Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

24 more at 7:50 am
    This place keeps me well fed, physically, mentally, and spiritually.

Comment

You got that right, Mr. V! I couldn't agree more!

Rava, that fish looks great! I love the dishes, too. Thanks for posting that pic.

QW, I think anything stored in vinegar will last, too. Especially in refrigeration. But if Mrs. Q remains nervous about it, you could become the official pickle taster' like the food taster for kings in the past having to eat the food first to see if it was safe for human consumption. If you're still standing after 24 hours then she can safely eat them! LOL

24 more, please and thank you.
      Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Sorry Rava, it was you who caught all the fish not Jude haha, for some reason I always get your guyses posts mixed up, was thinking the avatars are similar but they're not even close, so just my tired brain made the mix up, 6:02 am in Vegas another 24,, hope everyone has a wonderful AF day!
        I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
        Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Mr V, you summed up the Cafe very well in just a few words.

Dill, thanks for volunteering me to be the official food taster! I have absolutely no concerns about enjoying these pickles months from now. In fact I’m going to make another batch or two. The recipe is so easy to follow, the pickles taste so good plus what the heck else am I going to do with the package of turmeric I bought?

Great looking meal Rava! I hope your head cold doesn’t materialize but good idea to stay away from others anyway.

Have a great af Monday everyone and stay safe. It’s a holiday here and in much of Canada today. After being retired all these years, I still enjoy a long weekend!

QW
          AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
          F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Made it home safe and sound. Sure enjoyed the cool coastal weather. QW, hope you guys get back for another visit. Because we were distancing, we walked miles and miles. The dog is happy to be home so she can rest! At almost 11, she's not up for so much walking.

I'll take another 24, please and thank you!

Comment

Yes, this place is truly good for the soul!

Much needed rain here today!

24 more please!

Comment

Good morning Cafe. We are in the middle of the storm right now. So far, so good. We moved all of our patio cushions and light furniture into our basement just in case..... Pauly, dont feel bad I used to confuse Jude and Dill until Homer/Teddy came along. Being friends online has its limitations. Ginger, glad you made it back safely. QW I just made another batch of pickles yesterday. Hope everyone has a great and AF day today. I will take another 24 please and thank you.

Comment

5:25am in Alberta, 24 more for me please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                  [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
                  Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                  Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                  Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Yep, what [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] said, and the quote from [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] really explain what the Café and y'all mean to me!

I'll help in any way I can [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION]!
                    Last edited by abcowboy; August 4, 2020, 06:41 AM.
                    Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                    Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                    Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Rava, you stay safe! Looked like some pretty wild winds on the news! I get scared everytime I feel "off" that I caught covid but yep theres still other colds and of course allergies that can make you feel sick too, Mr. V good words 5:45 am in Vegas another 24! Hope everyone has a fab AF day
                      I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                      Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

I suffer from seasonal allergies so frequently sneeze at this time of year. People look at me like I’ve got Covid, even if I’m wearing a mask. Actually it doesn’t bother me that I get lots of space.

My son in Australia says that because the virus has resurfaced in the Melbourne area and their lockdown level has increased. Only essential services will be open, there’s a curfew from 8pm to 5am and you can’t be more than 5kms from home. People just aren’t getting it!
                        There were 3 young ladies from Queensland who lied about the purpose of a recent visit to Melbourne. They attended a party where there were more people than allowed. Two of them tested positive for the virus and authorities are waiting to see how many partiers get it. Covidiots!

It’s a beautiful sunny start to the day, another scorcher (hot for us) with temps in the high 20’sC, low-mid 80’sF.

Stay safe and af everyone.

QW
                        Last edited by Quit wining; August 4, 2020, 09:19 AM.
                        AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                        F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

I have a friend who told me yesterday that her granddaughter (age 20) recently went for a check up with her doctor. By the time she got there she was feeling ok but she told him she had been having some abdominal symptoms and fatigue for several days but she was over it and feeling fine. He said to her that in his opinion she probably had covid but there was no use testing for it because she was feeling ok. He told her to go about her business and not worry about getting tested or quarantining. She lives with her grandmother who is 70. Hmm. IMO she should have gotten antibody testing. Thing is, I'm not sure how available that is around here. It would have been prudent to get tested tho, don't you think, even if it was just regular testing? I mean, that's available for free.

Thanks so much for the quote, Rava. It really made me stop and think.

24 more please and thank you.
                          Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Rava, that is such a true quote! Stay safe.

I'll take another 24, please and thank you!

Comment

Dill, that is really odd! Seems like bad advice to me.

I saw this quote on FB and it really resonates with me and my fretting!

Comment

Stay safe Rava!

Thanks for the picture and quote Ginger! I need to hang that one on my refrigerator!

Another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

Working...
                                X