~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

That pebble feeling is awful! One morning I felt something sliding around everytime I walk, wasn't painful but annoying, took off my shoe and it was a penny haha 5:38 am in Vegas another 24
    I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
    Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

A wet start to the day with lots of rain in the forecast for the next 3 days. Hope the lawn greens up!

Nothing more annoying than having a pebble in your shoe. Does anyone else try to put up with it? Periodically I’ll get a pebble in a shoe while we’re walking and I’ll put up with it as long as I can. Maybe it’s because there are few places to sit along our route so I can take the shoe off and get rid of the stone. Or maybe because I’m stubborn! Could explain my relationship with alcohol - for too long I was too stubborn, or stupid, to do anything about it.

Off for a meander with Jessie. Can’t say I’m looking forward to the smell of soggy dog!

Stay safe, stay well and stay af everyone.

QW
      AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
      F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Great quote, ABC! Like you, QW, often I wait far too long to remove that stone! Chuckled about that penny, Pauly. 😁

I'll take another 24, please and thank you!

Comment

Another 24 please, 10:40 in Calgary- rainy today.

I have to remember to be kind to myself and get rid of the pebbles in my shoes.
          Narilly

"Nothing in this World Can take the place of Persistence"
          "You can have the life you want OR you can Drink"

AF April 12, 2014

Comment

Another beautiful day on tap! So rare for this part of N.Y., and much appreciated when it happens!

Geat quote Cowboy!

Another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

Does waking up without a hangover ever get old? I woke up this morning feeling good and then had a flashback to mornings in the past where I didn't feel so good at all. What a gift it is to wake up feeling good and ready to take on the day!

24 more please and thank you.
              Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Good morning and happy Thursday. Sitting outside drinking coffee and listening to the birds. Such a peaceful morning. Hope everyone has a great day. Another 24 for me please and thank you.

Comment

"I may be slightly broken, a little bruised and even permanently scarred. But I still wake up everyday with a tremendous will to fight. I am a strong person who refuses to be defeated." – Unknown

6:10am in Alberta, 24 more please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                  [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=1354]narilly[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
                  Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                  Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                  Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

A very wet day here today although the moisture is needed. We’ve all been focusing on this pandemic but we were reminded yesterday that forest fire season is upon us. Already there have been some major grass fires in the area. Oh yeah, the higher then average snow pack in the mountains is starting to melt, hopefully flooding is kept to a minimum.

Mrs QW bought flowers the other day but didn’t get everything on her list. I guess because people not at work and looking for something to do bought much of the stock. I surprised her with 2 hanging baskets of flowers I found at a small greenhouse and also bought some cherry tomato plants for me. I love cherry tomatoes done in a wok on the grill with onions, peppers, mushrooms, carrots, and whatever else I can find to throw in. A bit of olive oil sprinkled over top and you have a wonderful side to go with whatever meat you’ve cooked, but with lamb is the best.

Common sense finally prevailed in a dispute I had with our former internet and cable provider. They acknowledged I was right, apologized, and said they hope to regain my business one day. It only took 6 weeks.

Have a great af Thursday everyone. Stay safe, stay well.

QW
                    Last edited by Quit wining; May 21, 2020, 07:27 AM.
                    AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                    F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

The “beer clouds” moved in yesterday afternoon around 3 just as I was finishing the field I was seeding. So I radioed the farm boss and he told me to bring the rig home. Wasn’t raining yet at the yard so I had time to do an oil change in the tractor and clean out the cab. By the time I was done, everyone was congregated in the shop and started into the beer lol. I had a Pepsi with them, stuck around for a bit, then headed for the camper to pick up my things so I could get over to Vegreville. The rain is supposed to be with us for a few days, so I’m going to enjoy my down time with Bubba and Hank and catch up on some sleep!

Do I miss having a beer with the boys? I sure do! But I don’t miss having way too many beers, having to spend the night in the camper because it got too late and I was too drunk to drive. Then waking up this morning with a hangover and having to drive to Vegreville thinking of how I was going to explain to Bubba how drinking with the boys was more important than spending the evening with her and Hank.

Getting sober was the best thing I ever did, and nothing is more important than staying sober, for me and for the people I love!
                      Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                      Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                      Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

I miss the like/thank buttons now, at first I didn't mind they were gone but I'd sure "like" that one Cowboy! Dill, yes waking up with no hangover is the best, unfortunately the sleep stuff I take makes me feel kind of hangovery but it wears off quickly but a hangover never did so it's still a win! QW, nice you found the flower baskets and your idea for the cherry tomatoes sounds awesome yum! I'm definitely on a quest to add more vegetables in my life and that sounds like a nice treat Ginger, how's your knee? Waves to the gang and it's 5:56 am another 24,hope everyone has a fabulous AF day
                        I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                        Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

That's a great quote and story, ABC. Glad you got home early to Bubba and Hank just as you planned.

I agree, nothing better than waking up with a clear head!

Knee's still giving me grief but not as much as this clinic! Long story short, they are closing their doors and my xray from last week is still not read. Making arrangements now to change docs but can't get into them until July. Ugh. Still resting, icing, wearing a brace and putting it up. Oh well, could be much worse. Thanks for asking, Pauly ☺ Taking my supplement twice a day!

I'll take another 24, please and thank you!

Comment

Great quote and post yesterday cowboy! It does take a lot of strength to stay sober, but as others have mentioned, it's so awesome waking up without a hangover! Love the "beer clouds reference as well!

Sorry that the treatment on your knew has to wait until July Ginger. Hope that you can stay as comfortable as possible until then.

QW....love the idea of cooking cherry tomatoes on the grill! I'll have to try that soon!

Sitting on the back porch listening to the birds sing. Heaven!

Another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

Good morning. Ginger, Its hard to believe you have to wait until July! WHAT?? QW Cherry tomatoes are good right off the vine too! Love those things. Good work Cowboy on avoiding the beer clouds and sticking with Pepsi. Jude, are you still riding? Hi to everyone today and wishing you all a great Memorial Day weekend!! Another 24 for me please and thank you.

Comment

“People don’t give themselves enough credit for overcoming things and getting better. You made it this far. Celebrate your strength.” - Unknown

6:10am in Alberta, another 24 for me please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                                [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

Comment

Working...
                                X