No announcement yet.

~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Glad you made it safe and sound [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION]!

Hopefully [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] didn't have to sleep over at the DMV to keep his spot in the line lol.

It's a confusing situation for sure [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] lol. We are moving from the house in Vermilion to the in-laws house. We had to get an appraiser in to the house in Veg to get a true value on the house, then we had to make them a "reasonable offer" based on the appraised value. The bottom line is that we'll move into their house with a bit of money loss, but not having to go in debt, at least that's how we're hoping it pans out lol. It will take all the money from our house sale, plus the money that we've already spent over there, so we won't see any, or very little, profit off the house sale in Vermilion.

I'm posting this from the camper at the farm! I get to start being a combine jockey again! And it's also Bubba and my 20th anniversary today, so HAPPY ANNIVERSARY BUBBA!
    Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
    Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
    Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

70F and a little froggy out, going to be humid.
      Wow, I see the DMV is everyone's favorite place! Only 45 min., might be a record, lol! Wonder if Pauley can beat my time, lol!
      Great clip, Dill!
      Super busy Cowboy! Better than wasting time drinking.
      Hate driving in the rain Rava! Also as I get older, not fond of driving at night.
      Wonder how the new eyes affect driving at night, Ginger? Let us know.
      24 more please

Comment

And.....the award goes to... Mr V for the quickest trip through the DMV! The surgery should make night driving doable again. I'd stopped driving at night because of the cataract glare. That will be gone now. However, we rarely get out at night so might take awhile before I put that to the test.

ABC, enjoy your field time! Rava, that drive sounds just awful. Our worst nightmare when we are towing!

Hope everyone is having an easy week! 24 more!

Comment

You beat me Mr. V I think I was there a bit over an hour, I was kinda mad cuz I wanted to do the "real ID" while I was there too, had all my documents but they said I needed my marriage license????? What does that's hafta do with anything? I'm me, here's my stuff let's do it but nooooooo they gotta make it harder than it has to be, Rava, glad you got there safe and yes I'd be hanging on the edge of my seat with that storm too! Hoping everyone has a wonderful AF day, 5:54 am in Vegas I won't be drinking today
          I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
          Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Another24 hours please & thank you.

Happy Anniversary to you & Bubba, Cowboy! Congrats!
            Nice that harvest is getting started too. Look forward to seeing some pics from the cab.

Mr V, only 45 minutes at DMV - did you rush out and buy a lottery ticket?

I too hate driving at night, especially out of town because of wandering wildlife. I’ve had a few near collisions and collisions with deer. They’re beautiful to look at but they’re as smart as a sack of hammers.

We had a Skype visit with our Calgary family yesterday. The grandkids were so excited to show us their back to school gear.

Have a great af Tuesday everyone. Happy September 1st!

QW
            AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
            F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Came back to wish you and Bubba a Happy Anniversary Cowboy!!

Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Happy Anniversary cowboy!

Another sober day please and thank you!

Comment

75F at 5:30 am! Feel like someone just turned off the steam bath.
                  I knew I forgot something yesterday, Happy Anniversary, Cowboy and Bubba!
                  24 more please

Comment

5:25am in Alberta, I'll have another 24 please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                    @Juse58 [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
                    Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                    Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                    Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Thanks y'all for the anniversary wishes and for the cake [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION]!

That seems crazy about them needing your marriage license [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION], I wonder why they would need that??

Well, that was a short lived start to harvest, woke up to a gentle rain this morning. Here we go again, hurry up and wait lol.

Comment

I dunno Cowboy it was weird to me too, maybe cuz I don't have a passport? It was dumb to me, had one day of 99 degrees and this weekend it's shooting back up to 110 ugliest, longest summer ever without even a vacation really dampens my spirit think we were all in the same boat as far as getaways were, wishing everyone a fabulous AF day, do something nice for yourself

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Pauly, government requirements don’t always make sense. After my Dad died, Mom went to have the car registration changed from both names to hers. She had a copy of the death certificate, notarized copy of Dad’s will, her ID plus other documents. She was told she had to provide their marriage certificate! After 63 years, how many people would still have their marriage certificate? I had to calm down two levels to get to livid when I heard that government regulations did this to a recent widow.

After a delay of 7 months, mostly thanks to Covid-19, this morning I’m discussing with the managers of the program which matches mentors with military members who are transitioning into entrepreneurship, a time frame to get me matched. Looking forward to it!

Have a great af Wednesday everyone!

QW
                          AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                          F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Fires are bad in our area. Our oldest son has been out fighting them to help neighbors. High winds have made it terrible. 10,000 acres burned and 0% contained. Praying!!

24 more, please.

Comment

Praying for you and your son and neighbors, Ginger. :heartbeat:

Thanks for the refresher Cowboy. Now I'm back on the same page. Happy Anniversary to you and Bubba!:sohappy:

24 more please and thank you.
                              Last edited by dill; September 2, 2020, 11:45 AM.
                              Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Another 24 please, cool day here +11C in Calgary.

Happy Anniversary Cowboy!

Have a good one.
                                Narilly

"Nothing in this World Can take the place of Persistence"
                                "You can have the life you want OR you can Drink"

AF April 12, 2014

Comment

Working...
                                X