• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Wednesday quote...

Comment

Love, love, love today's quote Ginger! So relevant to all of us in these crazy times! Thank you!

You are so right Mr. V! Being able to adapt to one's environment is the key to survival. Was it Darwin who said that? :happy2:

Another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

71F with the sun trying to break through hazy skies.
        Hope to get a ride in today.
        Do the boys cut and polish the agate, Ginger?
        Wife starting to go back into work and that causes her a little anxiety. Nobody following protocols.
        24 more please

Comment

Adapt when necessary, but accept is a different thing. I don't get much opportunity to speak out because of my current lifestyle being retired and more of a homebody. But I am making a promise to myself that I will no longer remain silent. Where possible, I am going to do my part to keep free speech alive. It's our most fundamental right and it is being stolen from us by mobs, weak leaders and outright corrupt leaders. I feel like we are frogs in a big pot of gradually heating water. Maybe this is my way of "adapting".

24 more please and thank you.
          Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Good morning Cafe. Rainy day here today. I’m headed to the gym and then coming home to work on some craft projects. Retirement has not been too bad so far. I’m learning to adapt. I see all my coworkers totally stressed out with the virus and crazy work hours. I got out just in time for sure. I feel bad for the ones still left and a little guilty but not guilty enough to want to go back to work. I’m going to look up agate hunting Ginger. Never heard of it. Thanks for the great quote once again! Hope everyone has a great and AF day. Another 24 for me please and thank you.

Comment

Good morning Cafe. Rainy day here today. I’m headed to the gym and then coming home to work on some craft projects. Retirement has not been too bad so far. I’m learning to adapt. I see all my coworkers totally stressed out with the virus and crazy work hours. I got out just in time for sure. I feel bad for the ones still left and a little guilty but not guilty enough to want to go back to work. I’m going to look up agate hunting Ginger. Never heard of it. Thanks for the great quote once again! Hope everyone has a great and AF day. Another 24 for me please and thank you.

Comment

5:25am in Alberta, I'll have another 24 please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
                Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Have a great af Wednesday everyone!

QW
                  AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                  F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

6:16 am in Vegas another 24,hope everyone has a great day!
                    Wishing I was Canadian Pauly:hahaha:
                    I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                    Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

I'll take another 24, please and thank you!

Comment

Happy Birthday Canada!
                        Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                        Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                        Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Thanks for the great video cowboy! Thinking that a move to Canada might be a good idea! Tired of the BS in the states right now!

Another sober day please and thank you!

Comment

Geez Mr. V! Can your wife take retirement or somehow work from home?

Thanks for the video Cowboy, and happy belated birthday to Canada!

Ginger, you have really been doing a great job on quotes this week! I try to end my evening with a positive thought. Lately we've been in the habit of watching an old Frazier or Seinfeld episode before heading to bed to end the day with a light-hearted chuckle or two. I know it's not exactly what your quote suggested, but it'll do when it's hard to scrounge around and find my own positivity.

It's been a real endurance test here with the heat and humidity for the last two days and is supposed to continue for the next 3! Yiikes!

Just for fun I will mention that Mr. D bought himself a new toy: a Polaris Ranger. His knee has been hurting so much that his ability to get around the farm has been hampered. He uses it to get to places away from the house to get wood, mend fences, etc. (Well, that's what he tells me anyway.... ) I will admit, it is fun! He lets me have a turn every now and then.

24 more please and thank you.
                            Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Thursday quote...

Canada here I come!!

Comment

Good morning! Great quote Ginger. You are definitely on a roll!!! By the way I learned all about agate hunting on You Tube! It’s similar to sea glass hunting on the beach. Hope everyone has a great Thursday. Another 24 for me please and thank you.
                                Last edited by Rava; July 2, 2020, 06:25 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X