• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Sunday quote...

Comment

Great quote to start out my morning Ginger!

Happy Sunday all!

Another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

Good Morning! Ginger, awesome quote today. Spot on. Hope everyone has a great day. I’m checking in before breakfast. Please save me some Cowboy. Another 24 for me please and thank you.

Comment

It's a cloudy morning but nice and cool. We had nice weather all week last week. We made plans for Saturday to have some friends over for outdoor fun but wouldn't you know it, RAIN! We had to cancel because we still aren't eager to have a lot of people indoors. I actually might have done so if Mr. D were not so hesitant but I was held back for another reason: 3 children under the age of 8! I love these friends, but I wasn't up for that! I had some things to keep me occupied indoors. I make my own jar candles and when they get low I melt the remaining wax and reuse it, so I got busy with that. Also a bit of sewing. Mr. D was out in his shop messing about with this and that.

Ginger, thank you for the good quote. I think working on our own thoughts is essential and sometimes I forget to do it. We all know where that can take us!

Cowboy, Mr. D and you must be cut from the same cloth! He always likes to be present for such installations and keeps an eye on the progress. He likes to be sure things are done as they should be, not just the quickest and easiest way.

24 more please and thank you.
          Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

6:05am in Vegreville, Alberta, 24 for me and everyone else who needs them please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
            [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
            Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
            Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
            Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Time to get breakfast out, I'm sure there'll be some left for you [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION]!

Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
              Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
              Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Quick check in!

I'll take another 24, please and thank you!

Comment

Happy Sunday, wow Cowboy you must be avoiding the news cuz the covid craze is the top story again! They're giving these astronomical jump in numbers in certain areas, QW, I always said I was surprised they let hair places be one of the first to open, seems really stupid to me and I needed to get back to work but that's just too intimate in reality hope everyone has a wonderful AF day, 6:03 am in Vegas another 24!
                  I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                  Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Awesome quote Ginger! Good advice for sure.

Sadly Cowboy, I don’t think Covid-19 is close to having run it’s course. I can understand people being frustrated over the changes inflicted on them and the need to not be stuck inside but it isn’t safe to disregard the safety protocols put in place on the recommendation of scientists. There hasn’t been a pandemic in the last hundred years that didn’t have a second wave. Even more sad, some countries may not notice because they’re still in the first wave.

Good plan Dill not to invite your friends into your house, there will be other opportunities later when it’s safe.

Awesome brekkie Cowboy, you’ve inspired me to attempt to copy it!

Heavy rain this morning so good chance to enjoy a coffee and get cooking!

Stay safe, healthy and af today everyone!

QW
                    AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                    F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

I guess I should have phrased that a bit different, I think maybe the “Covid scare” has run it’s course. At least it has in my area anyway. After we’ve heard the warnings as many times as we have, we become deaf to them, in one ear and out the other. I was just in Canadian Tire and the sanitation station was gone, no hand sanitizer or gloves to be seen.

I really believe that Covid will be with us year round, possibly forever. And until they come up with a vaccine, if they ever do, life will still have to go on. People have to work, bills have to be paid, hair needs to be cut, etc. The hardest hit is always going to be those at most risk and our senior’s, but we can’t keep them locked up forever either. It is what it is, do the best you can to stay healthy and keep moving forward...

Comment

Monday quote...

Comment

Another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

71F and hazy this morning
                            Back in the saddle
                            Hope everyone's well, still sober here. Now, for a read back
                            24 more please

Comment

Originally posted by abcowboy View Post
                              I guess I should have phrased that a bit different, I think maybe the “Covid scare” has run it’s course. At least it has in my area anyway. After we’ve heard the warnings as many times as we have, we become deaf to them, in one ear and out the other. I was just in Canadian Tire and the sanitation station was gone, no hand sanitizer or gloves to be seen.

I really believe that Covid will be with us year round, possibly forever. And until they come up with a vaccine, if they ever do, life will still have to go on. People have to work, bills have to be paid, hair needs to be cut, etc. The hardest hit is always going to be those at most risk and our senior’s, but we can’t keep them locked up forever either. It is what it is, do the best you can to stay healthy and keep moving forward...
                              That's exactly how I see it Cowboy, and I too have done my best to just move forward. Unfortunately for us here in the US it is an election year so like everything else Covid is an "issue" and is being politicized to the max. It's nauseating. On a brighter note: one of the things that hit me hardest during Covid was the library closure. They are now back up and running. The one thing they have continued to do that I think is very wise is they "quarantine" all returned materials for 4 days before reshelving them.

Ginger, I really loved that quote! Actions, not words.

Good to have you back home, Mr. V! Hope you had a good time.

24 more please and thank you.
                              Last edited by dill; June 29, 2020, 06:05 AM.
                              Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Good Morning. Mr.V glad you are back. Hazy Hot and Humid day here. Hope everyone has a great and sober day. Great quote again Ginger! Another 24 for me please and thank you.

Comment

Working...
                                X