• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

24 more please

Comment

Good morning. Wondering how the dogs made out Ginger. My dog hates all other dogs so none are invited here. The sad part is that we have to walk him away from other dogs or he goes crazy. We socialized him when he was younger but he started getting more and more aggressive towards other dogs. We finally just gave up and keep him away. He thinks he is human I guess. Hope everyone has a great day. We have flash flood warnings today due to heavy rain predicted. Another 24 for me please and thank you. I’m starting to have feelings of wanting a glass of wine. UGH. Still have no alcohol in the house and need to keep it that way.

Comment

5:56am in Alberta, 24 more please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
        [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
        Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
        Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
        Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

We had quite the thunder, lightning, and rain storm night before last, went on for 4 or 5 hours! On my way to the farm I notice the power company truck parked along the side of the road. Upon further inspection I notice this

There were 2 poles hit by lightning! This one was spilt in half top to bottom and the power wire was in between the splits, the other pole was just blackened a bit with slight damage at the top. Needless to say, I had to load up stuff via flashlight in the seacan lol.
          Last edited by abcowboy; August 13, 2020, 06:35 PM.
          Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
          Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
          Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Dill, hubs makes the best dark chocolate zucchini"bread" I say it like that cuz it reminds me more of cake! It's so good, I like fried zucchini circles or there's always zoodles I'm sure you'll think of something, 5:50 am in Vegas I'm not drinking today, hope everyone has a wonderful AF day!
            I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
            Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Two little boys and a rambucious puppy! I'm surprised there's a picture left hanging straight. Actually, the boys are a breeze, keeping up with a partially potty trained 10 wk old pup, now that's a challenge. Lol Ginger doesn't like the puppy at all. He just wants to play but to her that's annoying. She's just too old to appreciate his energy!

I have my first cataract surgery today. I'm so nervous about the outcome. I have severe myopia so retinal detachment is a concern. Plus they found macular puckers in both eyes. I've always said my eyes are my weak link and by golly that's turning out to be true.

I'll take another 24, please and thank you!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Rava, stay strong. We’re here if you need to lean on your Cafe friends. We all know where that 1 drink leads, right?

Cowboy, that was quite the storm. We didn’t get it here but last night there were lightning lit clouds north of us. Quite the sight.

Ginger, hope your procedure goes well today.

Have a great af Thursday everyone!

QW
                Last edited by Quit wining; August 13, 2020, 08:24 AM.
                AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

[MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION]....we plan on taking a guided tour of the Thousand Islands by boat. We've done it before, and it's stunningly beautiful! Look up a recipe for zucchini pizza bites. It's a good way to use up your zucchini and they're delicious!
                  [MENTION=3270]ginger[/MENTION] 999.... I hope that your cataract surgery went well yesterday. I too, was extremely myopic before having my cataracts removed. After the healing process was over, I was amazed at how well that I could see! Without glasses! It's amazing!

24 more please and thank you!

Comment

Ginger, I hope your procedure went well. I can understand your fear. But odds are in your favor.

Jude and Pauly, thanks for the zucchini suggestions. They sound great! Jude, the boat ride tour sounds just perfect. I shall search the Islands later. I don't google anymore. I switched to duck duck go.

Yesterday's zucchini dish was a crock pot recipe from the internet called Zucchini Pasta Bake. It was pretty good!

Rava, my last two dogs both hated other dogs. They didn't much care for each other, either, but formed a peace so they could coexist. But they teamed up together to keep all other dogs at bay. Our Tessa however, loves other dogs and always responds positively when one strays onto our property.

That was an amazing lightening strike, Cowboy!

24 more please and thank you.
                    Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

5:45am in Alberta, another 24 for me please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                      [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

Comment

Hope all went well [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION]!

Comment

Good morning. Hope you are doing well Ginger! Once your eye heals up your vision should be much clearer. I had both eyes done and what a difference it makes! Cowboy, what a lightening strike. Wow. Glad it was a pole and not your house. We had a beautiful double rainbow last night. I have never seen one so bright. Maybe a sign of some sort? Hope everyone has a great AF Friday! Another 24 for me please and thank you.

Comment

Thanks for the well wishes! Everything went fine. I have my follow up at 820a this morning to remove the patch. I knew going in I'd still need glasses after but they won't be coke bottle lenses anymore! That will be nice. One down, one to go!

I'll take another 24, please and thank you!

Comment

Glad everything went smoothly Ginger 5:55 am in Vegas another 24,hope everyone has a wonderful AF day!
                              I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                              Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Glad the eye procedure went well yesterday Ginger, hope you’re pleased with the improvement in your vision when the patch is removed.

For the past couple of years, I’ve done most of the grocery shopping mainly because I don’t mind it. For the past 6 months or so I’ve done all of the shopping, mainly so that Mrs QW doesn’t have to go out.
                                I frequently am reminded of how her Parkinson’s is progressing. Yesterday she wanted to pick up a few things at the grocery store so we went with a list of 7 items. She pushed the cart to give her extra stability. I left her to get a few items and when I returned, she complained about not being able to find something. She had walked past them twice and was standing right beside them. And then on the way home she asked if I picked up toothpaste, one of the items on the list. No, I didn’t because she was in the personal care section so I assumed she had. It was one of three items on her list.
                                Frequently the physical impact of Parkinson’s is evident but not so much the mental deterioration. Yesterday was a sad reminder the disease continues its progression. It breaks my heart.

Today we’re going for a drive in the country to get some fresh air and see how the crops are doing. We noticed the other day that the canola crop is no longer in flower. When it is, it’s a spectacular sight - yellow as far as you can see.

Have a great af Friday everyone.

QW
                                Last edited by Quit wining; August 14, 2020, 08:45 AM.
                                AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                                F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Working...
                                X