No announcement yet.

~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I read that quote this morning and had to share it because it's exactly what happened to me. All the attempts at a successful quit boiled down to that one moment, and it clicked, it took hold. At that moment I knew I'd never drink again, and I'm the only one who can ruin that moment... So never quit searching for that moment, if it can happen for me, it can happen for you!

Well I decided on a truck and got mostly everything done yesterday with a few things to finalize on Tuesday when I go pick it up. I wanted side window visors put on before I picked it up but sounds like they won't arrive until late next week so I'll have to take the truck back in to have them installed. Now to get my butt in gear and get the old truck emptied out and the cap taken off. I guess I can say "I owe, I owe, so it's off to work I go" with some honesty now lol.
    Last edited by abcowboy; November 6, 2020, 07:50 AM.
    Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
    Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
    Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

5:35 am in Vegas I won't be drinking today, hope everyone has a happy AF Friday!
      I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
      Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Love, love, love that quote, ABC.

24 more please!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Great quote Cowboy. How true. We are in control even though the beast might try to take that from us. ‘“If it is to be, it is up to me”.

One more medical appointment today and that’s it for a while. Mrs QW has re-scheduled some non-essential appointments because of increasing Covid cases in Calgary hospitals, a smart move I think.

I saw an ad for a sweatshirt at a local clothing store. On the shirt it read “Don’t piss off old people. The older we get, the less a life sentence is a deterrent”

Have a great af Friday everyone! Stay safe.

QW
          Last edited by Quit wining; November 6, 2020, 08:59 AM.
          AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
          F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

vierundzwanzig. (24 German)
            Last edited by techie; November 6, 2020, 11:47 AM.
            “Outside of a dog a book is man’s best friend. Inside of a dog it’s too dark to read”

Comment

I had a bit of spare time and sat in a field in my truck and this mule deer doe and twins walked in front of the truck not 25 yards from me!

Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
              Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
              Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Originally posted by abcowboy View Post
                I had a bit of spare time and sat in a field in my truck and this mule deer doe and twins walked in front of the truck not 25 yards from me!

Great pic
                “Outside of a dog a book is man’s best friend. Inside of a dog it’s too dark to read”

Comment

Love the pic, ABC!

Comment

Love the quote and the picture Cowboy. Another 24 for me please and thank you.

Comment

Thanks for the quote and the picture, Cowboy. That picture oozed serenity. A good spot to mull over the quote. You said the other day that you prefer silence to having the noise of talk or music running. I kind of envy that. I think I like to listen to podcasts and books as a distraction from my thoughts. I think I am going to try to wean myself away from so much listening and see what is on my mind, like you. I need to be able to make peace with my thoughts.

24 more please and thank you.
                      Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

41F, sunny, with near record highs expected the next few days.
                        Got motivated with this weather, and I'm refinishing my back deck. I was going to put it off until spring, but being blessed with this weather.
                        Now to beat the leaf dump from my 100 year old oak tree.
                        24 more please

Comment

5:35am in Alberta, I'll have 24 more please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
                          [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

Comment

Good Saturday morning all! Sunny and warm today with temps near 70°F! I'll take it while I can! :smile-new:

Thanks for the great quote and pic cowboy! It was nice to see both this morning.

Another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

5:30 am in Vegas I won't be drinking today, hope everyone enjoys their day!
                              I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                              Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Hope everyone has a restful weekend. 24 more please and thank you!

Comment

Working...
                                X