Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

ABC, enjoy your tractor time!

Tony, hope you are doing ok and staying focused. Pauly is right, rest when you need to.

QW, hope your visit with your son was enjoyable. I'm sure it was!

Great quote, Rava.

We are safe from fires at the moment. When we built on this knob, we chose hardscape instead of combustible foliage. Pretty sure we'd be safe even if it did get close. Air quality is abysmal tho. They equate it to smoking 20 packs of cigarettes. Visibility from my chair looks to be a half mile, maybe.

Hope everyone has an easy AF day. I'll take another 24, please and thank you!

Comment

"The Goal Isn’t To Be Sober. The Goal Is To Love Yourself So Much That You Don’t Need To Drink."

just thought that I'd throw that out there this morning!

Happy Sunday morning all! Looking forward to breakfast cowboy!

24 more please and thank you!

Comment

73F
        Cowboy seems busy, anyone for some french toast casserole?
        24 more here please

Comment

Mr. V that casserole looks wicked good! MMmmm! Bengals play today. You feeling the tug to go and take pictures? I am not planning on watching the game. I'm one who is disappointed that football, like everything else, has become a place for politics to be foisted upon us. It used to be a game where we could all just come together and put other things aside.

Jude, thank you for that great quote!

We had a nice visit yesterday from a nephew we haven't seen in 2 years and his young family. We planned for an outdoor visit and the weather cooperated, thank goodness! It was so nice.

24 more please and thank you.
          Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

5:55am in Alberta, 24 for me and everyone else who needs them please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
            [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
            Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
            Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
            Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Yum French toast casserole. Thank you Mr. V. Maybe Cowboy needs a kitchen break. Ginger glad the fires are not too close to you. Tony, keep checking in and remember we are all rooting for you. We are in the mist of tropical storm sally. Such torrential rain. Thank goodness no wind, but lots of flooding. Think I will stay inside all day except for walking my dog which will be really difficult in this mess! Great quote today Jude!! Hi to Pauly, QW, Dill and anyone else I missed. Hope everyone has a great day today. Another 24 for me please and thank you.

Comment

Thanks for making breakfast [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION], very yummy and muchly appreciated!

Harvest shut down yesterday because of the weather, and not looking good for today either. The crops just don't seem to be curing with this cool damp weather and the farm boss doesn't want to fill all the bins with wet crops only to have to take it out, run it through the grain dryer, and put it back, but we're almost half-way through September and have less then 20% of the crop off...

Some great quotes and words to ponder from [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION], [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION], and [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION], thank you ladies!

I wonder what sobriety really means to us all... I feel like I'm on a crazy fair ride and can't get off, and somedays think that a good drunk would be "oh so good" and be just what I need to get my head on straight again, but would it? It's not that it would mean re-setting my counter back to day one, I've been there many times and I've proved to myself that I can achieve long term sobriety. It's not that I don't love myself, I do, but I can love myself no matter who I am. What my past has taught me is that drinking doesn't help, it just prolongs the inevitable. So what's the point in drinking, only to face that same fair ride but with a hangover. For me it's not what sobriety means to me, or what sobriety has given me, it's more about what drinking means to me, or what drinking will give me, nothing, absolutely nothing. It's better to face the future with a clear mind, with clear goals, instead of a foggy mind and a poor attitude on life....

Have a great day everyone, enjoy today for what it has in store for you, no matter what that may be!
                Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Good words, Cowboy!

Rava, stay safe from Sally. Dog walks in the pouring ran are the worst!

Our air quality is hazardous right now so we haven't walked in several days except to potty the pooch. Thank goodness for the recumbent bike!

Another smokey day in the neighborhood. Seahawks play at 10a today. Hubby is just plain giddy! Lol

Thanks for breakfast, Mr. V.

24 more, please!

Comment

6:09 am in Vegas another 24,hope everyone has a wonderful AF day!
                    I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                    Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Mr V, thanks for brekkie! Is this from a family recipe because if so, your Cafe friends might like the recipe. Hint, hint.

Great quotes this morning! Thanks to the contributors. I read the other day a quote from a wine importer who was murdered. He said “Life is too short to drink cheap wine”. I think we could shorten that to “Life is too short to drink”.

We had a great lunch and visit with our son yesterday and as a bonus, we got to see the rest of our Calgary family. Our grandkids are growing so fast!

I’m glad to see NFL football return, especially since our CFL season was cancelled because of Covid. And I fully agree that it would be wonderful to see politics kept out of football and all sport.

Enjoy Sunday, af everyone! And to our friends in the PNW, stay safe and I hope your air quality improves quickly.

QW
                      AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                      F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Thanks for breakfast yesterday Mr.V!

Stay strong cowboy....really stressful times for you right now! :hug:

24 more please and thank you!

Comment

5:25am in Alberta, another 24 please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                          [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

Comment

Thanks for your thoughts on sobriety Cowboy. It is definitely complicated. Or maybe we make it complicated but it's really simple. I don't know. Anyway, I choose sobriety because if I don't, I lose all self control and then self respect. It's not so much that I don't love myself, but I sure don't like myself. I lose feelings of happiness and hope, feeling healthy, being able to think clearly, the respect of those around me and the trust of those who love me. Those are my reasons for choosing not to drink. That, plus avoiding a hangover!!!

Stay safe, Rava! I've been keeping an eye on Sally and I don't like what I see.

Ginger, I hope things improve for you. Is there any hope of rain or improved weather conditions? I hope your grandkids are getting on well with the distance learning.

QW, I'm glad you got to see your Calgary family! Did it lift Mrs. QW's spirits? I know it lifts mine when I have those rare treats.

24 more please and thank you.
                            Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Good morning. Woke up to more torrential rain. Wish I could send this to you Ginger!! QW glad you had a good visit with your family. Cowboy, your thoughts are good ones for sure! Dill I feel the same way about losing all control and hating myself. I don’t understand how I went from being able to drink responsibly to losing all self control and guzzling until I am shit faced stumbling around. What the hell happened over the years? Realizing that I can’t keep it together makes me not want to start over pretending like I have control when I know I clearly don’t. Hangovers in your 60’s are a lot harder to recover from. Hope everyone has a good Monday. Another 24 for me please and thank you.

Comment

Dill, you nailed exactly why I quit! No way I want to go back to that insanity and Rava, you're right about hangovers as we age. Ugh, who needs it! Send some rain!

The boys other grandma is supervising distance learning Mon/Tue and we'll do Wed/Thur. Their dad will do Fridays. Just leaves our granddaughter who starts today. I was going to get her but her dad is home due to the air quality so won't see her until he goes back. I'm so thankful they are all in the same school district. Makes things a little easier.

Air quality is still listed as hazardous. I feel so bad for people with respiratory ailments. Terrible!

Hope everyone has an easy week. 24 more, please!

Comment

Working...
                                X