~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

A nice cool 57F this morning, I'll take it.
    24 more please.

Comment

Thanks for that wonderful quote, Ginger. I agree with Jude that is should be on display as a constant reminder!

Loving the cool temps.

Here's something I have been noticing in my area. No cricket sounds. I listen for them and instead of 'hearing crickets', as is sometimes a punchline, I hear something worse: NO crickets! My theory is that the late and and extreme freeze we had this past Spring came at the wrong time and killed the eggs and nymphs. I was talking about it with Mr. D and he said another thing that he had been noticing. We usually have a lot of mole hills in our yard at this time of year. But he hasn't seen even one! Guess what moles eat...

24 more please and thank you.
      Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

5:50am in Vegreville, Alberta, I'll have another 24 please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
        [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
        Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
        Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
        Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Great quote [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION], and glad you're back home safe and sound!

Interesting observation about the crickets and moles [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION]. The thing I noticed this spring while in the camper for seeding was the absence of frogs. It was always a calming noise to hear the frogs as I drifted off to sleep.

Off to the city this morning for Bubba's dad's dementia appointment. It's now law in Edmonton that masks are to be worn in all public places, and there's going to be additional screening at the rehab hospital where the appointment takes place. We'll all have to fill in the questionnaire regarding symptoms, and I imagine our temperatures will be taken as well. I can't imagine why the doctor wouldn't do any Covid tests on the young lady [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION], he's perhaps another Covidiot!
          Last edited by abcowboy; August 5, 2020, 07:05 AM.
          Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
          Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
          Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Hello everyone,
            Just checking in and hope everyone is doing well and staying healthy.
            It's 8:09am in Toronto, here's to another 24.
            Cowboy, glad to see you, it's been a while!
            Actually, glad to see everyone here!

Comment

I was wondering if you'd stop by today [MENTION=17161]briseus[/MENTION], it's a special day for you, so it's cake day in the Café!

Huge congrats my friend!

Comment

Dill, Lb wanted to get antibody testing and they told her she couldn't if she has no symptoms??? Doesn't make sense to me, Bri, great to see you and congratulations on your 5 years 5:49 am in Vegas another 24,hope everyone has a wonderful AF day
                I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Bri, huge congrats on 5 years! Well done. How are things in the GTA? Former Ontarian from Brighton here.

Dill, I too question the advice your friend was given. I’d be getting a second opinion and insist on testing. Self isolating at a minimum.
                  We know people who drove home to Alberta last month from Mexico after a 6 month business related trip. At the US border they were asked NO questions related to Covid and were free to travel wherever they wanted. At the Canadian border, they were required to provide details of their 14 day isolation plan. Had they not had a plan, they would have been housed at a local facility for 14 days. They had made arrangements with family to provide for their self isolation and police did check to ensure they were obeying the law. This virus isn’t going to go away easily, constant vigilance is needed.
                  We’re off to Calgary this morning where masks are mandatory everywhere. I don’t like wearing one, but dammit, if it keeps me safe and keeps others safe, it’s not a big deal. We can’t let the Covidiots keep us in lockdown. We have rights too!

Have a great af Wednesday everyone, stay safe!

QW
                  AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                  F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Congrats on five years, Bri!

QW, the US wonders why our numbers are so HIGH! Jeez, doesn't take a genius.

I'll take another 24, please and thank you!

Comment

Got your emails [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION], will post the pic in this post, then the video in the next post. Here's "Teddy" with his new owner's in his fancy new digs!

Comment

Okay, will give this video posting off Google Drive a try. The video is in 3GP format, whatever that is lol, my video player opened and played it okay, but if anyone can’t open it, let me know and I’ll convert it and re-post.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1faePOffzRSrnV8HiyxdtlD58UY2aqfX/view?usp=drivesdk

Comment

Awe thanks Cowboy! Thanks everyone!
                          I can't believe it's been 5 years, but here I am! Gosh...time flies by, eh?
                          GTA is doing good! Or as could as it can go all things considering. Lol! We just entered phase 3 with reopening of businesses and such. Let's hope that we can keep our covid cases down.

Thank you for never forgetting this day Cowboy. <3

Comment

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ &amp; another 24...

Jude, Teddy is a beautiful horse. Those kids will love him dearly! Thanks, ABC for the pic and video.

Comment

[MENTION=21602]abcowboy[/MENTION].....Thanks so much for posting the pic and video! When I opened up the link on my phone, there was no sound. That's the first time that I could hear what everyone was saying. The kids don't seem afraid of "Teddy" at all. He's a very gentle horse, and I think that he will do well there. The new owner told me that someone boards a pig on the farm and that Homer/Teddy is terrified of him! LOL!

Another 24 please and thank you!
                              Last edited by Jude58; August 6, 2020, 03:33 AM.

Comment

Thanks for posting the picture and video Cowboy! That was such a treat! It looks like Homer is in good hands. That must make you feel so much better, Jude. :hug:

Cowboy, we have a lack of frogs here too, now that you mention it. I heard some but not like it is supposed to sound. Other night insects are silent this year as well as the crickets. I hope they are all able to make a comeback next spring. There must be at least some out there that can mate... I look forward to this time of year for the night sounds. I too find them calming. I think I'll call the Extension agency and ask about it.

I think that doctor should have recommended a covid test too, but since he didn't I doubt the young lady will pursue it. She is 20 and wants to think of herself as invincible, like many her age. Besides, if she doesn't know she has it, she can continue working and I think she would rather bury her head in the sand so her daily activities can go on as they are... She is not my family member so I can't really intervene and I doubt she would listen to her grandmother.

To date I did not not think I knew anyone with covid but yesterday my friend told me her son (in southern Oregon) had it in March, but was not tested for it but it until he developed pulmonary blood clots and was hospitalized in April. Even then he was still not being identified as having covid! He tested negative. I'm not sure when he finally got the diagnosis, and he is slowly recovering. He's in his mid forties.

24 more please and thank you.
                                Last edited by dill; August 6, 2020, 06:07 AM.
                                Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Working...
                                X