No announcement yet.

~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I thought you mentioned Banff when you talked about the get together [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] as it's much closer to you, but Jasper is every bit as beautiful! I've been to both places on a number of occasions and might add that the Jasper golf course is a fantastic place to spend an afternoon [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION]!

Churches here in Veg have re-opened as well [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] with limited seating. Bubba took the MIL a couple of Sunday's ago and she told Bubba it wasn't the same and she didn't want to go back till she could sing in the choir again. With the Covid numbers on the rise again in Alberta, I think that it'll be a ways down the road before anything gets back to close to being normal...
    Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
    Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
    Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Glad your daughter is safe Dill, I've been watching reruns of NCIS New Orleans lately and it's a beautiful city in parts, people only think of the party part but it looks like there's alot of historical interesting areas too, 5:58 am in Vegas I won't be drinking today, hope we all have a wonderful AF day!
      I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
      Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

The last time I golfed at the Jasper course, on the first hole I hit a great drive and the ball rolled right up to a bull elk lying on the fairway. It was rutting season so I left that ball right where it was and played another. The scenery is amazing and each tee offers a beautiful mountain view. Anyone interested in a game after our mask burning party??

Mr V, our youth justice committee consists of 10 people and all of us did something stupid when we were younger, the difference is that we didn’t get caught. We do our best to help the young offender see how they could have handled things differently, how they would handle things in similar circumstances in the future. Frequently alcohol or drugs were a factor. A requirement of referral to our program is an admission of guilt and this is a one time deal. Should they re-offend, they will go through the legal system and be dealt with by the courts. The recidivism rate is very low as a result. One of the committee members supervises the young offender until their consequences are complete. Overall, it’s very satisfying work the committee does.

It looks like COVID is going to be with us for a long time given the increasing numbers of new cases. And amazingly, I heard an ad on radio the other day for a banquet centre saying they were taking bookings for Xmas parties for up to 600! Um, gatherings are currently limited to 15 so not sure how they think they can get away with 600. Covidiots!

Have a great af Thursday everyone.

QW
        AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
        F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

QW, I hope that young lady has an epiphany and turns things around with this chance. Each one of my boys did something stupid that could have been determinantal, if not for a second chance! Awww youth.

Dill, the lovely thing about online services, you can vertually attend anywhere in the world. The world is your oyster/mass! 🕍

School day today. Extra animals are settling in nicely. 24 more!

Comment

"Even in the midst of devastation, something within us always points the way to freedom". – Sharon Salzberg

I can't tell you how many times I escaped having to face the consequences of my actions in the past. Sometimes I wish that I had been caught, as it might have caused me to find sobriety a little sooner.

Another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

Hi Cafe. Ginger, I don’t blame you for staying put. If I drove all that way and then had limited amenities and basically not many folks there, it would be so hard to stay put in a small space. Hopefully things will change for the better sooner rather than later! We are also getting the remnants of Hurricane Zeta today. Lots and lots of rain here on the east coast. Feel like climbing back in bed but I’m forcing myself to stay up. Hope everyone has a good day today. Another 24 for me please and thanks!

Comment

Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Snow/rain mix today...yuck! Good day to stay inside!

Another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

Cold and windy here, but no rain. Not a great day for the outdoors but I need some exercise so I guess I'll brave it and go for a walk later.

24 more please and thank you.
                    Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

5:30am in Alberta, another 24 for me please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
                      [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
                      Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                      Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                      Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Great to have you join us [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION]! How's things with you? I imagine you're being pretty careful with this Covid thing though...

It's cold and windy here this morning with snow/rain in the forecast as well. It's supposed to be a decent day tomorrow for the trick or treatsters, and even warmer on Sunday for the first day of hunting season. I'll be a nice day to get out with Adam for some one on one time with him out in the great outdoors!

I remember one of the times my Uncle and I golfed Jasper and a coyote came running out onto the fairway and stole my Uncle's golf ball! Turns out the coyote was a permanent resident and was famous for doing that!

How's Mr J doing with his bow hunting [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION]? Does he have a blind or tree stand, or is he a spot and stalk type of hunter?
                        Last edited by abcowboy; October 30, 2020, 06:42 AM.

Comment

47F and cloudy. Got about 2+ inches of rain, less than the predicted 3-4, so that's good.
                          Got called to work this weekend, things have fallen apart after I left, with my replacements. Gonna work, not sure how I feel about that.
                          24 more here please.

Comment

I say yes to golf at our Jasper reunion! Hoping to get out today for a quick 9 as I'm off today!

HI, Techie!

Our numbers are going back up too, just as predicted. Ugh😩

Rented the cottage in Gold Beach, OR yesterday for January. Hope the boys are back in school full-time by then!

24 more!

Comment

Numbers back up here too when the governor just said two weeks ago we were doing well. I think the cooler temps have something to do with the spread too, here and in other places,makes me sad 5:49 am in Vegas I won't be drinking today, wishing everyone a fabulous AF Friday!
                              Last edited by paulywogg; October 30, 2020, 07:50 AM.
                              I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                              Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Ginger, I’m not familiar with the southern Oregon Coast and Gold Beach so I had to check it out on Google. Not a surprise that it’s beautiful just like the rest of the coast. I can almost taste the clam chowder!
                                If we’re fortunate enough to get back someday, I’d love to photograph the numerous bridges and lighthouses along the coast. I remember watching whales from the lookout at Cape Foulweather on our previous visits.

Mr V, hope your work this weekend goes well. They obviously miss your talent!

Stay safe and have a great af Friday everyone!

QW
                                AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                                F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Working...
                                X