran afoul of the conventional narrative and was removed. So much for the free flow of information and ideas on the internet. It's actually kind of frightening.

Jude, I hope things get back to normal for you soon. I have a lady who comes and cleans for me once a month. I was shocked to learn that she was down to just me and two other clients due to people's fears over corona. She is really hurting financially. Luckily her hb is still able to work and bring home a check so they are getting by.

[MENTION=21602]abcowboy[/MENTION], it'll be great when you can get back in the saddle again! It shouldn't be too long now...

24 more, please and thank you.
          Last edited by dill; April 28, 2020, 08:15 AM.
          Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Congrats on the anniversary of quiting smoking QW! Wow cold turkey, were you a grump? I only smoke 2-3 a day but I can tell when I'm wanting one cuz I get short with people, I should just quit it grosses me out as it is, stinks! Rava I think the news heard one little snippet and runs with false info sometimes, it's very annoying yet I can't seem to turn the channel haha, now they've released the video of the "ufo" I'm sure to distract us from all the other news, 5:39 am in Vegas another 24
            I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
            Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

I was surprised to see the link down, Dill. That's scary that we can only see the one narrative decided by YouTube. ???

My hubby has the news on ALL the time. I've taken to wearing my ear buds and listening to music. Even more isolating. 😣

I'll take another 24, please and thank you!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Pauly, I’m still grumpy!! Maybe I’m still having withdrawal symptoms! Actually I think it’s my low tolerance for BS.
                What really helped me through withdrawal was frequently looking at a picture my son drew for me. It was a picture of me and he wrote Thank you for not smoking Daddy. I carried that folded up piece of paper in my shirt pocket, where I used to keep my cigarettes.

I too was surprised to see that You Tube had removed that video. I wonder who ordered them to take it down. One thing this virus has taught us is that science and scientists can be trusted more than politics and politicians.

In Alberta, our Chief Medical Officer of Health says the virus won’t peak here until mid-May. Elected officials here are listening to what she says even though, like the rest of the world, we’re tired of being stuck inside and having to social distance when we do venture out. I’m tired of (OK, I’m grumpy at) people treating me like I have the plague when I’m out. Even fellow dog walkers.

Cowboy, hope the joints aren’t too stiff and sore today. In my case, it’s not just old age but arthritis that gives me grief, like yesterday after raking the lawn and moving furniture. However, it’s not the worst thing that could happen!

Hope everyone has a great af Tuesday!

QW
                AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Another 24 please. Warm and sunny today, yippee! 9:50 in yyc.
                  Narilly

"Nothing in this World Can take the place of Persistence"
                  "You can have the life you want OR you can Drink"

AF April 12, 2014

Comment

I posted a video on Facebook of a doctor telling people that quinine and zinc could possibly be helpful for the immune system and it was removed, he wasn't saying anything dangerous to do, basically drink tonic water and take a zinc supplement, I tried the tonic water-reminds me too much of booze yuck!
                    I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                    Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Hiya crew!

This is where many of you are hiding out lol. Great to see everyone.

Wednesday 11:35 a.m. in southern Oz.

Gimme another 24 please Ref.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

The secret of change is to focus all of your energy not on fighting the old, but on building the new. Socrates

How true! It’s not always easy to let go of the past but if we dwell on it, it becomes self-defeating and keeps us from where we really want to be.

QW
                        AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                        F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Howdy G! Thanks for stopping by!

Thanks for yesterday's quote QW! We often spend too much time focusing on our past, which keeps us from moving forward!

Asking for another sober day please and thank you!

Comment

Good morning Cafe. Hi G. Man glad you stopped in. Thanks for the quote QW. Yesterday I was at the grocery store with a mask on and accidentally sneezed. Wow what a reaction I got. Yikes. People are skiddish. I’m trying to stay positive, not watching the news and being careful. That’s all I can do. Another 24 for me please and thank you.

Comment

Good morning Cafe. Hi G. Man glad you stopped in. Thanks for the quote QW. Yesterday I was at the grocery store with a mask on and accidentally sneezed. Wow what a reaction I got. Yikes. People are skiddish. I’m trying to stay positive, not watching the news and being careful. That’s all I can do. Another 24 for me please and thank you.

Comment

That's a really good quote QW, and very true. It's a waste of time to focus on the past. It provides us with lessons to help us guide our actions so it's good to recall it to that extent. But the focus has to be on building and maintaining the new.

I had not thought of us as hiding out here, [MENTION=7261]Guitarista[/MENTION], but now that you put it that way, I kind of like it! Makes me feel like an outlaw of sorts.

I was so shocked by YouTube removing that video. I call it censorship. But, I did find the video again, this time provided by the local news station that had the story originally on their airwaves. So in the interest of freedom I am reposting it:

Doctor and co-owners of Accelerated Urgent Care in Bakersfield say it may not be necessary anymore for residents to shelter-in-place.

Pauly, I missed the UFO story. Did it work to get your mind off things? :happy2: Did you have any luck getting that grocery story job?

Do any of you do Twitter? Just curious. I came across Neo there once recently. I forget what the topic was but he posted some statistics.

I was helping Mr. D with the mowing yesterday when my mower ran out of gas. Usually I flag him down to give me a refill because those gas cans are pretty heavy. I looked around but didn't see him anywhere so I went into the barn where he keeps the gas cans to see what I could do on my own. Here's the thing: While in there I saw a pair of new lawn chairs that I have been wanting for some time. He had them hidden from me to surprise me with them on my birthday. So, now I have to act surprised when he gives them to me! :happy2:

Let's all have another 24!
                                Last edited by dill; April 29, 2020, 05:37 AM.
                                Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Working...
                                X