~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

61F and still cool, but heat wave coming.
    Tough spot your neighbor put you in, QW. Not really fair in my opinion.
    Your quote was interesting, Cowboy. Sometimes I think all my mistakes, screw-ups and faults are what make me what I am. But, I don't dwell on them, just try and move on.
    24 more please.

Comment

Good morning Cafe! QW I agree with everyone else that deflecting it back to your neighbor is the best way. If you told the truth your neighbors daughter would be angry and your neighbor will side with their daughter and the next thing you know is that they are mad at you. Leaving a 16 year old girl home alone while they vacation is not a good idea. Thats how teen pregnancy happens. Hope the teen is on birth control. Yikes. Wishing everyone a great day. We have 1 grandchild for the night tonight so it should be fun. More than that becomes too much work. Another 24 for me please and thank you.

Comment

5:40am in Alberta, I'll have 24 more please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
        [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
        Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
        Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
        Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Hmmmm, me thinks you're stuck between the proverbial rock and hard place [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION]. Seems to me they'll ask the daughter how things went as soon as they get home, as a parent I know I would. If they do question you and you say what you observed and suspect, they'll have to re-question the daughter with un-proved accusations. I'm thinking I would tell them exactly what you saw and heard, the truck left every night before 10 but didn't seem to go far. Unless you actually saw the boyfriend walk back, I would leave it at that.

And I agree with [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION], leaving a sixteen year old home alone with instructions that her boyfriend has to leave by 10 is like putting a kid alone in a candy store and telling them not to touch anything. I know exactly what my older brother and I did when our parents left us home alone for a week when I was 15 and my brother was 17, it wasn't pretty.
          Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
          Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
          Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

5:49 am in Vegas another 24
            I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
            Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

I'll take another 24, please and thank you!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Thanks for the insight into my predicament. I haven’t decided how I’ll deal with this but am leaning towards having the parents ask their daughter how she behaved. Maybe my neighbour won’t ask and unless I’m directly asked, I’ll keep quiet.
                I too question why the parents would leave a 16 year old alone. They must have a good idea what would happen. And one set of grandparents lives close by, why wouldn’t she stay with them? Maybe I’m dwelling on this too much, in any event, I’ll share what happens with the Cafe.

I can’t imagine the mischief a 15 year old Cowboy would get into when left alone! Stories to come???

Have a great af Saturday everyone and stay away from the covidiots!

QW
                AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

I agree with Ginger and Jude and anyone else who said they would try to stay out of it. I agree with Mr. V that it's not fair for them to put in in that position. You're in a tough spot. I'm glad to know I'm not the only one that questioned the wisdom of leaving a 16yo home alone. Not something I would ever have done. I know what I was like at 16! Even if the daughter behaved perfectly, there's always the chance that she might let it slip to a close friend that she was home alone and that word could get out and the next thing you know it's "party time"! What were they thinking?! I was wondering: Did you have to get up and actually make the effort to detect that the truck was parked on the next block? Because if so, you really couldn't have been expected to do that. That's like policing and not really your job. Perhaps you should just restrict your answer, if he asks, to what you could see or hear from the comfort of your home. I'm glad it's your situation and not mine, QW because I think you will have the wisdom and strength to do the right thing as the situation unfolds, where as I'm not so sure I would! LOL

I will however be wise enough to have another 24 with my cafe friends today!
                  Last edited by dill; August 8, 2020, 10:09 AM.
                  Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Dill, I noticed the boyfriends truck on early morning walks I’m not supposed to be taking Jessie on!

Regardless of what the doc says and the aches I’ll get later on, Jessie and I need our meander time. Our vacationing neighbours are the ones who have been walking her so she’s not been too happy this last 10 days. As much as I like riding my exercise bike, there’s nothing like fresh air and sunshine.

I was concerned that there might be an out of control party next door and was prepared to call police if necessary but there was no party and they were pretty quiet. I’ve seen the damage a house party can cause and wouldn’t want that to happen to the neighbours.

The situation is not my problem. I didn’t make the choice to leave a 16 year old girl alone with her 18 year old boyfriend. What the heck were they thinking? The parents are much younger than I am so their memory of what goes on at that age should be fresher in their minds.

I’m disappointed in their daughter for betraying the trust her parents gave her. But that’s between them and none of my business.
                    Mrs QW and I are glad we raised 3 sons!

QW
                    AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                    F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

24 more please and thank you!

Comment

Good Morning Cafe! QW I’m glad you are going with your gut. If they are walking your dog, you dont want to get on their bad side! LOL. They will always side with their daughter. I have raised daughters and they are tough. Way too many hormones and as a doctor once mentioned in a work seminar, once they hit their menses they have estrogen poisoning and their moods swing like crazy. HAHA. I loved that one. Hope everyone has a great Sunday. We will be headed back to our condo in just 3 weeks for a little break. Looking forward to some different scenery. Another 24 for me please and thank you!

Comment

Well, it's certainly not the first time a teen thought they knew better than their parents and acted on it, QW. It's the nature of the beast. I'm more disappointed in the parents in this situation. I suppose we have all made errors in parenting tho, so I shall not judge!

It's going to be super hot and humid today, my least favorite weather! Still, it will be a darn good day for 24 more. Please and thank you.
                          Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Cross post, Rava! Thanks for the quote. Good one to start the day!
                            Dill

Comment

5:50am in Alberta, 24 for me and everyone else who needs them please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                              [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

Comment

Breakfast is ready y'all!

Comment

Working...
                                X