Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Hang in there Tony, it’s so worth it. Great advice from your Cafe friends and we’re here for you any time. Stirly, great to see you here! Your words of wisdom are right on.

A sad reminder of what can happen when you drink and drive. This happened 2 years ago but just got through the court system yesterday. A father, 3 times over the legal limit, rolled his vehicle, killing his 17 year old daughter and seriously injuring her best friend. He was sentenced to 5 1/2 years in prison followed by an 8 year driving ban.
    Alberta has begun issuing 3 day suspensions and 3 day vehicle seizures for drivers caught with a blood alcohol limit of .05 but less than .08 in order to reduce the number of impaired drivers on our roads. Over the long weekend 99 impaired charges were laid so this move will hopefully save lives and improve road safety.

Have a great af Thursday everyone!

QW
    Last edited by Quit wining; September 10, 2020, 08:45 AM.
    AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
    F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Starting to feel a bit better in myself but I've got the cravings kicking in so can I please have another 24, and thank you

Comment

A quick pop-in looking for 24 more please

Comment

5:20am in Alberta, another 24 for me please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
          [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
          Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
          Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
          Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Just For Today

Just for today I will try to live through this day only, and not
            tackle all my problems at once. I can do something for twelve
            hours that would appall me if I felt that I had to keep it up for a
            lifetime.

-excerpted from the AA Just for Today meditation.

Another 24 for all of us, please and thank you.
            Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Thanks for the excerpt dill.....such a good reminder.

Another 24 please and thank you very much!

Comment

Glad you're feeling a little better, Tony. Someone else mentioned this but I'll say it again, sugar sure helped me with the cravings. If you haven't already, give it a try. I'm keeping you in my thoughts and sending you energy to get through this successfully. We all know how hard this is. We got your back!

Another day of virtual learning with the grands. Yesterday was much better than the day before. Hopefully, each day improves until they get used to this new normal. We head out the end of October. Not sure what they'll do then. The school, at this time, says they will do this through Dec 4. I noticed everyone of my gson's middle school teachers were my age or older. Makes sense they're in no hurry to get back in a classroom. For those teachers their students change every 45-60 min so their exposure is inflated to 150 students a day. Ugh.... I'd retire!

Hoping everyone has an easy day. I'll take another 24, please and thank you!

Comment

Glad you’re working your way through this Tony. If you need us, we’re here.

I hope you’re staying safe from the fires Ginger, as well as other MWO friends. Wagmor, we’re thinking about you too. It’s heartbreaking to see the damage these fires have caused.

We’re off to the big smoke tomorrow to meet our son the chef for lunch. Thanks to Covid, we haven’t seen him in person for 3 months.

Have a great af Friday everyone!

QW

24/7/365

Comment

It’s been some crazy times for this cowboy lol. Got called back for combining yesterday, and between yesterday and today we finished the peas and I’m combining wheat as we speak! Peas are hard to combine as they are so close to the ground, but wheat is way easier so hopefully my hands will be freed up to do some meaningful posts through the day!
                    Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                    Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                    Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Glad you are feeling better Tony. Everyday will get better and better until you actually don’t think about it every waking minute. We are getting a full day of rain here today. I have plans to stay busy and none of them include booze. Another 24 for me please and thank you.

Comment

5:30am in Alberta, I'll have 24 more please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                        [MENTION=23019]tonyniceday[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

Comment

Geez cowboy! Can you get any busier? Hang in there!

Thanks for the quote Rava! Always a good way to start the day!

24 more please and thank you!

Comment

Hope our Cafe friends in the PNW are safe from the forest fires. We’re to get smoke from those fires starting later today. Ginger, Wagmor, look forward to hearing you’re safe.

Looking forward to lunch with our son today. Even though we’re only a 45 minute drive away, he’s been busy with work and we just haven’t been going out unless absolutely necessary.

Have a great af Saturday everyone.

QW

24/7/365

Comment

Thanks for the quote, Rava. I agree with it 100%

QW, have a great time with your son today!

Ginger, we in Ohio have had some beautiful sunrises and sunsets because the smoke from your area has travelled all the way here in the jet stream. It is up too high to affect our air quality, thankfully. I'm glad your technology glitches with the online school lessons are getting worked out. I can't wait for the vaccine to come so we can start to move past all this.

Cowboy, your are the indefatigable wonder!

Tony, hope you are hanging in there, but no matter what, keep checking in!

24 more please and thank you.
                              Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Enjoy your visit with your son QW Ginger glad the online school is going smoother, Tony keep at it, rest when you need to also helps, 6:19 am in Vegas another 24
                                I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                                Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Working...
                                X