Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Rava, I found that exercising in the morning as opposed to afternoon/evening really sets up my day and for some reasons, cravings became very infrequent.
    Cowboy, I’ve seen that ad for Sapporo beer so many times I can say “You’re welcome” in Japanese!

We had a great but too short visit with our son yesterday. It had been 3 months since Mrs QW had seen him. He was happy too with the care package and returned about 10 reusable grocery bags from previous care packages!

Great quote Jude!

Have a great af Thursday, stay safe, stay well and keep the covidiots 2 meters away!

QW
    AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
    F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Good morning and happy Friday. Its beautiful this morning with low humidity which is rare in these parts. Thanks for all the advice about my cravings. I started exercising 3 mornings a week and a bike ride in the evening. So far so good. At least the “thoughts” have not become a reality. Once I start drinking, thats all I can think about 24/7. When can I have my next one until it turns into a shit show and I wake up feeling horrible and guilty. Playing the tape to the end helps too. I long for those days of having a drink or two. I have proved over and over that those days are long gone. My “drink or two” becomes a guzzle fest until I’m totally hammered. Loss of control is the worst feeling ever. Today I will not drink. Another 24 for me please and thank you.

Comment

5:45am in Alberta, I'll have 24 more please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
        [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
        Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
        Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
        Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

“No, this is not the beginning of a new chapter in my life; this is the beginning of a new book! That first book is already closed, ended, and tossed into the seas; this new book is newly opened, has just begun! Look, it is the first page! And it is a beautiful one!” — C. JoyBell C.

Running late this morning!

24 more please!

Comment

Aww Rava I wish there was a"hug" button, your drink style sounds like mine, id start off thinking I could take it slow but after those first sips all bets are off! I'd be thinking about the next while holding the first keep your head up love, Ginger, I'm wondering if there's alot of false positives? Brady's two friends were tested and one was a positive but the other was 'unsure' so they retested and he's negative, I also think the media is blowing it up and not focusing on those who survive, it's all about the deaths which are pretty small numbers, sad don't get me wrong but I just don't think we're being told the whole truth, also think the media is fanning the flames of the racial tension, when our governor talked the other night he made no mention of people crowded in the streets protesting as a cause for a spread, he blamed it on reopening but I think the endless protests helped bring it up, meh I'm getting too political it seems, also masks should have been the rule since March when all this shit started! Ok I'm done sorry haha, much love to all and I'm not drinking today!
            I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
            Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Rava, it’s always the second and subsequent drinks that inevitably follow “just one”, isn’t it? I know from experience that I can’t moderate after too many failed attempts so for me, it’s avoiding the first one.

Pauly, I think you’re right in saying you’re not getting the whole story or the truth about Covid-19. Media and politicians are too controlling, in fact, at times I’ve thought neither group would know the truth if it bit them in the ass!

I read this yesterday and even though it has nothing to do with what we usually discuss in the Cafe, I thought I’d share anyway. “Don’t piss off old people. The older we get, the less of a deterrent a life sentence becomes”.

Have a great af Friday everyone. Stay safe, stay healthy and keep the covidiots at bay.

QW

24/7/365

Comment

Another 24 please, 10:27 in yyc

I try and exercise first thing in the morning. I never thought about it in terms of cravings but maybe it helps. I havent had any cravings for a long time. Thank goodness- it does get easier!
                Narilly

"Nothing in this World Can take the place of Persistence"
                "You can have the life you want OR you can Drink"

AF April 12, 2014

Comment

“What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.”
                  – Ralph Waldo Emerson

I agree with you 100% Pauly! Can't believe anything you hear from the news these days!

Another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

Jude, I must tell you that you did a stellar job finding quotes this week! Thank you so much. Each one was spot on.

I don't believe anything I hear on the news anymore. It's all agenda driven. And the agenda's are not positive or interested in the greater good. Lot's of hate running rampant and being harnessed by people of bad will. No one seems to be thinking anymore, and no one is given the space to think, either. As a society we can make some positive changes, but not in the current environment. I hope our leaders wake up and restore order.

Either way, it will be a good day not to drink!
                    Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

5:35am in Alberta, another 24 for me please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                      [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=1354]narilly[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
                      Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                      Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                      Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Agreed! Great week of quotes.

Remember Walter Cronkite? Yea, me too. Miss that news coverage. Details, no opinion and only a half hour a day.

I'll take another 24, please and thank you!

Comment

A half hour of news would be good Ginger I overdo the news then get riled up, hubs tells me to turn it but then I get the feeling like I'm not being updated, 5:53 am in Vegas another 24!
                          I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                          Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

This is to be the third wet weekend in a row so staying inside shouldn’t be too tough.

Pauly, I was thinking about your work situation this morning when I read about an outbreak in eastern Ontario linked to a beauty salon where they figure over 700 people have potentially been exposed to Covid-19 because staff didn’t clean their workstations between clients. This isn’t rocket science people! Use common sense. Masks & gloves alone won’t keep everyone safe.

Have a great af Saturday everyone! Stay safe, healthy and keep away from the covidiots!

QW

24/7/365

Comment

Good morning. Sounds like most of us are on the same page. All the stuff going on in our world is sad. People turning on others over so many issues. I am living in my bubble right now. Riding my bike in the fresh air (without a mask) and pretty much keeping to myself otherwise. Hope everyone has a great Saturday. Another 24 for me please and thank you.

Comment

Yep, great quotes this week [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION]! Thanks!

It's a funny thing, but I find that if I don't watch the news then I hardly think about Covid. It's become natural now to stand apart and not offer a handshake, but I'm still not sure how many of the business places can be safe with just gloves and masks. Maybe a bit of it has to do with fact that Covid has just about run it's course?

Bubba and Hank headed back to Veg last night right after supper. I stayed back because I have a package coming from Amazon today. Once it gets here I'll head over as well. I'll spend tonight and tomorrow night there as Monday morning the tech from Telus is coming over to put the fibreoptic into the house so that we have real internet instead of relying on our phone hotspots. I want to be there because I want the cable put in neatly and in a certain spot. Adam used to work for Telus and said the tech would put it in the quickest and easiest way unless I was there to show him exactly how I want it done, then maybe have to drill the holes myself to get the installation I want. Whatever happened to taking some time do do a neat job the way the customer wants?

Comment

Working...
                                X