Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

I read this a few minutes ago and thought it worth sharing.

We are drowning in information while starving for wisdom.

Another awesome brekkie Cowboy, much appreciated on a cold morning. Might just have waffles and blueberries this morning.

Looking forward to “seeing” the grandkids via Skype this morning, next best thing to an in person visit but sadly lacking in the hug department. Had a Skype visit with my son in Australia last evening. They’ve been under a very strict lockdown in Melbourne for several weeks and apparently it’s working as their new Covid numbers are averaging less than 5 a day in a city of almost 5 million people.

Have a great af Sunday everyone, stay safe.

QW
    Last edited by Quit wining; October 25, 2020, 08:15 AM.
    AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
    F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Thanks for brekkie, ABC. Yummy as always. Wouldn't it be awesome for all of us to have an in-person breakfast some day?

First full day with two new cats around Ginger went fine. Whew. Have to admit, I was a tad worried.

Tomorrow we will have the two boys for school, their puppy, the two cats and Ginger. Animal house!

24 more!

Comment

5:15am in Alberta, another 24 please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
        [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
        Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
        Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
        Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Thanks QW, for the quote. We are lucky here in the cafe because we have you and Cowboy, both willing and able to share wisdom. :happy2: I hope you enjoyed your skype visit. Thank goodness for technology.

Pauly, it's good you have been able to get used to wearing a mask for long periods. Still, I look forward to the day when we can all stop wearing them! We should have a mask burning here at the cafe when that day comes.:happy2:

Ginger it sounds like you are running a pet bed and breakfast!

24 more please and thank you for all of us here.
          Last edited by dill; October 26, 2020, 06:21 AM.
          Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

I often think it would be nice to take a road trip, visit with each of you in your home place, but getting together as a group would be fantastic! Of course it would mean I'd have to renew my passport lol.

I believe we all contribute in our own ways [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION]. I read of the situations you all share and it gives me hope that I would have the same strength if ever faced with that same situation. And knowing that I can come to the Café and get advice on the things that I face, from people who understand, is priceless in my book!
            Last edited by abcowboy; October 26, 2020, 06:27 AM.
            Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
            Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
            Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

50F and cloudy, not gonna get much warmer today.
              Enjoy the animal house, Ginger!
              Had a great weekend with sis and BIL, stuffing our pie holes!
              Yet, I'm still starving for wisdom! lol
              24 more please

Comment

Thanks for the quote QW...pretty spot on for these difficult times.
                [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] thanks for the Doris day video! My Mom used to sing that song all of the time while doing housework. In fact, people would stop her out on the street and tell her that she looked just like Doris Day! After seeing that video, I would have to agree!

Another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

Good morning and hope everyone has a great Monday. Spent the entire weekend on a camping trip with spotty internet. Another 24 for me please and thank you.

Comment

5:50 am in Vegas I won't be drinking today, hope everyone has a wonderful AF day!
                    I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                    Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Why don’t we have a visit, a mask burning party & Sunday morning brekkie in Jasper National Park sometime?

I agree, we all bring our own contributions to the Cafe and everyone’s different experiences make the Cafe a special place. I have been helped and supported so much by all of you, thanks!

We had a great Skype visit with our Calgary family last evening and another reminder of why we have kids when we’re young. Our son commented on how tired he was after a weekend of household chores and activities with the kids. We just smiled and reminded him that we experienced the same thing not that many years ago with him and his brothers.

Have a great af Monday everyone, stay safe!

QW
                      AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                      F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Quick fly by... 24 more, please!

Comment

Early check in for me today. Hope everyone has a great AF day. Another 24 for me please and thank you.

Comment

5:35am in Alberta, 24 more for me please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                            [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

Comment

Love your idea of a mask burning party and brekkie in Jasper [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION]! That would be awesome!

40°F with overcast skies. Mr. J is out hunting, and probably won't be home until dark. I love being outdoors, but I could never sit in the woods that long! Lol!

Another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

Love the Jasper meet up idea, QW!

It's looking more and more like we will stay home this winter. Neither of us is all that interested this year. If we do, we will try to get a beach house for a month in Southern Oregon just to escape the cold in January. Again... We will see!

Got up way too early this morning! 5:14 here. Another school day/zoo today. Lol

24 more!

Comment

Working...
                                X