~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

“It’s never too late to become who you want to be. I hope you live a life that you’re proud of, and if you find that you’re not, I hope you have the strength to start over.” — F. Scott Fitzgerald

So sorry about your Aunt Ginger. What a nightmare!

Another hot and muggy day on tap, but at least we had some much needed rain last night.

Happy Father's day to all of the dad's in the cafe!

24 more please and thank you!

Comment

Happy Fathers Day to the fathers here. Ginger, so sorry about your Aunt. Wow it must be stressful worrying about her. Hope everyone has a great sunday. Thanks for the quote Jude. Another 24 for me please and thank you.

Comment

5:50am in Vegreville, Alberta, 24 for me and everyone else who needs them please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
        [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
        Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
        Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
        Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

I've opened up the outdoor patio for the first day of summer, and fixed up something light and cheery for breakfast!

Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
          Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
          Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Sorry to hear about your Aunt [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION], prayers that she gets over it without too much illness...

I had a busy week of cleaning and doing some minor repairs to the house in Vermilion, then packing up a bunch of stuff that I don't use to bring over to Veg. Bubba came yesterday to pick up the stuff (me included lol) and do some dusting as people are coming to look at the house in Vermilion today. We'll go over to the Manor and visit with Bubba's mom and dad outside the window for Father's Day, then pack up Hank and the things she needs as she is working all next week at the Health Unit in Vermilion. Still lots to get settled as I told Bubba that I wouldn't sell the house in Vermilion or move to Vegreville until the house there is transferred into our names. Slowly but surely things will get settled...

Comment

Happy Father's day to all the dad's Ginger I'm sorry your aunt is going through this! Poor thing 5:53 am in Vegas another 24
              I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
              Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Thanks everyone for your thoughts.

Great quote, Jude.

ABC, nummy brekkie as usual. I'm so glad that things are starting to settle in for you, Bubba and Hank. What a challenge for all of you.

Happy Father's Day!!

I'll take another 24, please and thank you!

Comment

Ginger, I'm so sorry to hear about what your Aunt is going thru. I wish comfort and strength to you and your family.

Jude, I really liked today's quote. So very wise and positive. It seems like a good quote for Father's Day somehow as it seems like the advice a good father would give.

Happy Father's Day to all the Dad's here in the café.:love:

Thanks for putting up that sign, Cowboy! It looks great!

24 more please and thank you.
                  Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Jessie and I met friends Garnet (human) and Zoe (mix of Pitt bull, rottie and other breeds) on our walk this morning and had a great visit. Nice way to start the day.

I had a wonderful early Father’s Day visit and fine meal with most of our Calgary family yesterday. I wasn’t able to hug the grandkids and our daughter in law stayed home because of a migraine but it was great to be together with the others.

I declined Mrs QW’s kind offer to make supper tonight, instead I’m going to make braised short ribs in the Dutch oven along with veggies. I’ll serve this over mashed cauliflower. Hope it turns out!

Have a great af Sunday everyone and Happy Father’s Day to all the Dads here.

QW
                    AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                    F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Hello Café Folks,

Ginger, so sorry to hear about your Aunt.. such a confusing and scary time for her, and so worrying for you. Sending you strength..:hug:

Happy Father's Day to all you Dads! I wished my dad one last night as we talked on the phone, 'cause I was scared I'd forget today.. you would have all reminded me!
                      Here's to another 24 af hours for all of us.. wishing you all a lovely Sunday..

Comment

“Starting over is an acceptance of a past we can’t change, an unrelenting conviction that the future can be different, and the stubborn wisdom to use the past to make the future what the past was not.” – Craig D. Lounsbrough

Sounds as though you are crazy busy cowboy with lots of changes in your life!

Another sober day please and thank you!

Comment

5:40am in Alberta, another 24 please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                          [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

Comment

Good morning Cafe. Another 24 for me please and thank you.

Comment

Good one [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION]! I'm definitely trying not to repeat my past!

Comment

We had a great three days with our granddaughter. She has really become quite a good swimmer so we were confident about her swimming without a life jacket out in our pond. We sat nearby of course and had a lifeline to throw if necessary. Mr. D is a strong swimmer too so could have jumped in after her if necessary. I'm so glad she was able to spend the time with us. Like you QW, hugs were not included in the visit package. But we take it as two steps forward that we had her under roof.

Jude, thank you for that great quote framing the serenity prayer.

Summer has officially started! 24 more please and thank you.
                                Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Working...
                                X