• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

5:43 am in Vegas another 24
    I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
    Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Good reminder, Jude!

I'll take another 24, please and thank you!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Great quote Jude. The past is part of who we are, it’s up to us what we make the future.

Sure glad I did supper in the oven instead of barbecuing as we had high winds, heavy rain & hail just as I would have been outside.

I’m going to get an estimate today to repair a nasty dent in my Jeep, put there by a thoughtless motorist who didn’t own up to what they did. With my luck it’ll cost just about what the insurance deductible would be!

Have a great af Monday everyone. Stay safe & well.

QW
        AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
        F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Good morning Cafe. Sounds like a great visit with your granddaughter Dill! It will be even better when hugs are included. Heading into town today to visit with a good friend who is terminally ill. This will be a hard day but I will NOT drink over it. That would only add to the sadness. Another 24 for me please and thank you.

Comment

“Realize that if a door closed, it’s because what was behind it wasn’t meant for you.” ― Mandy Hale

So sorry to hear about your friend [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION]. We really never know what the future holds for us....a good reminder to make everyday count!

24 more please and thank you!

Comment

5:35am in Alberta, 24 more for me please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
              [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
              Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
              Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
              Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Jude, that quote is so good, thank you! What a wonderful way to practice acceptance. Instead of stewing in frustration, just look for another door.

QW, I could so relate to your story about the ding to your jeep. Seems to be our story most of the time too! We could readjust the deductible but the premiums would rise too much of course. Insurance companies have got it down, don't they!

Spearmint. I can't live with it and I can't live without it! LOL. I love the taste and smell of fresh spearmint but no matter where I plant it I end up battling it. Today I am pulling it away from my hibiscus to help give it more light and a chance to thrive. I really need to just plant it somewhere where it can do it's own thing! And in the veggie garden the sugar snap peas are coming on really strong. I'll be blanching and freezing some today.

Rava, I am sure your friend will draw comfort from your visit and that you will too. Yet I know how difficult it is. :hug:

24 more for all of us here, please and thank you.
                Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Rava, sorry about your friend, I'm glad she has a friend like you I'm sure the visit will be good for her spirits 5:40 am in Vegas another 24!
                  I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                  Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Thanks for that reminder, Jude. Instead pounding on that closed door, turn and find the open on meant for you. I like that!

Rava, enjoy your visit with your friend. She's lucky to have a friend like you.

Going to be 98° here today. I'm taking two of my gkids to my son's house with a pool. He just opened it this past weekend so the water will still be cold. I dont think a 9 and 10 yo will mind but I doubt I'll be getting in! I'm happy to watch from the deck. ☺

I'll take another 24, please and thank you!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Rava, it’ll be tough to see your friend knowing they won’t get better.
                      As Cowboy says in his signature, Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you’ve known the longest. It’s about who walked into your life, said “I’m here for you”, and proved it. You’ve proved you’re a good friend Rava.

Our temp is to get into the high 20’s C, 80’s F but thankfully not 98! Stay cool Ginger! It was already quite warm when we walked at 6 this morning so it’ll be a good day to hunker down in AC comfort.

Have a great af Tuesday everyone. Stay safe, stay strong and stay away from the covidiots!

QW
                      AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                      F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Another 24 please, 10:02 in yyc. +20C right now
                        Narilly

"Nothing in this World Can take the place of Persistence"
                        "You can have the life you want OR you can Drink"

AF April 12, 2014

Comment

Hi Café!
                          Jude, thank you for the great quotes..
                          Rava,:hug: thinking of you.. you are truly a good friend..
                          I'm at the end of 24 af hours and am looking forward to another Un-hung morning.
                          Wishing you all a nice day..xx

Comment

I added one of the quotes you posted last week to my signature line, QW. I found myself trying to remember it the other day and thought it would help me to see it more frequently. I appreciate that you hung it in the cafe, Cowboy, but I had to hang it up somewhere at home as well!

Today we have a crew coming to remove some trees. They are threatening to fall in the near future and one in particular is leaning over the house... It will be a lot of commotion around here for a change!

24 more please and thank you.
                            Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

“To greet a lovely morning, we must leave the night behind.” ― Tarang Sinha

I really like this quote. It's short and simple, but contains a powerful message. Here's to many more lovely mornings!

Nice weather to be on the porch this morning. We've had 3 days of 90 plus temps and high humidity.It's the first official heatwave in 2 years. I've had enough! Uggh!

24 more please and thank you!

Comment

Good morning Cafe and thanks for all the encouragement regarding my friend. Hard hard visit but I’m glad I got to see her. She lives very close to my daughter so I will stop by again for another visit sometime next week. Brings back a lot of sad memories for me as I also watched my late husband literally disappear before my eyes with cancer many years ago. This is not the format for this but I am a huge supporter of assisted suicide. No one should suffer the ravages of cancer Or any other terminal illness without the option of a peaceful ending. Thats just my opinion. On a brighter note, I got to spend the morning with 3 of my grandkids. We had a picnic in their new clubhouse. Good day overall. Hope everyone has a great Wednesday. Another 24 for me please and thank you.

Comment

Working...
                                X