~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

5:43 am in Vegas another 24,love love love that quote Ginger! Have a great day all!
    I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
    Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Great news on the well, Dill. Happy Monday morning everyone!

I'll take another 24, please and thank you!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Great quote Ginger. How true. A good time to read 1984 again?

An early walk this morning because Jessie woke up with the sun. And, she’s having a sleep as I write this.

Yesterday was a walking on eggshells day, looks like today will be the same.

Have a great af Monday everyone.

QW
        AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
        F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Another 24 please, 9:41 in yyc.
          Narilly

"Nothing in this World Can take the place of Persistence"
          "You can have the life you want OR you can Drink"

AF April 12, 2014

Comment

That's great news on the well [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION]! It's been a long time coming!

Sorry that you're having an eggshell kind of day QW! Hope that things are better today.

Another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

Good morning and glad to hear your water testing finally passed Dill. QW hope today is a better day for you. Hope everyone has a good and sober day. Another 24 for me please and thank you.

Comment

5:05am in Alberta, 24 more for me please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=1354]narilly[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
                Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

I'll bet you breathed a sigh of relief when you got the news about the well [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION]!
                  Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                  Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                  Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Oh yes! A huge sigh of relief on the well! Thanks everyone.
                    [MENTION=21602]abcowboy[/MENTION], did you really say "auto-steer"?! Heck, I could do that, easy peasy!

QW, I was thinking about your egg shells and that saying came to mind: "When life gives you lemons, make lemonade." I thought how this could be turned into a saying, "When life gives you eggshells, …." I had an idea how to finish it, but I thought I'd wait and ask anyone else here if they have an idea. Maybe we can come up with some good ones for you!!:heartbeat: Thinking of you and Mrs Q. :hug:

The library here is starting a phased reopening. Finally today I will be able to return all the books and dvd's I have here at home. They are not going to allow people inside, but they will have curbside pickup. That's great with me! Retail stores are allowed to open today too. I don't plan on doing any of that. I am not really all that into shopping so I will wait on that particular adventure. Mr. D's dentist called and rescheduled his cleaning appointment for TODAY. I was a bit surprised when Mr. D agreed to go. He also has a knee appointment for today. His last injection didn't work so he is going to see the doc and talk about what to do. They told him to come 15 minutes early so they can do a covid screening before the appointment.

24 more please and thank you. Have a great day everyone.
                    Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

5:37 am in Vegas another 24
                      I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                      Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

I'll take another 24!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Great quote Ginger. Very true.

Thanks Dill and everyone for thinking about my situation. I’m looking forward to seeing what endings to “when life gives you eggshells” the Cafe comes up with.
                          I know it’s PD or the meds that are making things difficult, still it’s frustrating.

We’re having a new furnace installed today. Our annual servicing was done last Friday, turns out the heat exchanger has cracked and the blower motor is leaking oil. The house is almost 10 years old so I guess things like this are to be expected.

Have a great af Tuesday everyone.

QW
                          Last edited by Quit wining; May 12, 2020, 09:14 AM.
                          AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                          F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Comment

Two great quotes Ginger!

Well it snowed again yesterday, and this morning's temp is 30° F, but it's supposed to warm up to near 70° by the weekend. Crazy!

24 more please and thank you!

Comment

5:10am in Alberta, I'll have another 24 please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                                [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

Comment

Working...
                                X