No announcement yet.

~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

7:10am in Alberta, I'll have another 24 please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
    [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=1354]narilly[/MENTION] [MENTION=7261]Guitarista[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
    Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
    Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
    Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Dill, I searched all over yesterday and found the video. I have to say, I'm in agreement with what they are finding and we must have more/better data in order to get a true picture of this virus. Right after I finished watching, I got an email from my son with a link to it, telling me to watch. It's making it's rounds!

Another great quote, QW. Pauly, I'm curious too about the store job. Hang in there!

Did something to my knee. Took a 4 mile walk on Sunday and about halfway through it became painful. Next day, cut it back to 2 miles. Yesterday down to 1 mile. Last night it was swollen twice the size as the other one. What the heck?! I don't have knee problems! Well, didn't. Rest, ice and topical pain reliever, as well as, Advil. Any other suggestions? I'll try anything!

I'll take another 24, please and thank you!

Comment

6:18 am in Vegas another 24 nothing on the grocery store job, tbh I forgot I applied til you guys mentioned it, I think these places are soooo saturated with applicants it's taking them a bit long to process everyone, right now I'm staying busy with the grocery shopping/ delivery, it's mostly for rich people in Henderson who live up the hills, kind of far out and annoying but at least I'm doing something, I've got to watch that video now, have a great day all!
        I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
        Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

G’man, great to see you in the Cafe. How’re ya goin mate? We can’t get a good flat white here so you might have to bring your own to the Cafe. Maybe bring some for us too.

Ginger, I found the heating pad helped my knees. Hope you find a solution soon as knee problems are soooo annoying and activity limiting.

Scary stuff about that You Tube video being removed. Who knows if this is true or not but I read online the video had been labelled “misinformation”. Remind you of 1984?

Off to walk with Jessie. Sunny and mild here right now. Yesterday we met a fellow dog walker, someone I’ve spoken with a few times, and when I talked to her, she completely ignored me. People are acting very strange these days. And no, I don’t think it’s the wild hair and beard that’s scaring them although Mrs QW says it might be.

Have a great af Wednesday everyone. Stay safe, stay well.

QW
          AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
          F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Here's another interesting video. Worth a watch.
            Why COVID-19 Patients Should Be Going to Hospitals Sooner | Amanpour and Company - YouTube

Comment

Hola friends!

Thanks for the greetings.

Yo Q dubbya. All good here thanks mate. I git my 2 strong black coffee plunger style fix every morning. Love the quote. - 'The secret of change is to focus all of your energy not on fighting the old, but on building the new'. Socrates

The human condition, needs, wants, behaviours, don't change much over the centuries.

You are badass Dill! Thanks for the vid links Dill and Ginger. I loved that Doc's angle Ginger. Makes sense from way over here.

I'll gratefully accept another 24 please umpire. Take it easy.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

I owe myself the biggest apology for putting up with what I didn’t deserve.

We spend a lot of energy worrying about what we did when we were drinking, who we hurt, but how often do we think about what we were doing to ourselves, physically and mentally? Did I have things happen to me I felt were unjust? You bet I did. But how many of these things happened because of alcohol? Maybe if I hadn’t been drinking, those injustices wouldn’t have happened.
                Let’s not forget to make peace with ourselves.

QW

24/7/365

Comment

Humbly asking for another sober day please and thank you!

Comment

Rainy day ahead. Hope everyone has a great day. Thanks for the link Ginger. Hope your knee is feeling better. Another 24 for me please and thank you.

Comment

Dill!
                      Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                      Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                      Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

5:30am in Alberta, 24 more please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                        [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=7261]Guitarista[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

Comment

Ginger, thanks for the link. So much the medical establishment has learned over these last few weeks that can be directly applied and save lives! I shared that link with others. Great information!

QW I notice that you are posting those daily quotes late at night so they are here for the early time zones. Thanks! And thanks for today's thought. I'm going to be turning that one over as I go about my activities this morning.

G, human behavior hasn't changed much at all over the millennia. Some societies and cultures do a better job of mitigating the negative parts. But they are definitely part of our make up. It's why we often have to work at doing the right thing until it becomes second nature. One thing I often think about is that humans seem to generally share an internal sense of fairness and of right and wrong.

I think I'm in over my head! LOL! Too much coffee this morning.

24 more please and thank you.
                          Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Awwww! Thanks, [MENTION=21602]abcowboy[/MENTION]! :heartbeat: You are so thoughtful!!! Come on everyone, have a slice!
                            Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Happy birthday, Dill!!

Another good one, QW.

Knee's a little better. Probably need to stay off it another day or two. Trying not to let it get me down. Sure feeling for Slo right now. Hope she'd doing ok.

I'll take another 24, please and thank you!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Happy Birthday Dill! That cake looks awesome. Thanks for noticing the late evening posts. That is the reason many of those on QD in the west post late in the day, so they’re available first thing in the morning for our friends in the east.

Another mild day here today, ever nice to walk in summer clothing.

Have a great af Thursday everyone, stay safe!

QW

24/7/365

Comment

Working...
                                X